“Plesant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 hotels in Chambersburg
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Plesant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Room was a little small- no bath tub. Room was clean and had a little new paint smell so it must have had some recent updating. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I had my dog and they were very "dog friendly". Free breakfast was good, a choice of 4 menu selections, not a buffet. Room was quiet and a good value. I left for dinner and came back 3 hours later and saw the door cracked open. Evidently I did not close it tightly when I left. Nothing was touched in the room and I was on the ground floor where anyone could see the partly open door.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pittsford, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Excellent attention, Room very clean, excellent location, excellent food.
For those who have plant to go to Gettysburg, take a good rest at this hotel, next morning a good breakfast and then... take a few minutes to get Gettysburg.

Room Tip: Excellent attention, food and clean rooms. Don't pay too much in other places.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Scotia, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had stayed at this motel about seven years ago and it was acceptable, so based on others' reviews, I decided to try it again. I must say my room was great. It had been completely renovated, with all new furniture, bath fixtures plus new heating and air conditioning, very impressive. I could see my excellent review as I looked at the room. Then I tried to sleep in my very comfy bed but it was not to be. The room I had on the front of the building had a balcony overlooking the road, with of course a door to the balcony. Even though the room had been redone, the door (I'm sure it was original) did not block sound from the road. Since this is a heavily-traveled highway, the noise of motorcycles, hot rods and trucks came right through the door as if it weren't there. I don't know how many times I was startled awake by a sudden blast of sound.

Another thing that I hadn't seen in many years is a shower stall. It too was renovated, but did not have a tub, It was fine for me, but I don't know if parents could let their children shower without a tub.

The parking area was in the back and was not very well lit. Moreover, it opened at the rear onto an alley, making me wonder about the safety, especially since this is in an older section of town.

The breakfast at Peggy's next door was a real breakfast served by waitpersons. It was good.

Room Tip: Be sure your room is NOT next to the road and find out if it has a tub or just a shower.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Travelodge Chambersburg? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Chambersburg

Address: 565 Lincoln Way East, Chambersburg, PA 17201
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Chambersburg
#4 Business Hotel in Chambersburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Chambersburg 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Wyndham, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Travelodge Chambersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Chambersburg Travel Lodge
Chambersburg Travelodge
Travel Lodge Chambersburg

If you own or manage Travelodge Chambersburg, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.