“Never again!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mountain Pines Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Champion
Mountain Pines Campground
You added Mountain Pines Campground to your Saves list
1662 Indian Creek Valley Rd, Champion, PA 15622   |
“Never again!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

First this isn't really a campground for weekend campers the whole park as large as it is has been filled with permanent trailers and rv's. I reserved a golf cart for the weekend only to find out that they did hold one and they were out of them. I ended up with a loaner from one of the full time campers. The picnic table about collapsed when I sat on it and when the replaced it the one we got the top was partially rotted. They may have the largest pool but it needs fixed there are pieces of concrete in the bottom which don't feel very good when you step on them. I am embarrassed for them for even mentioned they have a mini-golf course. Most of the carpet is folded up and loose or so molded its black. The wooden fixture on the holes have mostly rotted apart and the concrete is breaking apart. Do yourselves a favor and go somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We started out here as weekenders & decided to make it permanent! Everyone is so friendly & there is so much to do that my oldest child (20) still cannot wait to go every year. From the carnival to the bands to all of the crafts & games for kids, it's a great place for the whole family!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I read the other reviews and I just want to say Mt. Pines is not perfect. NO campground is. But I will tell you this. It will be our 7th year as a permanent camper. We looked around and Mt. Pines has the most to offer. My children now 10 & 16 ABSOLUTLY LOVE it here! It's March 30th and they can't wait for the season and it won't be long. :) The new Manager Forest has mad great changes and is continuing to improve things. Yes they have a band a few hours on Sat. nights usually. But MOST of the people enjoy it and it's just a few hours. The out door pool is like no other HUGE <3 it! Indoor pull is great also. Many activities for all ages. I have such faith in the Mt. Pines Team that we sold our old camper and puchased a parkmodel in the park. All most all the campers are very nice permanent or transit. looking forwadr to seeing you this summer. Come check our campground out!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New Brighton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We stayed here for a long weekend in July 2011, The park is 99% full time or permanent sites. Not a "campground" by any sense of the word. The weekend we stayed there it was very busy, but only one "resident" even said hello. We went for a walk to look around, and had to have our heads on a swivel as to not get run over by a golf cart. Also not very friendly to "weekenders". The site we were originally assigned to did not have 30 amp hook ups, just 20 amp. So they moved us to another site with full hook ups, but there was broken glass all over the ground. So shoes had to be worn outside of the RV. The outside pool is HUGE, and has a nice gradual slope to wade into the water, but there were so many people in it the weekend we stayed that it still felt crowded. The indoor pool is nice. Now 4 months later I'm still getting "spam" phone calls on my cell phone from them to come and stay again. Not going to get any more of my money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Champion hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here July 22, 2011. We chose this campground because we wanted to go to Idelwild Park. The ONLY good thing about this campground is that it is only about 20minutes from the park.
We checked in late on Friday night. Security escorted us to our site. I had requested a site with shade and this site did have shade...although I think the trees should probably be trimmed a little. The leaves got caught in our awning when we packed up. There was a baby pool and a metal yard deer on our site that must have belonged to the camper next to our site. The guy who escorted us to our site told us to just park beside it....I had to move the items. As we were setting up, the state police showed up with really big guns and a loud speaker saying "Percy come out with your hands up!" The guy in the permanant trailer behind us was being arrested!!! This is when I started calling other campgrounds. Unfortunantly it was too late at night and no one was answering. This was a little scary when I have 3 young children camping with me. Then at 6:am they guy was outside arguing with his wife. I guess they didn't keep him in jail very long. Security showed up and threw them both out.
We ended up staying and going to Idelwild the next day. We got back to the campground around 9:30pm and there was a very loud band playing. I had read on the sign that the band was going to play until 11:30 but they didn't stop until closer to midnight. The other campers must have enjoyed it a little too much because they continued to party until late into the night. They even had a water fight with their hoses from their sites...
On the day that we were checking out I decided to take the kids to the pool. It was very, very dirty. I let the kids stay for 30minutes and then took them back to the camper to shower them. That's how gross it was.
This campground is probably 95% permanant sites. The neighbors that I spoke with were very nice and apologized for the state police showing up.
I will NEVER go back to this campground again!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

We have been here three years in a row. We always come the first week of Steelers training camp. The place is clean with so many amnemities. The pools are awesome. The staff is helpful and friendly. The permanent campers are also very friendly. There are always a tons of activities for kids. Free putt-putt, tennis basketball, and Indoor movie theatre. The crafts cost $ but are fairly priced. They have adult bingo which is a big draw. They also had a night where yhey catered a dinner that was low priced and Delicious. The sites are spacious. There is a great rail trail just on the other side of the creek that we love to ride our bikes on. This campground has it all. If it weren't 3 hours from our house we would be Permanents there. Only negative is it is a little noisy by the dumpsters and water treatment.

• Stayed July 2010
Cleveland , Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Interesting review chichi. We had a similar experience there this weekend. In February I booked a site down by the creek under the trees and I even called earlier this week to confirm. They asked again what size rig I had and again I told them I was towing a 31ft trailer and again I was told ok, no problem. When we arrived the very nice lady at the gate said that there was no way that our trailer would ever fit in that spot. Instead we were located to the upper wet lands where I had to re-level no less than 3 times due to us sinking into the wet ground. A little grading and stone work would help solve a lot of there issues. In addition to our site problem the outdoor pool was closed. That is a big issue on memorial day when it is approaching 90 degrees outside. One other issue was we lost all water pressure for sometime on Sunday. The seasonals told us that that happens often there on busy weekend.
With all the negatives I listed we still had a great time because of all the wonderful people there that call this place "home". I would have liked a nicer spot and maybe a tree, I would have liked my promised site, I would have liked a outside pool......... BUT, It was still a fabulas weekend. The fireworks were awesome and the activity director was great with the kids.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Mountain Pines Campground? Share your experiences!