“The BEST you will find - GREAT STAFF!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 Providence Road, Chester, PA 19013   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chester
Nor Cal
“The BEST you will find - GREAT STAFF!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

The cleanest hotel ever! Everything is brand new and with great little details in every room. The staff was was more than helpful. We got lost and checked in late, desk clerk told us not to worry about the check-out time, and take how ever much time we needed.This is a great hotel that I will be staying in again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Norfolk, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

I cannot believe the reviewer who gave this hotel a negative rating based upon the surrounding location. First, the surrounding location has nothing to do with the hotel facility itself or the staff; second, the surrounding area was not bad! Chester is no Anaheim, CA, but it is a quaint and VERY quiet town. We did not feel unsafe, ever, even when we walked to the adjacent 7-11 at 11:00 p.m. Also, to address another criticism, the water was always hot, everytime we took a shower. Minutes after our check-in I took a shower, and it took about thirty seconds from the time I turned on the faucet to get the water hot. The bathrooms in the rooms are very large and beautiful, and the showers are perfect. The room was beautiful, looked and smelled clean, and was better than any hotel room I've ever stayed in. The bedding was clean and soft, the bed was comfortable, the room was cozy and quiet, and I have no complaints about the TV or internet. We also enjoyed the free breakfast, which was delicious and well-stocked. Overall, the best part of our stay was our interaction with the staff. All of the staff members were friendly and welcoming, but one staff member in particular, Jeff, went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. He gave me extra towels, shampoo, snacks, and he even extended our check-out time significantly without charging us! He also offered to give us a ride at 10:30 p.m. if we needed it (though we did not), he was very knowledgable about the surrounding area, and he was always smiling (even though he had been at the hotel on a 21 hour shift by the time we checked out!) I REALLY cannot believe that this hotel is considered a 2 star establishment, because this is more impressive than some of the three and four star hotels we've been to. The room and bathroom were better than the room we just stayed in on a 7 day cruise!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

The Best Western Widener is brand new, everything was perfect, shuttle to the Airport on time and the staff was more accommodating than some 5 star hotels I've stayed in. Great location for PHL Airport, not too far from downtown Philadelphia....
will be back.....

• Liked — free shuttle, free highspeed internet, great staff
  • Disliked — Brand new hotel nothing to dislike......
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

The neighborhood surrounding this hotel is unfortunately unsafe. Adjacent buildings next to our hotel showed signs of a bullet hole that shattered the window. Our family had to awake at 2:30AM to catch a early flight and suprisingly enough, POW POW POW. Literally gunfire outside. My husband and I couldnt believe what we were hearing. All we wanted was to get home to California. The last night also brought into our hallway alot of people that looked like gang bangers. The staff was not to blame, but the Best Western Company should have looked into this area. The staff was absolutely exceptional. Nick especially took care of our every need. Snacks and water, cofffee or just going over and beyond to make our stay as pleasant as possible. They even accomadated our military son after arriving from a RED EYE FLIGHT. They put him immediately into a room so he could sleep. Best WEstern should also have their hotels ready for visiters as we were told there would be a swimming pool/jacuzzi availabe, but there was not. They said the contract with the University to use their pool had not been established yet. Also, I was told to turn the shower on and run it for 20 minutes before I could get hot water to my room. That is a NO NO!! Quite upseting when you arrive from the airport and look forward to a nice hot shower before bed.Anyways. its too bad that such a nice establishment chose to build in Chester......By the way, on the flight home, I had sat with locals from the Philidelphia area, and they too said Chester was a dangerous area and to not stay there. l!!!!

Stayed January 2009
Taneytown, Md.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

This is a brand new Best Western property and is absolutely beautiful. The rooms are very spacious and have all the necessary amenities a business person could want, including complimentary shuttle service to Philadelphia International Airport. Staff is very courteous and helpful. Great breakfast, too.

• Liked — Friendly Staff & Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

My stay at the Best Western Widener Hotel was absolutely fantastic. The staff was terrific and they went out of their way to accommodate me in every way they could. When my flight out of Philadelphia was canceled they sent a shuttle over to the airport to pick me up and did so promptly despite the short notice. The housekeepers personally asked me whether there was anything extra I needed or would like to have done to my room and made every effort to make sure I was comfortable. I was recommended a local restaurant for dinner and as I didn't have a car was even given a ride to the restaurant in the personal car of one of the managers. When I was finished at the restaurant I simply called the hotel and someone came to pick me up. In addition to the staff being great the accommodation was too. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. All in all everyone was very friendly and really made me feel at home. I could not have asked for a better experience.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — The area around the hotel
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University

Address: 1450 Providence Road, Chester, PA 19013
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Chester
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chester
Hotel Class:2.5 star — BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University 2.5*
The Best Western Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University is the perfect hotel for your visit to Philadelphia and its suburbs. The hotel is located just minutes from Philadelphia International Airport, providing 24-hour Airport shuttle service. We are also located across from the campus of Widener University, and just minutes from Swarthmore College. Only 1 mile from Harrah's Casino and the closest hotel to PPL Park (Home of Major League Soccer's Philadelphia Union). The hotel provides complimentary 24-hour shuttle service, continental breakfast, free parking, free high speed wireless and wired internet access, daily newspapers and much more. Also featuring fitness and business centers. Stay at the newest, greenest, and most friendly Best Western hotel in the Philadelphia area! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Philadelphia Airport South At Widener University Hotel Chester
Best Western Chester

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.