“horrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Norristown, Pennsylvania
“horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

This has got to be the worse hotel/motel i have ever stayed in. The person at the front desk was bothered by the fact that i ask for extra pillows. The place looks like it is abandoned. They dont clean or straighten the rooms. They only put 2 towels in the room and 1 hand towel. There was an empty tissue holder. The box spring looked like someone had urinated on it and so did the chair. The continental breakfast was stale cereal and white bread only for toast and burnt coffee. The milk for the cereal looked like it had been taken out of a personal refridgerator. The vending machines did not work we were told to try the ones on the other floors. The ice machine did not work. It should be closed and not reopened.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
charlottesville, va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I travel all the time and this by far was the worst experience ever. Here is a review of my brief stay, I spent 20 minutes in a smoked filled lobby with someone in a conference room right beside the check in desk on a conference call using the speaker phone speaking Indian trying to get checked in. It was thru Priceline and the desk clerk was just lost on what to charge me until I handed my reservation to him that I printed. Headed to the room with crickets in the hallway (honest) and the halls filled with the smoke smell.smell of cigerette smoke (aweful). Room had torn bed covers, a broken TV and an unplugged refrigerator. I turned around andleft ate the cost of the stay because there was no way I was going back into the smoke fille dlobby and found a real hotel ( hampton Inn) where I was welcomed and treated like a valued customer. It's on the cheapest list of priceline for a reason.... Ed Stonesifer

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Loris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Stayed there September 2011. By far the worse motel we ever stayed in. Very dirty, smokey, uncomfortable, heater broken, flea infested, filthy and soiled carpets, management disregard, lousy "so called" breakfast, etc., etc. Stay clear of this place. If this was improved I would hate to have seen the earlier version.

Room Tip: Don't .
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Manchester, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011 via mobile

Super nasty and shady looking. I booked through hotwire and could not get a refund, otherwise I would have asked for one. Do not stay here.

• Stayed June 2011
DanielleHeilman, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
I am very sorry to hear your experience was not pleasant! I would like to inform you we have undergone severe changes in management and are doing anything we can to improve the property & guest satisfaction. New training programs are in place for housekeeping, maintenence and front desk. We are dedicated to our business & It is our ONLY GOAL for our guests to be content.This is a process as it will take some time to reform everything. Please come back and try us out again, I promise you will notice many differences, I am confident you will enjoy your stay. Thank you, take care.

Been to Red Roof Inn Chambersburg? Share your experiences!