“satisfaction with facility” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 hotels in Chambersburg
Murfreesboro, North Carolina
“satisfaction with facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

i have been staying at the travelodge in chambersburg for over 5 years and i am there for 3 nights twice a year and for 5 nights once a year..the management has went out of the way to make you feel at home and the facilities are neat and clean..no matter what price you pay this is the best hotel for the money and offers a super breakfast included....

Room Tip: i've been on the front as well as inside the courtyard...it is all well..front is a nice view bu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manish P, Manager at Travelodge Chambersburg, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Ron,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Again, thank you for completing your review on Trip Advisor and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 7172644187.

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Hamilton, ONtario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was the least expensive one-night stay I could locate (through Trip Advisor) for Chambersburg or the surrounding area, and the $60/room was good value. Very clean room, good parking lot, friendly check-in. Frankly, I was worried because at check-in, the office had a very strong curry scent, but the the room itself was great. It is right off the main road on the highway and felt safe.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New London, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My sense of smell and I always have trepidation before entering any hotel room, and especially at a low price place. It was amazingly clean for the price. In fact I have often paid three times that price, but I can't say any other room was cleaner. The outside was also spotless, and the off street courtyard parking felt protected and safe. The location was convenient to the center of town and the highway.We used the table and chairs in the room for work. Great locally owned restaurants were within blocks. The free breakfast was right there at a friendly place where you could buy a bigger meal if you wanted.

Room Tip: Back side rooms are plenty quiet and get East sun.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

As long as it is CLEAN, I have no bad things to say. The only problem I had was the owner kept asking me if I smoked. I told him no but he kept asking me. If I did don't you think I would ask for a smoking room. DUH

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Meade, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I am leary about staying in Travelodges and Roadway Inn's.. normally nothing good comes of it and you are scared to walk without shoes on in your room. We were in a pinch and needed a place to stay overnight and didn't want to spend a bunch of money, with trepidation we accept a suggestion from a local friend to stay at the Travelodge. It looks like a typical run down, seedy motel from the outside... the office is small and after hours all transactions are conducted through a bulletproof slide drawer (we were still waited on inside the office at 10 PM). We got a single queen bed room for $60, the elevator is outside and old but working. I did not have a good feeling walking to my room, when we opened the door I was expecting the standard nasty smell that comes with these types of hotels normally. Much to my surprise the room smelled just fine and was clean, there was a table for eating and a tv on a chest of drawers. There is also a door to a semi-private balcony that overlooks LIncoln Way East. The heat worked just fine, we were neither too hot nor too cold in our room. Overall it was pretty decent for the price and look, when you check in you get a coupon for a complimentary breakfast for the resteraunt next door as well. The resteraunt looked very nice but we never got to redeem our coupon, we were so tired from the day before that we slept past the 9 o'clock cut off time. I was pleasently surprised by the quality of the room, would I plan to use this hotel for a romantic getaway?? No I wouldn't, but for it's most basic use (sleeping) it is perfectly acceptable and a very good price. I would probably stay here again if I was looking for a no frills place. My only real complaint, the next morning when it was time to check out... I went into the office and there was an overwhelmingly strong smell of curry. It was enough to make me gag and my clothing smelled like it for the rest of the day even though I was only in the lobby for 2 minutes. Be warned if you have a weak stomach!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Chambersburg? Share your experiences!