“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
New Jersey
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

The hotel is near the highway and close to a variety of eating places.
Even without a reservation check-in was pretty quick with a pleasant and friendly staff.
The room was clean, spacious and comfortable with a good wireless internet connection.
The breakfast was tasty (waffles, cereal, etc) in a room off the lobby and was nice before
getting on the road again. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
BWChambersburg, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chambersburg, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Dear NJSLIM,

Thank you very much for writing a review about your stay at BEST WESTERN Chambersburg. We are very pleased to know that your stay with was pleasant. I hope you would come visit us soon.

BEST WESTERN Chambersburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Mays Landing, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel and after reading many reviews I chose this one. I wasn't disappointed.The directions were easy to follow since my GPS is a pen and paper.The hotel was clean and the front desk staff very friendly. My room was clean and comfortable. The only complaint I could make is that the walls are extemely thin but hey I wasn't going to live there so it wasn't a big deal. I didn't know the hotel was pet friendly or else I wouId have brought my 4lb Cujo along. I will be visiting the area often and I plan on staying at Best Western every time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
BWChambersburg, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chambersburg, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for writing the review about your stay at BEST WESTERN Chambersburg. We are glad to know that your stay with us was pleasant. Yes, Pets are welcome at your property. I hope you would come visit us again soon.

Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

1st time we'd stayed in Best Western in US. Staff was so polite and cordial and certainly great for the visitor. We were impressed with the clean rooms. The rooms shut out noises from outside. We stayed on route and the Best Western here is handy to the exit. We travel that way at least twice a year or more and will certainly stay there again.
The breakfast was tasty and met the need to have something before heading out in the AM. I usually don't write reviews for hotels but the staff was absolutely great in dealing with a client and we actually felt good enough to become a Best Western fan or member. I'd recommend this place to anyone needing a place to stay in the area to give it a try.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
BWChambersburg, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chambersburg, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for writing a review about your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Chambersburg. We are glad to know that we were able to provide the excellent service to expect from our hotel. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

We have stayed in this hotel a few times, mostly because it is pet-friendly, on our route, and offers rooms with microwaves, refrigerators, and whirlpool tubs. (very important to this weary traveler!)

The room was clean and spacious. There is a lot of traffic noise because the highway is very close, but you can use the HVAC system as white noise and it will not bother you. The free wireless internet worked well.

There is a fair amount of grass in back of the hotel for walking the dog. We really appreciate this hotel allowing dogs!

My only issue with this hotel was the bed. It was too hard for my taste and they use a plastic mattress cover which made it very hot after a few hours (plastic does not breathe). If I had realized it was there I would have removed it before I went to bed, which might have helped the bed a little.

We did not stay for breakfast, but it looked like they had cereal and donuts, nothing super but better than nothing.

There are plenty of restaurants and shopping a short drive away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
BWChambersburg, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chambersburg, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for writing a review regarding your recent stay at our property. I am very happy to know that we were able to meet with you expectations.

Gibbstown, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I had never spent the night in a best western before so I had no idea what to expect but I was very pleasantly surprised. I only spent 2 nights with some friends exploring the area so I didn't spend too much time using the service but from what I could tell they were very friendly and helpful.(and not creepy!) I didn't have any of the problems with hearing people through walls as some other people seem to have but then again it was fairly quiet and comfortable when I had went. The rooms were clean and I didn't stumble across unknown substances in the bathrooms. The breakfast was tasty and didn't seem to be that canned stuff that some places have. I usually don't write reviews for hotels but this surprised me in a great way so I'd recommend anyone needing a place to stay in the area to give it a try.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
BWChambersburg, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chambersburg, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing review regarding your stay at our property. We are glad that we were able to meet with your expectations. We hope that you may stay with us again.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed here for the first time. The hotel is conveniently located off the exit. Overall the hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Allentown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Very convenient location. Easy access to highways, shopping, and food. But the breakfast was below average at best. The coffee was actually pretty good. It is also a dog friendly hotel, which is a nice thing. What I don't get is why hotels put the dogs in the same area as people on business who just want quiet and to relax. So there is dogs barking and then to make it worse the walls were very very thin. I hear could hear coughing and talking and everything in the next room...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing review regarding your previous stay at our property. On behalf of entire team at BEST WESTERN Chamebrsburg I would like to apologize for not being able to meet with your expectations. Sir, please note that, we welcome both business and leisure travelers. Often we have a guest who brings pets with them. And, we are a pet friendly motel and we welcome pets but they stay only in pet friendly rooms. please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience other guest's pet may have caused. I will take your review in to consideration and I will try to improve our existing service and offerings. I would like to request you to provide us with one more opportunity to better serve you.

BEST WESTERN Chambersburg

Been to BEST WESTERN Chambersburg? Share your experiences!