“Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Clarion
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Have stayed here several times in the past, and each time it has been a nice experience. Hotel is located in right off I 80 with easy on off. Rooms are spacious with comfortable beds. My room had a sofa which I can say that as a person who travels frequently this is a nice feature. Breakfast was nice with many choices. I would highly recommend this place

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
I would like to thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to do so! I am happy that you enjoyed all the "comforts" that we have to offer. My staff takes great pride in their jobs and love to read our guests comments. If there is anything that you need, while here, please do not hesitate to ask, that is what we are here for! Enjoy your summer and we hope to see you the next time you are in Clarion.

179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel about 5 times over the course of the last several months during various trips on I80. The hotel always provided a good place to stop and rest for the night. The area had plenty of food options for dinner and the hotel had a nice free breakfast each morning including continental and hot foods. The pool and hot tub was a nice touch as well. The front desk staff were always very nice at each visit. Would recommend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We are so pleased that you stay with us on your many trips through the area! Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review! My staff loves to read the reviews from our guests, it makes them proud of our team and keeps them motivated to always try to please all of our customers. If you ever need anything during your visit, please do not hesitate to ask. We hope to see you here at the Comfort Inn in Clarion again soon. Enjoy your summer!
Copley, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our hiking club stayed at The Comfort Inn in Clarion, PA this past weekend for a visit to Cooks Forest. Although the hotel is in a very busy area located close to I-80, it is set far back down a street off the main state route. I was pleasantly surprised that it was so quiet and yet so convenient to a shopping mall right next door. I checked in and the first room I was given was on the first floor and before I unpacked I noticed footsteps above me so went back to front desk and requested a second floor room. It was located near the back of the building and was so quiet and convenient to the back stairs for loading and unloading your baggage. There is no elevator. The rooms are tastefully furnished, a little worn but very comfortable. Very clean. The breakfasts are generous - scrambled eggs, sausage links, make-your-own waffles along with the regular fare - toast, oatmeal, juice, cereal. Friday night we walked over to the mall - there is a K-Mart, a steak roadhouse and a movie theatre, J C Penney, etc. next door. Very quiet in the mall and we had fun shopping. The lobby area is pretty small but adequate. Icemaker was not working properly. It would have been nice to have a newspaper stand outside the lobby or for the hotel to provide USA Today. The pool looked nice; did not use. I would recommend to anyone staying in the Clarion area. Cooks Forest is about a 20 minute drive away. Very good location and very quiet. And the price was so reasonable - we paid $69.99 per night.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd room floor if you don't want to hear people walking above you and don't mind car...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are always happy to hear that a guests stay was pleasant and comfortable. I have a wonderful staff who works hard to ensure that our guests are happy with their accommodations. If you need anything while here at the Clarion Comfort Inn, please do not hesitate to ask. I am sorry that our ice machine wasn't working properly, our maintenance man has taken care of the problem. We hope you have a great summer and if you come back into the area, come and see us again.
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Not the newest hotel. Not updated or anything like the Ritz Carlton. But anyone who travels knows that's not what comfort inns are. This is a good, inexpensive place to rest. It might be dated, and some of the furniture shows wear, but you can get a good, quiet night sleep here. Friendly staff and always availability.

• Stayed May 2013
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review! I am very happy that you had a quiet, comfortable stay. We appreciate your business and are excited to let you know that soon, we will be purchasing all new furniture and bed linens. It should give our rooms a great new look. I hope that if you return to Clarion, you will stay with us at the Comfort Inn and check out our new look! We are hoping to have it done in about 3 months! Have a great day!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here previously and had no issues in fact wrote great review that this was the best hotel I've ever stayed in. Prepaid a reservation for non smoking room and requested second floor and fridge for storing infants breast milk.. When we arrived we were placed in 126 because second floor was full of natural gas drillers which was fine. The hallway reeked of smoke and when we arrived to our room it smelled very bad of cleaner and cig smoke to the point I was starting to feel sick. The room was also in very bad shape. It felt like we were given the last room and the worst room in the place. The bathroom sink had ding marks the mirror closet door was not there. The door on the freezer part if the fridge was missing and the molding in the bathroom had a hole in it. I hate to complain but due to feeling sick and the price of the room my husband politely spoke with the lady at the front desk she immediately took care of our concern and moved us to a different room that did not smell like smoke and was very helpful. I feel as if people that have issues need to politely let the front desk know and they will make it right. They are very well trained in hospitality. Going to be coming back later this summer and hope it starts out better than last trip..

• Stayed April 2013
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review. We appreciate our guests comments, whether they be criticism or praise, as they help us to improve over time! I would also like to thank you for bringing to my attention, the state of that particular room. I will let my maintenance department know so they can start taking care of those issues. My staff is well trained in hospitality and I am happy that you let them know of your concerns and they took care of it for you in a timely manner. We are happy that you are coming back and I would like you to know if you need anything while you are here, please do not hesitate to ask any of my staff. They work very hard to make sure all of our guests are happy and comfortable. We hope to see you soon!
West Milton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Mirror cracked on closet in room. Wood damaged on door in bathroom. Coffee service set out but not handy to plug. Laundry room on second floor and no elevator. Not enough breakfast room seating. Bed was comfortable. Everything look well-used. On the second floor near the laundry room there was a smoky smell.

Room Tip: Bottom floor OK for non-smoking but hotel not soundproofed for stomping about above you on 2nd floor...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write us a review. I am sorry that you were not happy with your accomodations. I wish you would have let us know while you were here about some of your issues, we would have been happy to try to remedy some of them. Our breakfast room can get very busy if everyone comes down to eat at the same time, I am sorry about that. We truly want everyone that stays at the Comfort Inn to leave with a good experience, but we do appreciate your comments, they help us to learn what our guests are happy or unhappy about. I hope that if you return to Clarion, you will give us another chance to change your opinion of us. We have a great staff who would go out of the way to try to make you comfortable and happy.
Kettering
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I am a Diamond level Choice Privileges regular who travels extensively for business, This Comfort Inn in Clarion PA, gets my best rating(5stars, excellent).Great staff, clean rooms,inviting whirlpool and sparkling small pool. The breakfast was very good and I just have nothing but good things to say about this place. I wish all Comfort Inn's were as nice as this.Keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
My staff and I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a review. Your nice comments and the 5 stars means a great deal to us. We try our best for all of our guests to have a wonderful experience at the Comfort Inn, and it is nice to be appreciated! If there is anything that we can do for in the future, please do not hesitate to ask. We all look forward to your next visit!

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!