“Clean, comfortable and quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Clarion

You added Holiday Inn Clarion to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Clarion
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Holiday Inn Road, I-80 at Rt. 68, Exit 62, Clarion, PA 16214   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Clarion
Southampton
“Clean, comfortable and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Despite having read negative comments, the choice to sleep at this Holiday Inn was a very good one. The hallways are aged but not smelly. Place very clean. No smell of smoke anywhere. Very quiet renovated room and comfortably firm and generous beds. Kleenex tissues were very low quality, more like bagel wrap. Bargain price: 5000 Priority Club points.

• Stayed May 2013
ClarionHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clarion, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us here in Clarion PA. We have recently made all rooms on the first floor non smoking and continue to have very few smoking rooms left on the second floor. It sounds like you had a good night sleep staying in our quit rooms and sleeping on one of our comfortable beds. We look forward to having you stay with us again during your next travels to the Clarion area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Gurnee, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here with my kids on our way to CT in March in room 207. We got in late and tired and as soon as we walked in to the room we all smelled smoke. Just an old, dingy, smoky smell. Well, I figured the hotel was just old and all the rooms probably smelled similar so I didn't think it was worth requesting a room change. All night long, though, I was kept awake by the smoke, which seemed to be getting more and more intense. I was so miserable. I was starting to get sick with a cold before we got there and sleeping in that room just exacerbated the symptoms so that by the morning i had NO voice. No one should have to sleep in a smoky room like that. If you're not a smoker, and if you're traveling with kids, it's just about the worst thing a hotel can offer you. I mentioned it to the front desk woman, who of course said "I'll have someone look into it....I'm sorry for the inconvenience, etc." but I myself vowed never to stay at that hotel again. The staff was pleasant and the breakfast was nice, and it's super-convenient, right off the tollway. And of course the kids loved the pool. If you're a smoker this would be a great option for you;)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Clarion, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Christina S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are delighted you found our staff and the breakfast served during your stay commendable. Please accept our sincere apology for the unusual conditions of the room you received. We have documented your valuable comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This property has seen better days. A colleague and I spent three nights while in Clarion on business. The bathroom was small and cramped. The primary decorating theme was caulk. The room had a cabinet meant to house a micowave and a fridge, but only the microwave was installed. On top of that, the cabinet partially blocked the view of the TV from the armchair, neither of which could be moved to any advantage. Breakfast was filling but pricey. There appear to be better choices in the immediate vacinity.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ClarionHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clarion, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I want to thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in Clarion. I apologize for the inconveinance of the mic and fridge cabinet being in the line of sight of the TV. We have since corrected this problem. Although not all rooms have a refridgerator in them we are currently installing them in all of our first floor rooms along with all of our King rooms. Our hotel is indeed an older hotel but we pride ourselves on our great customer service and are very proud of our serice scores through the Holiday Inn system. I hope you have the chance to stay with us again and see some of our new updates that will go along with the service culture that we pride ourselves on.
Asgard
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

One of the best hotels I have stayed at! Pool, courtyard, everything! The rooms were clean, and the showers were very easy to figure out how to work (one of my pet peeves.) Plus there is a taco bell across the street! Thor is pleased with holiday's inn!

• Stayed February 2013
ClarionHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clarion, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for the great compiment comparing our hotel to Valhalla. That was very kind of you. Our indorr courtyard with pool and numerous activities are enjoyed by many of our guests and I am glad you took advatage of them. Let us know the next time you will be in our area and we will be sure to have Taco Bell waiting for you.
Romeo, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on Groundhog day weekend in 2013. This was the closest place we could find to Punsutawney, which is still more than 30-40 minutes away. But the hotel is very conveniently placed by the highway exit, so it's easy on, easy off.

The hotel setup was not what we had expected, but it's not bad. The huge covered courtyard in the center of the hotel is surrounded by rooms. Each room facing the courtyard has an balcony overlooking the pool and recreation area (putting lane, ping pong table, etc...). This setup is great for family vacation with kids. In our case, we didn't use any of it (didn't have time since we spent most of our time in Punxsutawney), but it was actually nice to be in that kind of room rather than one on the parking lot side, because once all the kids were in bed, it was very quiet.

There are multiple entrances all around the hotel structure, and remembering where you might have parked your car was a challenge... Breakfast was good, a little pricey, but we were given coupons for discount.

Would stay there again.

Oh, and if you ever have a chance to go to Punxsutawney for Groundhog Day, do it, it's fun. But cold, and you have to be there around 3-4am if you want a good spot to see Phil!!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the indoor courtyard are very quiet at night (once the pool is closed) and I would thin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are always happy to host numerous guests who travel to Punxsutawney each year for Groundhog Day. Although you were not able to use our indoor courtyard facilities, hopefully during your next stay you will enjoy them as do the many families who stay with us throughout the year. I am also glad you took advantage of our great location directly off of Interstate 80 as many of our guests also like this conveinance. Once again, thanks for the kind words relating to your stay with us.
Whitehouse, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

While on our way to the Philadelphia area from northwest Ohio, Clarion ended up being the halfway mark. The hotel is easy to find just off I80 and perfectly located among all the retail needs you might have. The rooms seem to be newly renovated. They were fresh and clean. The kids forgot their toothbrushes. The front desk had two complimentary brushes and paste sent up quicker than I expected. This might just become a regular stop for us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am pleased to hear your stay was to your satisfaction in many different areas. We have numerous guests stay with on their way to and from the Philadelphia and New York City area whom are headed west as we are half way to various cities in the midwest. Although not in large number of stores we do offer all conveinances within walking distance of the hotel. I hope you will have the chance to join us again on your next trip as you travel through our area.
Garnerville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

A severe winter storm prevented us from completing our travel across PA. We (family of 5 and dog) decided to seek refuge at the Holiday Inn. The staff was welcoming, the room was clean and spacious. I would not hesitate to stay her again. We even received a discounted rate for travelers affected by the storm. Unfortunately, the restaurant was not fully staffed and the menu was limited and the wait time was to be 2 hours, so we had to leave the hotel to go to another restaurant across the road.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ClarionHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clarion, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. The winter storm caused many travelers to stay with us during the Christmas week in December and I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconveinance of our restaurant being without proper staffing during your stay. Unfortunately the weather caused our employees to not be able to make it to the hotel and two different occassions and this is an isolated instance. I assure you the next time in you are in our area the hotel will be again very accommodating and the restaurant will be capapble of serving all guests in a timely manner.

Been to Holiday Inn Clarion? Share your experiences!