“Nice and Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Chambersburg
Supply, North Carolina
“Nice and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Located off of I-81, it's easy to access. We enjoyed our overnight stay at this property. I had made reservations and since we were two couples traveling together, we wanted rooms as close as possible to each other. Although we were not able to get adjacent rooms, the clerk did his best to relocate us to rooms close by. The rooms were clean and quiet. In the morning, the continental breakfast bar was well stocked but the eating area was a bit tight for seating. Its a nice place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are glad that everything was good for your stay and I will certainly share your comments with the staff.

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Aiken, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed in a whirlpool suite at this hotel since we'd been on the road for 12 hours and needed a good soak. The tub was nice and clean (I've been to other hotels with whirlpool tubs and they are often not clean) and there was a nice basket in the tub with towels and shower gels; a nice touch. The room faced a cornfield which we thought was great, our dog kept looking out the window hoping to see something in the field! I do wish there had been screens on the windows; the room needed a good airing out. We did keep the window open for a while, we just had to watch the dog. (THANK YOU for having windows that open!) I think the odor was from strong cleaning fluids. I do wish hotels would discover the cleaning power of vinegar and baking soda; some of the cleaning fluids out there are too strong. Anyway, our bed was comfy. One problem we had was it sounded like there was a constant drip in the ventilation above the tub, but we think it was because it was raining. The a/c unit mostly drowned out that sound; the a/c was typical of hotels and kind of loud, but in this case it turned out to be a good thing. Did not hear people above us or next to us so it seems this hotel might actually have some soundproofing. The breakfast was so-so. I had cold cereal which was fine, but my husband tried an omelet that was cold and tasteless. Overall the hotel was good, if I stay again I'll just make sure there are no dripping noises in the vent before I move in all my stuff!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the cornfield, check room for noises before you move in.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review! We are glad that you choose our property and appreciate the kind words. We hope to see you again in the future!
Long Island, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The stay was perfect. The check in went smoothly and the stay was adequate for a road trip back on I-81. Now to the disaster that went on at 11:30 AM. We were getting ready and needed to check out and I got a phone call at 11:55 AM. I am on the phone with a family member discussing something when exactly 12:00 PM the phone rings. I pick it up and Felicia says "hi are you checking out it is noon", I am a little puzzled as since I am in traveling sales I have checked out plenty of times both early and a few minutes late. I say OK and then say we will be down in a few minutes. The next part was the problem. We go downstairs at 12:10 and I say to her it was rather inappropriate to call at exactly noon, we were coming down I just was taking care of a personal matter on the phone. She began to tell me that if I needed more time I can request a late check out. Hotels need to realize that the most important thing for us is customer service. I told her again it was inappropriate as the maid who is in charge of cleaning the room was 5 rooms down in the hallway. She began to tell me that I was (as a person) wrong. She told me to get out of her hotel and I would never be allowed back. Felicia it is a hotel off I-81, we just stopped in on the way back to NYC. She then said to get out of her parking lot and became absurd. We left and she called the police and took a picture of my license plate. I am going to tell you I don't usually ever leave a review, I stay at my hotels and leave a couple dollars for cleaning lady, get a bill and move on. I am a very pleasant and accomodating traveler. Let me say this experience has ruined any further need for country inn. I would love a call back from the general manager as this was quite ridiculous. I just think it is inappropriate to have someone screaming and cursing as I am walking out the door and following me to my car to yell more.

I would say the hotel was ok, but the customer service made it beyond a 1 star review.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. It was also a pleasure to speak with you on the phone in regards to this issue and I am hoping we have resolved it. I am glad everything else was good with your stay and we will certainly remain focused on excellent customer service.
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We enjoyed the stay as the service was excellent, room clean, pool and hot tub clean, and the location was near everything. The only draw back was the noise. You can hear guests above and our room was across from the elevator where people conversed all times of night.

Room Tip: If you can get a room away from the elevator and not below someone, it would be excellent.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We try to keep our rates competitive and feel that we provide excellent amenities for the price. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

When we arrived in our room, we noticed that the pillow cases had many hairs on them. Then We opened the sofa bed and took the extra blankets out of the closet and the plastic container that they were in. One of the blankets had a huge spot of maple syrup on it! Which tells me that one of the previous guests used this blanket while eating some breakfast and when the cleaning staff came to service the room, they simply folded up this dirty used blanket and put it right back into the plastic bag that we got it out of! The same thing happened we assume with the rest of the room, pillows and sheets since they were full of little black hairs.. Never cleaned, just remade the beds and folded things up.. This is totally unacceptable for a hotel! We travel so much and really this is a giant No-No for a hotel!! If you cant even trust that you are sleeping in clean linens, and then must assume that there are probably residues of bodily fluids on the sheets that you are sleeping on from other people having sex, or drooling.... Then there is no reason to ever go back to that hotel again!! The Breakfast: After taking a large fork full of scrambled eggs, and swallowing, I noticed that there was a BIG BLACK HAIR sticking out of my mouth! I grasped it with my fingers and pulled only to find that the rest of this 12 inch hair was down my throat attached to the eggs that I had just swallowed.... I really almost threw up! I pulled this disgusting hair out and threw the rest of the food away. Then I noticed the little attendant working had long black hair with no food service net on her head!! Never again will we stay at this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on trip advisor.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We are grateful that you brought these issues to our attention and we are investigating the cause of this issue. We do not feel that you should have to pay for the poor quality of our hotel during your stay. Please contact the hotel directly so that we may offer a full refund of your stay.

I am truly sorry. This is certainly an isolated incident and these problems are not the norm for our hotel. In fact, we were a President's Award winning hotel in 2011. This means that through a rigorous inspection process our hotel exceeded cleanliness standards as well as exceptional guest feedback as is received via surveys like yours.

These types of incidents embarrass me greatly and they will most certainly be acted upon. I can assure you, that these types of problems are extremely rare at our hotel and every problem such as yours is acted upon in a timely manner and repeat incidences should not occur.

Please accept our apology and we hope you will give us a chance again in the future. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was very, very clean. I tried to find dirt in the room and could not. The towels were spotless, as were the beds. The shower was very nice- perfect pressure and lots of room. The beds were comfy and the room was very spacious. The TV was modern and very nice. The room was quiet (we were never disturbed by noise in the hall). The room smelled nice and clean and the temperature of the room regulated perfectly. The breakfast staff was very friendly, but the dishes were dirty and there could have been a better selection.
There was one issue I had- and that's with the housekeeping. We stayed three days and the room was never cleaned. The first night time was my fault as I left the do not disturb sign on the door. The second night we asked the housekeeper to come back and clean after we left for the day and she said she would. She never came back so the room was not cleaned. The front desk staff told me he would bring me sheets so I could change them myself (at 11pm- not happening- I'm not on the payroll to do that). So he brought us clean towels and we slept in a dirty bed. He should have offered to give us a different room.
Overall it was a nice experience with friendly staff (other than the guy who told me to change my own sheets, he had an attitude). I would stay again and hope I get a better housekeeper.

• Stayed September 2012
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad that the majority of your stay was a pleasant one, and we will certainly work with our team to "fine-tune" the issue that you did have. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area so that we can exceed your expectations. If you would like to discuss this matter personally, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly and I would be happy to speak with you.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We really enjoyed our two-night stay here and the price was a bargain. It is a very clean and attractive hotel. The bed and pillows were high quality and very comfortable. The bathroom was spacious with a really nice shower. The breakfast was great. The staff of the hotel was very friendly and most welcoming. There is lots to see and do in the area including Gettysburg which is only 30 minutes away. We would definitely stay here again if we are in this area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the fantastic review! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Chambersburg? Share your experiences!