“A good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Milford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

AAA booked the room for me, I asked for a pet friendly hotel on the first floor where I could park in front of my room with handicap access. When I arrived after a full days drive I was shocked to find that the only access to rooms was through the main lobby and that I had to use a cart to lug my luggage, laptop, etc. plus pet supplies through the halls to my handicap room. The room was very nice but I was told it had a microwave and refrigerator but I couldn't find them when I was in the room. I mentioned something to the clerk as I was heading out the entrance to walk my dog and she commented that they were in the cabinet under the TV! I looked like a dresser stand. Another patron at the desk commented that she had the same problem. The staff was very nice and accommodating but I would not stay there again with pets, too much of a hassle not having a direct door. It was also a bit pricey and the fee quoted to me by AAA did NOT include the pet fee which they still charged me.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with pets, you will have to walk them through the hallways to go out the main e...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Excellent staff Rooms are very clean as soon as you open your door it smells clean. Breakfast has a lot of items to choose from. Make your own wattles awesome. So close to Historic Gettysburg.See you soon Thank you Dave & Sandy Altoona Pa

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Canandaigua, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This Best Western is very clean and well appointed. The staff was friendly and helpful.
The rooms are all on the first story, and with inside corridors for added safety.
One of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in(and I've slept in quite a few), with wonderful pillows and linens. The owner/manager even opened the hot/cold free breakfast buffet 5 minutes early because he noticed I came down a bit early. Attention to detail is important.

Room Tip: We were in the back facing a parking lot-very quiet All rooms are first floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
West Seneca, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The hotel was easy to find and attractive from the outside but that is where it stopped. Our room had stained carpets. The housekeeping was deplorable. Upon returning to our room after a day of siteseeing we found the beds unmade, no fresh towels, coffee or cups. The only thing they did was empty the garbage and remove the dirty towels. I have stayed at other Best Westerns and now wonder why in the world I chose to stay at another. It will be our last time despite the low nightly price. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWChambersburg, Manager at BEST WESTERN Chambersburg, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking a time out to write a review about your stay at our property. On behalf of entire staff at BEST WESTERN Chambersburg, I would like to apologize for not being able to exceed your expectations. I would like to make a request to you to provide us with another opportunity to provide you with excellent service you deserve. I hope to see you soon at our property.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We found this motel in the AAA guide book. Dog friendly motels in a specific area can be challenging to find. What a nice surprise the Best Western was. Very spacious, clean room with frig, microwave, and coffee maker. Motel also served a nice continental breakfast in a comfortable room. The staff were friendly and helpful with information. Although the motel property has limited dog space, there is a sidewalk out front with plenty of walking distance. Restaurants close by that don't require getting onto a busy street. This was an especially nice stay for us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BWChambersburg, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chambersburg, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for writing a review about your stay at our property. It is great to know that we were able to provide enjoyable accommodation to you and your four legged friend! I hope you would stay with us again in the future.

BEST WESTERN Chambersburg

Been to BEST WESTERN Chambersburg? Share your experiences!