“Great value - decent skiing - manage the service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seven Springs Mountain Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Champion
Seven Springs Mountain Resort
777 Waterwheel Drive, Champion, PA 15622   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Champion
Hudson, Ohio
“Great value - decent skiing - manage the service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Just completed 2 night mini ski vacation with my son and overall very pleased. Check in was fast and friendly, was offered room upgrade and free breakfast certificates. Ski passes were included in the rate and were also given to us at check in. Our room was fine with a slope side view and was clean with the amenities you would expect. Note, if I return I would not have a slope side room as the noise from the snow cat's back up alarm (beep beep beep) at 5:00 AM woke me up!
We found the food to be okay for simple bar food...burgers, wings, nachos etc. Breakfast was also good with an extensive buffet although a lot of the food trays were empty. I see this as more of an issue with people who eat like cattle at a "free" obuffet than the management. Improvement is needed with the service and my observation that most of the bartenders, waitresses etc. seem frazzled. If you take the initiative to manage your own service, in a nice way, buy being very clear you need assistance you will get good service. If you do not you will wait and fume. My recommendation to management is to hire more help and teach your staff how to engage customers.
Overall I was please with my stay and the value, my son enjoyed himself and we will return just not on any holiday dates.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
La Plata, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was my first visit to this popular resort. They had about 14 inches of snow, it was packed. We booked the New Years Pkg. The resort has so much to offer and an awesome spa. I think the only negative is that the food is really less than appealing. It's "amusement park" food quality. If you are staying a day or a few days, that gets old. We had to leave the resort and go into town to find somewhere to eat. Love the snowmobile rentals, so worth it!

Room Tip: Nothing on the 4th floor near the food areas, otherwise you will have constant traffic in the hall o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Be warned, this is is gross and disgusting. But it is such a health hazard that I feel it must be posted here. This incident occured in the late afternoon at the indoor pool on the Sunday before New Year's Day.

Let me preface this review by acknowledging that I have posted prior reviews of Seven Springs in which I have expressed disappointment in the current level of poor service and overpriced, bad food I have encountered since the resort changed owners several years ago. So, basically, I just don't go there much anymore. BUT since both children and grandchildren are avid skiers, and Seven Springs has the best hills in the area, sometimes I still find myself there.

On this day I accompanied a daughter and her small child to the indoor pool at the Seven Springs Resort. This was to meet up with friends of hers so the children could swim together. My job was to sit at poolside and act as "another set of eyes" to the moms. The pool had plenty of kids, moms, and a few dads frolicking happily in the water. As I sat there, I noticed a steady procession of moms with a kid in tow leaving the pool and proceeding out of the enlosed pool area to the hallway. "Ah hah," I thought. "The moms are taking the kids to the restroom to pee. Good to teach them pool etiquette early."

Just then my daugher emerged from the pool with my grandson. Being a health care professional (and an astute mother) she stopped at a chair next to me where she and my granson slipped into open-backed vinyl clogs. She then headed out the doorway in the direction of the women's restroom.

My daughter returned to the pool area within a short time with a look on her face that told me something was very, very wrong. I watched her make a beeline over to speak with the Lifeguard on duty. It turned out that what she was telling him is that the sewer was backed up in the ladies room and there was raw sewage water with toilet paper floating in it coming up out of a floor drain in the ladies room. And that it was in such a location that she witnessed children in bare feet walking through it.

Guess what she was told by the Lifeguard? "Oh, yeah. We know."

Dear Daughter, not being one to be put off, requested that a Supervisor be immediately summoned to the area. When the "Supervisor" arrived on scene he stated that he "was aware of the problem" and that he had "called for maintenance" which "would probably take several hours until someone would come". Daughter suggested that this ladies room be immediately closed until the sewer problem was repaired and the floor sanitized. The "Supervisor" absolutely refused to do this - despite being informed of the danger of the spread of e. coli bacteria from the ladies room floor to the pool.

Neither the Lifeguard nor the "Supervisor" seemed to have any concern whatsoever that a serious violation of every known Health Law was taking place. Both seemed to be defensive in attitude and exhibited a "lady, you are being a pain-in-the-butt" attitude. The ladies room, with sewage water all over the floor would remain OPEN, per the "Supervisor".

At that point, of course, we left the Seven Springs indoor swimming pool....... Forever.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear guest,

We apologize for causing concern to you and your family as you were enjoying our indoor pool area. This specific instance was actually a build up of water caused by the accessible shower stall not being properly shut off. When this was brought to the attention of a staff member, much excess water was left in the busy restroom area. As we progress through our winter season, we will be more mindful of our bathrooms’ continuous need for upkeep, at our four-season family Resort.

Very sincerely,
Karen

Karen Gray
Hotel Front Office Manager
Seven Springs Mountain Resort
814-352-7777 ext. 7575

Travelers are raving about these Champion hotels

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The Buffet was $35.00 a person, which to me is worth it if there is good food, this was not worth it at all! The best food of all the buffet was the salad and ham. The steamship beef carved looked like a giant dried out leg of beef, the au jus soaked it right up and this meat was so grissley and dried out you couldn't eat it. There was rolled turkey? with stuffing that had no taste at all! Broccoli, scallops, shrimp, all so dried out and flavorless it got thrown away. The scallops & shrimp were soaking in some kind of lemon water, terrible! Desserts were cold slices of pie with too much crust. Waitress was sub standard. This resort needs a new chef.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed at the hotel this weekend for our anniversary. It was wonderful. Our room was beautiful, the staff was great. We stayed in a king room facing the slopes, great view. We had a fabulous dinner at Helen's (it deserved it's own post). We will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Autumnfest is the best time of the year to come to this resort. It is every weekend in October. It is great for little children. There is so much to do here from riding rides, painting clay statutes, fun activities, petting exotic animals, live music, indoor swimming, large arcade room, bowling, and mini-golf. There is so much to do and is fun for the whole family. I wouldn't necessarily suggest Autumnfest for couples, but if you are looking for a quick weekend escape, it does just the trick.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We are here with family for Thanksgiving weekend. Brought the dog...please it's a mine field outside our door. Will someone PLEASE clean up all the dog poop? Gross!
Next dinner...called for reservations and confirmed. Of course we weren't on the list. Very rude older man at entrance to buffet muttering they're busy. Who was he? Were there at 4pm. Nasty employee. Had to sit in bar and wait for table and was squeezed up against a timber when we finally were seated. Guess where the family is now at 11pm? Sick as dogs. Oh the stuffing was disgusting and the veggies with the fake smoke flavor. None of us know what did us in. Dirty dishes on buffet tables. What happened? Was good last year.
Checking in was another shocker. Gave 50% deposit when made reservation. Now when checking in wanted to be paid in full for room. You had credit card details. Who pays 100% before seeing the room? Now it's Thanksgiving night, sick, nothing open but disgusting pizza shop. We have 2 nights to go...long black hair on bathroom wall and on inside of bedspread. Want to go home but we'll make the best of it because we paid in full!!!! We're still here if anyone cares.

Room Tip: Don't bring the dog. Piles and piles of dog feces outside. Muddy too. Room depressing and dark...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Seven Springs Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!