“I would stay here again” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Washington
“I would stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We got a great deal on Hotwire for this hotel and thought it was really nice. The included breakfast was very good. There is a Ruby Tuesday restaurant right next door. The only problem we had was that it was about 25 miles or so from Gettysburg which is where our destination was, so a little bit of a drive back and forth.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Camden, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was an older, rehabbed motel. 3 stories (with elevators). Clean, not worn, (but not new either) with a very friendly, helpful staff, From the room cleaning crew to the front desk. Good buffet breakfast, including a fairly hearty coffee. Only objection (see other reviews) was a slow draining tub and a low shower head. But that's no big deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room, puts you on the backside overlooking the pool and a small creek, and very qu...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Simsbury, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We chose The Sheraton 4 Points as a convienent spot to rest on a recent road trip. The price was right and it's right off the highway. But this hotel has a bad odor that they are trying to cover up with fabreeze. The roof is moldy and a stream runs through it's lower level so I guess there must be a mold issue here. Allergy sufferers beware. The room was comfortable enough and the staff was nice enough but there are so many other hotels in this area to catch a nights sleep. We stay at the Hampton Inn on the return trip for a few bucks more. Well worth every penny!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Four-Points-17201, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Chambersburg, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with our hotel. We apologize that you did not have an enjoyable stay. Please rest assured that we are doing all possible to resolve the musty smell. Please let us know which room you stayed in so we can further address this issue. We hope that this does not deter you from staying at the Four Points again and we hope that we see you in the future!!

Thanks again,
Mooresville, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here to break up a long road trip, and used Priceline.com to make the booking. The Sheraton 4 Points in Chambersburg was okay, but I'm sure glad I didn't pay full price.

What I liked:
-The room was updated nicely - everything inside looked very comfortable. Very pleasant!
-We asked for (and received) one of the rooms with a small balcony. Since I travel with young kids, it's great to have a place where my wife and I can relax after the little ones go to bed. Having the balcony was great, and they have made the drainage field outside into a fairly pleasant atmosphere with lighting, etc. Very nice place to chill after a long day of driving.
-Nice, new shopping center close by with places to grab a bite. I'm not a Ruby Tuesday's fan (it's attached to the building), so we drove just about 1 mile up the road behind 4 Points and found a new-looking shopping center with several other options (Moe's, Fuddruckers, others).
-Breakfast was good!
-Can't beat the location right off the highway for easy on/easy off!

What I didn't like:
-The room looked nice, but nothing seemed to work right. The coffee maker would only make 1/2 cups of coffee (tried everything I could to get this thing working), the A/C made a loud clicking sound all night, and I couldn't make the remote control work to save my life.
-Common areas have not been updated recently. Kinda dumpy in the hallways and stairs.
-THIS WON'T HAPPEN TO EVERYONE, but the fire alarm went off at 1:30 AM for no reason. Before rousing all 3 of my sleeping kids to run outside, I called the desk quickly. As I suspected, the desk clerk said the alarm was NOT legit but she didn't know how to turn it off. We didn't leave the building, which is really against my judgement when the fire alarm is ringing. Net effect was a really poor night's sleep when coupled with the CLICK-CLICK-CLICKing of the A/C.

Overall, I've stayed at worse places. But, I wouldn't say this was any more than average. If everything goes right, you'd have a pleasant stay.

Happy travels!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. Also, ask for a room that does not face the highway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Good hotel, clean room, comfortable, good location. Downsides were small window, loud air conditioner and unreliable wifi. Literally right at the I-81 exit. Friendly staff. I would recommend it and I would stay there again if every in the area again.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the highway are quite loud.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Solon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed here on hotel points (a great deal) while on a road trip with my family. We had 2 king size rooms. My room smelled slightly musty but the other room was fine. Both rooms were huge with high ceilings. They were clean. This is not a 5 Star hotel -- it's a motel next to an interstate. There can be road noise. Deal with it. Check in was pleasant. They acknowledged our Starwood status but did not ask what gift we wanted. The wifi worked great and we had a bottle of water in the room. The bed was comfortable. The soap and shampoo are on the higher end of what you'll get in this type of hotel, which I like. Breakfast was a full breakfast -- make your own waffles, bacon, turkey sausage and probably instant eggs, plus a large variety of cereals, yogurt, canned fruit, apples, bananas, and juices, coffee, and milk. A huge spread and included with the room. If you're coming through town and the price is right choose this hotel.

Room Tip: The balconies are nice, but ask for one far from the highway for less noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Four-Points-17201, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Chambersburg, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us! We look forward to the next time you are in the area and we will make sure you get your Starwood Preferred Guest welcome gift!

Thanks for the great review!!

Sincerely
Corning, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The room was comfortable an clean, but smelled a bit musty, thought it was nothing horrible. They also only gave us three towels even though we booked a room for four people. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast in the morning was good. We booked here because the hotels in Gettysburg were very full the weekend we went. It was an easy drive and there was a Ruby Tuesdays right next door which was very convenient.

Room Tip: Try to stay on an upper floor. The ground floor smells a bit musty like a basement.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Chambersburg? Share your experiences!