“This stay didn't work out!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Clarion
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Michigan
“This stay didn't work out!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had a long day working and then traveling from NYC to Clarion, PA. This room was booked in advance on the Hilton website as I usually do. I've been a Diamond member of Hilton for many years and spend more than 150 nights a year in Hilton brand hotels. I checked in around 8 P.M. and proceeded to my room for the night. Upon arrival I noticed it was extremely hot so I walked right for the thermostat to cool things down. It showed 80 degrees in the room and I found after several minutes that the AC was not working at all. I went to the front desk and was told they had no other rooms, but she would see what she could do when she had time since she was the only one working. She quickly dismissed me and started to wait on other people and gave them rooms. I found that I was getting no where with her and if they had no rooms, I wasn't going to sit around for nothing, so I told her I was leaving and would take my business elsewhere. I called my wife to book a room at another site and I ended up driving to Sharon, PA and stayed at the Hampton Inn there which was a very pleasant experience. My wife decided to call the Clarion Hampton Inn and the woman at the desk was very unpleasant to her and said if you want to complain I will give you the voicemail of the manager who isn't working. Before my wife could say anything more she was cut off and transferred to the voicemail. She left a message and our phone number, but weeks later we have still never heard anything from him. I thought an apology would be in order, but I guess this is how business is done there. I have read other reviews that stated the front desk staff is rude and unfriendly and as long as that environment exists, I will stop elsewhere for my nights sleep!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HMTCLPA, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Clarion, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is amazing. Great location! There are a couple restaurants around, has free breakfast which saves money, free wifi and an indoor pool. The rooms were clean and had no odor and they were spacious. The staff here is very nice and accommodating and helped us with all of our needs. I defiantly recommend this hotel to anybody traveling through the town.

• Stayed July 2013
New Palestine, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We stopped on our way through while traveling. Hotel was nice. Front desk gal was very unpleasant and very unfriendly. It was very uncomfortable checking in and very odd for the "face" of the hotel to be so unwelcoming. I was OVERLY friendly with her and it helped some, but she still was not doing a job that fit her personality.

• Stayed July 2013
Wheaton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Spent one night unexpectedly due to highway closure. After 13 plus hours on the road we needed a friendly greeting, clean and comfortable room and good beds. They delivered on all fronts. Fitness area had good equipment. Breakfast the next day wasn't the best offering I've had at a Hampton Inn, but was good. Usual variety of foods-they kept running out of the egg/meat entree for the morning but I think it was in part due to some guests "appetites". The service staff seemed stressed trying to keep everything stocked. But, plenty of seating and a comfortable place to eat.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Quechee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Hotel was nice, but a little noisy. Heard does closing and trucks leaving. Breakfast was not restocked very quickly and the coffee was not very hot. Bed was very comfortable but the a/c did not work as well as it could have

Philadelphia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Check-in was rather unpleasant. The young woman was not friendly, she did not smile once, she was not welcoming, and all of that left me feeling uncomfortable. I've worked as a front desk agent at a Hilton and Homewood Suites, and I'd NEVER greet a customer that way. It was really bizarre to me. I felt very unwelcome. She then handed me my keys, no "Enjoy your stay!" or "The elevator is just down this hall," nothing. I had to ask her where I was going. We otherwise had no interaction with the staff except when checking out, and that desk agent was much friendlier. We had no other notable problems. A small centipede or millipede crawled out from the closet when I happened to be standing there and notice it. No biggie. I didn't find the bed very comfortable--like an old spring mattress that angled toward the middle a bit. Again, not a big deal. And the second morning we awoke to what we believe was a child running and jumping in the room above us at 6:30 a.m. Again, outside the control of the hotel, but unpleasant nonetheless. Otherwise, very clean bathroom and facilities. The steel-cut oatmeal with the complimentary breakfast was the best!

Holland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was a very nice clean hotel with easy access to the expressway and stores, restaurants and gas stations. I would recommend this hotel to others. The staff was very good and the environment was friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Clarion? Share your experiences!