“Better Than Rated” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Clairton

You added Econo Lodge Clairton to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Clairton
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1303 Clairton Blvd, Clairton, PA 15025 (Formerly Starlite Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clairton
�G|Ϗϩ��^��
“Better Than Rated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Was unsure about booking this property based on the one star rating I saw online. Was pleasantly surprised. Staff was friendly and accommodating, the room clean and comfortable, and a continental breakfast with waffles was available. While the location may be a bit off the beaten path, its very convenient for cycling the rail trails around Pittsburgh on a budget (1.5 miles from the Montour Trail). There's a good rib restaurant next door as well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here for one night while traveling.
WiFi works well and the room was reasonably clean.
Obviously this is a budget place, so don't expect much.
For the price it was a great value.
Staff was very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Manny P, Manager at Econo Lodge Clairton, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the EconoLodge. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Hamilton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

A friendly smile and a nice conversation as I checked in. Room is clean and spacious, floors are clean but older carpet, bathroom is very clean and big, soap, clean towels and very well lit. Heater/air-conditioning unit works well, pumps out the heat on a cold october night! No flat screen, its an older model tv but it works well. You hear a lil traffic (not much) from the road but not much if the tv is on. NO pets allowed. Breakfast is not a lot to choose from, coffee and cereal are available in the office in the morning. There is a pizza place and Elliotts Backstreet BBQ (highly recommended) near by in walking distance. Close to major highways, last but not least its quiet as well as affordable on a small budget. If i pass through Jefferson Hill PA again i will stay again. TUD

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

York, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Clairton for her high school reunion recently. This was the closest hotel to town - only a very short drive to the reunion location. As with most hotels, it had its pros and cons. Our room was large, very nice, and very clean. The bathroom was also very clean. The staff is pleasant and friendly. The room was equipped with a king size bed, a mini-refrigerator and a microwave. The room lighting could be brighter - as is the case with many hotels these days, the room was equipped with those silly "energy saving" bulbs that produce very little light (I am seriously considering carrying my own standard light bulbs when I travel). My wife found the pillows to be too hard and the bed to be uncomfortable, although everything seemed OK to me. The included breakfast could use some upgrading from coffee, juice, and danish. The location of the hotel is right on a main highway (you couldn't get any closer to the highway) and there was a fair amount of traffic noise. Overall, though, it was a good and pleasant stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone passing through Clairton and needing a room for the night.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the end of the hotel that is farthest from the highway. That should reduce the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We have Changed the ligheting in the rooms to provide more light. Also we have started offering Hot Waffles in the morning with our Great Breakfast.

Grand Haven, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

In general I'm not a big fan of Econo Lodge but this place surprised me with how clean and comfortable it was. It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do for a place and that's what it had: freshly painted bright cheery clean rooms.

I stayed here for 4 nights. I had a room with a queen bed and it was quite comfortable. There was a nice big LCD TV with lots of channels. The wifi was spotty however. Signal dropped intermittently and was sluggish when it worked at all.

The location isn't bad. If you drive north a couple miles on Hwy 51 you'll find a Quaker Steak and Lube which is a great place for wings. There's a BBQ place called Elliot's Backstreet BBQ within walking distance of the hotel and I highly recommend the St. Louis ribs.

The drawbacks? There was no iron in the room. I travel for my job and don't like going to work looking like a rumpled mess. The door to the room opens directly to the parking lot so it was a bit noisy at times. You can hear people shutting car doors, diesel trucks etc. Perhaps a second floor room would be quieter. Also the hotel is situated right on Hwy 5 and access is a little weird. If you're coming from the north you can turn left into the parking lot but only the lot on the south side of the building... So if your room is on the north side you have to pull out of the south lot onto the highway to get to the north lot. And oddly it seemed that both lots are good 4 inches or so above the highway so it feels like you're driving over a curb every time you pull in.

And the price? Well my company pays for my stays but if I had been paying 76.50 for this place out of my own pocket I'd feel ripped off by about 25 bucks. But for whatever reason all hotels in a 15 mile radius seemed ridiculously priced. Perhaps because there are so few choices they feel they can command their price. Anyway, I've stayed at much nicer places for 76 a night. But overall I'd recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times and every time we are pleased with the personnel at the front desk and also how clean we find the room. The beds are comfortable and the showers always have hot water. The lighting in the bathroom could be brighter. The breakfast needs a better menu and coffee. I like the location because numerous resturants and stores are easily accessible.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

EconoLodge – Jefferson Hills

Been to Econo Lodge Clairton? Share your experiences!