“wonderful surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Canaan, New Hampshire
“wonderful surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Very clean and well kept motel and excellent staff. would highly recommend

we stayed at 3 other hotels on our road trip and this hotel had the most friendly and helpful staff. We will definitely stay here again on our next road trip to North Carolina.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
SleepInnChambersburg, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Ed,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! I'm glad our hotel exceeded your expectations, especially as compared to other hotels you've stayed in.

I look forward to hosting you again during your travels to our area!

Best,
Dennis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
DeLand, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

People went above and beyond for my wife and me as she had taken a fall early in the day. She is disabled needed extra bedding and the night clerk was very easy to supply what was needed. Morning clerk was so nice to ask how she was doing. Very clean and well kept motel and excellent staff. would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SleepInnChambersburg, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Larry,

Thank you for your comments, I'll be sure to convey them to my staff. I'm glad that they were able to accommodate your wife during your stay and to make you as comfortable as possible while you were with us. I hope your wife is doing better.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Best wishes,
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was a stop over point in our 2-day drive and we were not disappointed at all with this hotel. New or recently renovated, the rooms were clean and well maintained with firm mattresses. The staff is very friendly. We got a good night's sleep. Breakfast is classic complimentary fare but was good. For the "polishers" out there, there is a car wash next door. We will keep this hotel's card in our "preferred" hotel file for future use.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear bubbette54,

Thank you for your comments, I'll be sure to convey them to my staff! We did recently renovate our hotel so I'm glad you noticed the upgrades! We strive to make each guest feel at home and I'm glad we succeed during your stay.

I hope to see you again soon during your travels to our area!

Safe travels,
California, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is extremely well kept and clean. We stay at a lot of Comfort Suites but try to stay away from Sleep Inn. We were in town for the 150th anniversary of Gettysburg so hotels were at a premium. We were not disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rita,

Thank you for your comments, they are much appreciated! I'm glad you enjoyed our Sleep Inn & Suites brand and look forward to hosting you again during your future travels to the Gettysburg area.

Best wishes,
Dennis.
Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My friend and I stay here whenever we're in this area of Pennsylvania. The hotel is well maintained and staff are extremely friendly and helpful. In the event of a special request or problem, it is always addressed immediately. Cannot comment on the breakfast because we have never indulged. Perhaps we will give it a try when we return in August. We enjoy our stays here and wish we could come back more often.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SleepInnChambersburg, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Gadabat,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your kind words. I'm glad you enjoy our hotel and choose to come back to stay with us when you're in the area. Please do take advantage of our complimentary hot breakfast, which includes eggs, sausage and waffles, on your next trip to Pennsylvania this month.

See you soon!

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed twice this summer at the Sleep Inn in Chambersburg, PA. We had a very comfortable stay. The rooms are large. There are refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms. The employees are very friendly and helpful. The selection at breakfast was great. The location is quiet. When we are in the area again, we will gladly chose this location again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nancy,

Thanks so much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our complimentary services such as microwaves and fridges in each guest room as well as a hot breakfast which includes waffles! I hope you come back during your travels to our area!

Laurel, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently had the displeasure of staying at this hotel. My wife and I stayed at this hotel on July 13th, 2013. The hotel overall was cheap, and also had the cheap feel to it. When you pull up to the hotel, the first thing you encounter is a closed, and boarded up gas station. I know this has nothing to do with the hotel, but I knew at this point I should have turned around and ran! After the warm welcoming closed gas station, you arrive at your destination. The first thing that caught my eye was the security system. The cameras were mounted almost upside down, and the wires were hanging here and there. When I went to check-in, I actually was greeted by the head housekeeper who was extremely pleasant. After my small talk with this woman, I proceeded to the front desk to check in. The gentleman that was there was EXTREMELY hard to understand. I am a man who speaks to many different people, with many different language accents. This gentleman held the trophy for being the hardest man to understand that I have ever had the displeasure to talk to. After 20 minutes of trying to decipher what the heck this gentleman is trying to explain to me, I went to my room to retire. The room was mediocre at best. Fast forward to the breakfast. The reheated, from yesterday's breakfast, sausage tasted like it had been boiled. The powdered precooked eggs tasted like air. Please do not expect the muffins or bread to be like a Thomas English muffin, as there are only hard nooks and crannys. Thumbs down overall. There was a lot more to this story, if you would like to hear the rest, please feel free to contact me at chris@247computercare.com. Thank you for reading my post!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Christopher,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us, but rest assured we do take all guest comments into consideration as we improve our service and amenities. We will consider your comments about our breakfast when we order from our vendors. Each guest prefers different items during breakfast and we try to please as many of our guests as possible.

I do hope you will give us an opportunity to host you again when you're in our area.

Dennis

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg? Share your experiences!