“Very Good for price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Very Good for price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We enjoyed the stay as the service was excellent, room clean, pool and hot tub clean, and the location was near everything. The only draw back was the noise. You can hear guests above and our room was across from the elevator where people conversed all times of night.

Room Tip: If you can get a room away from the elevator and not below someone, it would be excellent.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, PA, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We try to keep our rates competitive and feel that we provide excellent amenities for the price. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

When we arrived in our room, we noticed that the pillow cases had many hairs on them. Then We opened the sofa bed and took the extra blankets out of the closet and the plastic container that they were in. One of the blankets had a huge spot of maple syrup on it! Which tells me that one of the previous guests used this blanket while eating some breakfast and when the cleaning staff came to service the room, they simply folded up this dirty used blanket and put it right back into the plastic bag that we got it out of! The same thing happened we assume with the rest of the room, pillows and sheets since they were full of little black hairs.. Never cleaned, just remade the beds and folded things up.. This is totally unacceptable for a hotel! We travel so much and really this is a giant No-No for a hotel!! If you cant even trust that you are sleeping in clean linens, and then must assume that there are probably residues of bodily fluids on the sheets that you are sleeping on from other people having sex, or drooling.... Then there is no reason to ever go back to that hotel again!! The Breakfast: After taking a large fork full of scrambled eggs, and swallowing, I noticed that there was a BIG BLACK HAIR sticking out of my mouth! I grasped it with my fingers and pulled only to find that the rest of this 12 inch hair was down my throat attached to the eggs that I had just swallowed.... I really almost threw up! I pulled this disgusting hair out and threw the rest of the food away. Then I noticed the little attendant working had long black hair with no food service net on her head!! Never again will we stay at this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, PA, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on trip advisor.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We are grateful that you brought these issues to our attention and we are investigating the cause of this issue. We do not feel that you should have to pay for the poor quality of our hotel during your stay. Please contact the hotel directly so that we may offer a full refund of your stay.

I am truly sorry. This is certainly an isolated incident and these problems are not the norm for our hotel. In fact, we were a President's Award winning hotel in 2011. This means that through a rigorous inspection process our hotel exceeded cleanliness standards as well as exceptional guest feedback as is received via surveys like yours.

These types of incidents embarrass me greatly and they will most certainly be acted upon. I can assure you, that these types of problems are extremely rare at our hotel and every problem such as yours is acted upon in a timely manner and repeat incidences should not occur.

Please accept our apology and we hope you will give us a chance again in the future. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel was very, very clean. I tried to find dirt in the room and could not. The towels were spotless, as were the beds. The shower was very nice- perfect pressure and lots of room. The beds were comfy and the room was very spacious. The TV was modern and very nice. The room was quiet (we were never disturbed by noise in the hall). The room smelled nice and clean and the temperature of the room regulated perfectly. The breakfast staff was very friendly, but the dishes were dirty and there could have been a better selection.
There was one issue I had- and that's with the housekeeping. We stayed three days and the room was never cleaned. The first night time was my fault as I left the do not disturb sign on the door. The second night we asked the housekeeper to come back and clean after we left for the day and she said she would. She never came back so the room was not cleaned. The front desk staff told me he would bring me sheets so I could change them myself (at 11pm- not happening- I'm not on the payroll to do that). So he brought us clean towels and we slept in a dirty bed. He should have offered to give us a different room.
Overall it was a nice experience with friendly staff (other than the guy who told me to change my own sheets, he had an attitude). I would stay again and hope I get a better housekeeper.

• Stayed September 2012
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, PA, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad that the majority of your stay was a pleasant one, and we will certainly work with our team to "fine-tune" the issue that you did have. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area so that we can exceed your expectations. If you would like to discuss this matter personally, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly and I would be happy to speak with you.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We really enjoyed our two-night stay here and the price was a bargain. It is a very clean and attractive hotel. The bed and pillows were high quality and very comfortable. The bathroom was spacious with a really nice shower. The breakfast was great. The staff of the hotel was very friendly and most welcoming. There is lots to see and do in the area including Gettysburg which is only 30 minutes away. We would definitely stay here again if we are in this area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the fantastic review! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We were so pleased with the hotel on our way to New England that we stayed there on our way back home. The hotel is attractive, quiet, clean with a fantastic breakfast and has a friendly staff. The area is awesome with lots of restaurants, gas stations and other stores. Country Inn & Suites is permanently in our GPS!

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms are on the cornfield side.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for the great review! I will share your comments with the staff. Hope to see you again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband, daughter and I visited this property on 8/20/12. We had booked a king suite - meaning we had a separate king bedroom, with our daughter sleeping on the pullout sofa in the living room. The sofa (which is, I believe this hotel line's standard issue) has a terrible mattress - you can feel the springs through and through. The bed set came with one thin blanket and one pillow -- and predictably, my daughter had a lousy night's sleep. Breakfast was curious...preformed egg patties, very spicy chicken patties, biscuits and sausage gravy...but to their credit, the hotel also offered make your own waffles, cold and hot cereal, juices, and reasonably good coffee. Staff were very cooperative and the price was reasonable. We would consider returning -- but beware the sofa bed!!

Room Tip: Rooms have a view of a large corn field!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
JesseRockwell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, PA, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for the review of our property. We apologize that the sofa bed was not the most comfortable, but the good news is that these will be replaced in the near future. We are glad everything else was satisfactory to you.

Your feedback has been shared with our staff, and we hope to see you again soon!
Oxford, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I just returned home after a two week work trip to Chambersburg. Six co-workers and I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites and were all very pleased with the hotel. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. They do not have room service and the only meal they offer is breakfast, but that was not an issue. We were doing work at Letterkenny Army Depot and had to be there at 6am every morning. We were fortunate enough to have Connie working the breakfast area almost every day. Even though the hotels set breakfast time was 6am on weekdays, Connie made sure she had most (if not all) the food out by around 5:30am. She was extremely kind and helpful, making sure we had everything we needed. She even gave us to-go snack bags on a couple days! I can’t thank her enough for her service, and all the guys are grateful as well.

I only had a few minor complaints. 1. There was no microwave in my room. The information stated that all rooms come with microwaves and mini fridges. This wasn’t really a big issue since they had a microwave in the conference room on the first floor (I was on the 2nd) that was always available when I needed it. 2. The laundry room was rather sad. You had one washer and one dryer for a three floor hotel. Granted, I imagine most people aren’t staying two weeks and probably don’t use the laundry, but when you are having to jockey for a spot between six guys it can get a little bothersome. 3. The biggest problem I had was several clean towels and wash cloths were put in my bathroom with very long black hair in them. I have short curly blonde hair, so it wasn’t mine. The last day there the shower curtain was even covered in them! It looked as if someone had laundered the shower curtain and towels with a lot of this hair. The towels weren’t a huge issue since it was just me in the room and there were four to choose from, but it was a little unnerving about the shower curtain.

Please don’t let those complaints overwhelm you though. This was a nice clean hotel with a friendly staff. We may have to return for more work in the next month or so and I will definitely try to stay at this hotel again.

Oh and don’t forget, FREE COOKIES! Haha

Room Tip: Second floor has no vending or ice machine. First floor stays pretty busy with all the coming and go...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! I have shared your comments with our staff, including Connie who took such great care of you at breakfast. She was very excited to see her name mentioned!

We also will be adding Microwaves to all of our rooms (not just suites) in the near future.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area, thanks again!

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg, PA? Share your experiences!