“very nice saty” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Clarion
Detroit, Michigan
“very nice saty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stay there only one night on the way to New York. The clerk was very helpful. She found us two rooms at same floor and even we booked two doubles, changed one of the rooms to king bed. Thank you for the comfortable rooms and very good breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I am very happy that your stay here at the Comfort Inn in Clarion was a pleasant one! We do have a great breakfast and love hearing that our guests enjoyed it. My staff is excellent at customer service, so it did not surprise me that our front desk clerk was helpful to you. My staff loves hearing the great comments that we receive on Trip Advisor, it makes them feel like the job they do is very rewarding. I am also happy to hear that your room was comfortable. Soon, we are getting all new bedding and furniture! We are excited about making our rooms even nicer. If you come back to the area, we hope to see you again. If there is anything you need while here, please do not hesitate to ask! Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
pinckney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Arrived recently and was quick to notice 20+ Tri-Axle Dump Trucks in parking lot, lined up in front of the hotel on the side and in the back. The front desk clerk was nice but refused to release me from my reservation. So as expected 5am came early with the roar of diesel engines and the constant beeping of huge trucks backing up. Never did get back to sleep, what a day.

Upon checking out the General Manager Karen McKisson immediately offered up a $32.70 discount for my trouble, obviously she knew it was a problem but didn't really care. So my already expensive $107.00 hotel nite was now going to be only $75.00! Great deal here at this hotel get a free breakfast served after 6am but wake up at 5am unexpectedly.

I did complain to Choice Hotels.com and the General Manager of the property Karen McKisson stated guests come and go at all hours and we have no control over that, yes they do but how many of them leave in a diesel dump truck that has a roaring engine, 100+ decibel back up warning devices, at 5am?

A fair deal and the hotel room I contracted for is not what I received from this company. Likely the prices are jacked up to make it easy to pass on the $32.70 discount for those who complain.

As a Diamond Elite member of Choice Hotels this will be the last stay for me, as this would never be tolerated at Holiday Inn Express or any other "Quality Hotel". I wonder if the construction company repairs damaged asphalt from 15 ton vehicles?

Room Tip: If you see 20 or more large dump trucks run away
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review, we appreciate our guests comments, whether they are praise or criticism, as they help us to improve. I apologize that you were awoken by some of our other guests. We do get busy and guests are leaving the parking lot at all hours. I am sorry that you are not happy with the discount I gave you, but I do however think it is fair. I spoke to my front desk girl who checked you in, and she informed me that you never asked to be released from your reservation. If you had asked, she would have happily made you another reservation at a nearby hotel. We do not want anyone to stay at our hotel who does not wish to. I know that you checked out after 9:00am and breakfast was still available to you. I am not sure if you took advantage of that or not, but I certainly hope so, we have a wonderful breakfast! The room you received was our suite, equipped with Jacuzzi tub, kitchenette, and king size bed, and I am sorry that you left unhappy.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Have stayed here several times in the past, and each time it has been a nice experience. Hotel is located in right off I 80 with easy on off. Rooms are spacious with comfortable beds. My room had a sofa which I can say that as a person who travels frequently this is a nice feature. Breakfast was nice with many choices. I would highly recommend this place

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to do so! I am happy that you enjoyed all the "comforts" that we have to offer. My staff takes great pride in their jobs and love to read our guests comments. If there is anything that you need, while here, please do not hesitate to ask, that is what we are here for! Enjoy your summer and we hope to see you the next time you are in Clarion.
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel about 5 times over the course of the last several months during various trips on I80. The hotel always provided a good place to stop and rest for the night. The area had plenty of food options for dinner and the hotel had a nice free breakfast each morning including continental and hot foods. The pool and hot tub was a nice touch as well. The front desk staff were always very nice at each visit. Would recommend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We are so pleased that you stay with us on your many trips through the area! Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review! My staff loves to read the reviews from our guests, it makes them proud of our team and keeps them motivated to always try to please all of our customers. If you ever need anything during your visit, please do not hesitate to ask. We hope to see you here at the Comfort Inn in Clarion again soon. Enjoy your summer!
Copley, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our hiking club stayed at The Comfort Inn in Clarion, PA this past weekend for a visit to Cooks Forest. Although the hotel is in a very busy area located close to I-80, it is set far back down a street off the main state route. I was pleasantly surprised that it was so quiet and yet so convenient to a shopping mall right next door. I checked in and the first room I was given was on the first floor and before I unpacked I noticed footsteps above me so went back to front desk and requested a second floor room. It was located near the back of the building and was so quiet and convenient to the back stairs for loading and unloading your baggage. There is no elevator. The rooms are tastefully furnished, a little worn but very comfortable. Very clean. The breakfasts are generous - scrambled eggs, sausage links, make-your-own waffles along with the regular fare - toast, oatmeal, juice, cereal. Friday night we walked over to the mall - there is a K-Mart, a steak roadhouse and a movie theatre, J C Penney, etc. next door. Very quiet in the mall and we had fun shopping. The lobby area is pretty small but adequate. Icemaker was not working properly. It would have been nice to have a newspaper stand outside the lobby or for the hotel to provide USA Today. The pool looked nice; did not use. I would recommend to anyone staying in the Clarion area. Cooks Forest is about a 20 minute drive away. Very good location and very quiet. And the price was so reasonable - we paid $69.99 per night.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd room floor if you don't want to hear people walking above you and don't mind car...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are always happy to hear that a guests stay was pleasant and comfortable. I have a wonderful staff who works hard to ensure that our guests are happy with their accommodations. If you need anything while here at the Clarion Comfort Inn, please do not hesitate to ask. I am sorry that our ice machine wasn't working properly, our maintenance man has taken care of the problem. We hope you have a great summer and if you come back into the area, come and see us again.
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Not the newest hotel. Not updated or anything like the Ritz Carlton. But anyone who travels knows that's not what comfort inns are. This is a good, inexpensive place to rest. It might be dated, and some of the furniture shows wear, but you can get a good, quiet night sleep here. Friendly staff and always availability.

• Stayed May 2013
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review! I am very happy that you had a quiet, comfortable stay. We appreciate your business and are excited to let you know that soon, we will be purchasing all new furniture and bed linens. It should give our rooms a great new look. I hope that if you return to Clarion, you will stay with us at the Comfort Inn and check out our new look! We are hoping to have it done in about 3 months! Have a great day!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here previously and had no issues in fact wrote great review that this was the best hotel I've ever stayed in. Prepaid a reservation for non smoking room and requested second floor and fridge for storing infants breast milk.. When we arrived we were placed in 126 because second floor was full of natural gas drillers which was fine. The hallway reeked of smoke and when we arrived to our room it smelled very bad of cleaner and cig smoke to the point I was starting to feel sick. The room was also in very bad shape. It felt like we were given the last room and the worst room in the place. The bathroom sink had ding marks the mirror closet door was not there. The door on the freezer part if the fridge was missing and the molding in the bathroom had a hole in it. I hate to complain but due to feeling sick and the price of the room my husband politely spoke with the lady at the front desk she immediately took care of our concern and moved us to a different room that did not smell like smoke and was very helpful. I feel as if people that have issues need to politely let the front desk know and they will make it right. They are very well trained in hospitality. Going to be coming back later this summer and hope it starts out better than last trip..

• Stayed April 2013
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review. We appreciate our guests comments, whether they be criticism or praise, as they help us to improve over time! I would also like to thank you for bringing to my attention, the state of that particular room. I will let my maintenance department know so they can start taking care of those issues. My staff is well trained in hospitality and I am happy that you let them know of your concerns and they took care of it for you in a timely manner. We are happy that you are coming back and I would like you to know if you need anything while you are here, please do not hesitate to ask any of my staff. They work very hard to make sure all of our guests are happy and comfortable. We hope to see you soon!

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!