“As good as Comfort Inn gets!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Clarion
Kettering
“As good as Comfort Inn gets!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I am a Diamond level Choice Privileges regular who travels extensively for business, This Comfort Inn in Clarion PA, gets my best rating(5stars, excellent).Great staff, clean rooms,inviting whirlpool and sparkling small pool. The breakfast was very good and I just have nothing but good things to say about this place. I wish all Comfort Inn's were as nice as this.Keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
My staff and I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a review. Your nice comments and the 5 stars means a great deal to us. We try our best for all of our guests to have a wonderful experience at the Comfort Inn, and it is nice to be appreciated! If there is anything that we can do for in the future, please do not hesitate to ask. We all look forward to your next visit!

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel would have gotten four or five stars from me. The staff is nice, the room seemed very clean, no strange smells and the breakfast was slightly above average. However, when we went to bed, there was a ton of hair and lint and who knows what else built up between the blanket and the coverlet. Gross! I know they don't wash the top covers of a bed every time, but this was disgusting. My husband and I were so grossed out that we only used the sheets and were cold all night. The other pleasant aspects of the hotel keep it from getting two stars.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I would like to thank you for the nice compliment on my staff, they do a great job and really care that our guests are happy and comfortable.I am sorry that your blankets were not up to our standards, I intend on speaking to my executive housekeeper so that she can address this issue with her housekeepers. I wish you would have let my front desk staff know, they would have been happy to change the bedding for you. We would not want any of our guests to be cold all night long nor leave with a negative impression of our hotel. I do hope that you return again and let us gain your confidence back, as you stated, we have a nice hotel and wonderful breakfast. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and if you return, please do not hesitate to let us know of anything you need. My staff is very well trained in hospitality and would go the extra mile to make you comfortable.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Recently stayed. Needed a place to stay while visiting family and needed good reliable internet so we could still do daughter's virtual academy school work. This hotel has it all. Friendly workers, the decor is bright and cheery. Everything was perfect. When you arrive to your room you are greeted to nice soft comfy beds complete with four very soft plump pillows. The rooms are very clean and the non smoking room we stayed in did not smell like mold, smoke or chlorine smell. The housekeeping staff does an excellent job. Our room had a fridge and microwave and was quite large with two queen beds. There is also guest access to a washing machine and dryer for 1.25 each for wash and dry. Our floor had one and there is only one machine but it was great for us. You do need to have your own laundry soap which was not a problem since walmart is very close.The only draw back in our room was the curtains did not close the entire way so others could see in if they really wanted to but it is a small space for them to see into. Not a big deal for us. Breakfast is awesome with make your own waffles (cinnamon or reg complete with strawberry topping whip cream, cereal, yogurt, fruit, eggs and sausage, three kinds of juice apple cranberry oj Also some danish, bagels and english muffins and regular muffins, Fruit is also provided as is coffee and tea. Area is kind of small with tables but with breakfast times from 6 am to 09:30 am and plenty of food this should not be a problem. There are also a few different high chairs to accommodate babies an toddlers. . Pool is smaller but very nice and clean. All in all the best hotel I have stayed in. They have thought of everything to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Great Job Comfort Inn. P.S If staying more than one night and arriving late please double check to make sure your card is activated for more than one night we had a problem with that but it was not a big deal and was quickly resolved. :-)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! It is so nice to hear that we are the best hotel you have ever stayed in! Wow! That tells me that my staff is doing a great job! It means so much to them to read the reviews and feel proud that we are making our guests feel so welcome and comfortable! Thats why we are here! If there is anything that we can do on your next visit, please do not hesitate to ask. I apologize that your curtains didn't close the whole way, let us know if you have any issues, big or small. My staff is very well trained in hospitality and will do everything in their power to make you happy and comfortable. Take care and we hope to see you at the Clarion Comfort Inn in the future!
Franklin, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here before. Had points for a free night. Decided to go to our sports function the night before and let the kids enjoy the pool for the evening. My husband drove to get food from a couple of the local restaurants that were close while the kids and I stayed at the pool. The front desk let us sit in the dining room instead of us having to take it back to the room or sit in the lounge to eat (since it was very cold outside and the lounge was beside the door). The pool was very warm and that was nice because of the cold weather. The next morning the kids used the pool again after breakfast because the hrs were very accomodating for any travel schedule. The breakfast had a good variety. Everyone was happy and full! The dining hall was very clean and well stocked. The room was a double bed and had plenty of room. It too was well cleaned. Nice staff all the way around. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: 1st floor on the same side of the dining room is quiet and near a door to get your luggage in. Also...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Clarion Comfort Inn! I am pleased that you and your children took advantage of our heated swimming pool. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town! If we can do anything for you during your next visit, please let us know. My staff is well trained in hospitality and would be happy to do anything to make your stay happy and comfortable! Have a great day!
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We made a great choice booking here. It had very clean rooms, staff was friendly and informative, and the breakfast had such a large variety of foods both hot & cold. Will be definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review on our hotel! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Clarion Comfort Inn. My staff works hard to make sure all of our guests are happy with their accomodations and comfortable. When we accomplish that, we have all done our job! We look forward to welcoming you back. If you need anything while staying with us, please don't hesitate to let us know. Have a great day!
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

A real gem in Clarion, PA. We had a nice room, a pleasant dip in their small pool (water a bit like a sauna but welcome on this winter evening) and a really great breakfast in the morning... one of the best we've had: super variety and extra nice breakfast staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write us such a nice review! I am happy that you took advantage of our heated swimming pool and complimentary breakfast! My team loves to read the reviews, it helps to motivate them to make sure every guest has a great experience while staying here at the Clarion Comfort Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town. If there is anything that myself or my staff can do to make your stay even more comfortable, please don't hesitate to ask! Have a great day!
Lancaster Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I highly recommend this property. We stayed here for a long weekend, and we loved it. Located close to several restaurants, the room was large clean and very comfortable. Pool was a little small, certainly not a show stopper.Nice breakfast. Everyone was very friendly. I will always stay here when I am in the area. Very reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I would like to thank you for your nice comments about our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay! Our team at the Comfort Inn in Clarion strives to make each guest experience a wonderful one!When we accomplish that goal, we've done our job! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your experience with trip advisor. If I can do anything for you during your next visit, please don't hesitate to let me know. Have a great Spring! Karen

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!