“Nice Overnight Stop” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 hotels in Chambersburg
Ontario Canada
“Nice Overnight Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here on a trip home to Canada from Florida and were very happy with our choice. We used a coupon from one of the highway booklets so the price was also very good. The hotel lobby was attractive, the clerk very friendly and helpful, and the room clean, large, and well decorated. The bedlinens were very attractive and the bed itself verycomfortable.
The breakfast in the morning was pretty standard but certainly sufficient for us.
They also offered free long distance calls to both the USA and Canada.
The hotel was close to the highway(81) but it was a little hard to find the entrance in the dark. The only restaurant close by was McDonalds so we had to go 3 miles up the highway for supper which we had at TJ Fridays and thoroughly enjoyed. I would stay here again any time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SleepInnChambersburg, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear famintagrace:

Thanks for your comments, I truly appreciate them! I'm glad you appreciate our effort to stay economical during this depressed economy. We try our best to provide our guests with excellent value for their money and I'm happy to hear that you appreciate our efforts.

We look forward to providing you with excellent hospitality on your return trip to Florida!

Dennis

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lake Meade, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at the Sleep Inn and Suites on Doron Drive for an overnight stay before the Chambersburg Holiday parade. We had a king room with a 2 person Jacuzzi, the room itself was nice with a large well made up bed. We had a light in our room that was not working, it did not get replaced when we were there but I made due with another light in the room. The jacuzzi worked very well and was enjoyable, there was a writing desk with a TV on it. When someone is sitting at the desk though the tv is hard to see from the bed, not a deal breaker but do keep it in mind if you are traveling with someone who plans to use the desk and you want to watch TV. I think my biggest complaint with the room was the fact that I found 3 stink bugs which I noted to the front desk clerk when she came up to look at the light. I was sort of hoping she would get someone to take care of them but instead I wound up having to use a cup to catch them and dispose of them myself. Is it a huge deal or problem?? No it wasn't, but I would have sort of expected that she would have someone come up to take care of them since I paid to sleep in the hotel. We didn't use the shower so I can't comment on that, the bathroom was nicely set up and was large enough for someone to use the shower while someone else was using the toliet. Bed was ok, I didn't sleep well which I can't really blame on the bed. There is traffic noise from Route 81 also, it runs right outside of your window and is a very busy interstate. It was not enough to keep you awake but you definitly heard the traffic noise, food around the hotel was decent.. there is a McDonalds just up the street and a pizza place that will deliver (which they did). It was a nice hotel overall, but it did lose a bubble for me having to do stink bug patrol and the light that was not working.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SleepInnChambersburg, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear David:

Thank you for your comments, we truly appreciate the time you took to tell us how we are doing. I am glad you liked our jacuzzi room and appreciated the size of our bathrooms.

We strive to make each guest experience a comfortable one and I am sorry that we fell short. We have called our exterminator's to resolve the stink bug problem in your room, so rest assured that issue has been taken care of.

Our staff works hard to ensure that each guest has a pleasurable stay and I am sure we will meet your expectations the next time you visit us!

Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

As semi-seasoned, and very routined travelers between Upstate NY (No, not Westchester County - more like Central NY) and North Carolina, we like to plan our trips back and forth accordingly, with cats and one dashund in tow. We prefer to use the chain of Choice Hotels, as we find they accommodate pets quite easily for a small additional fee. We love this place - easy to get to, right off Interstate 81, but without all the noise from the highway. We were able to get a first floor room, closest to this establishment's side door, which meant we didn't have to lug our pet crates, etc. through the front door on a rolling luggage carrier.

The appointments of our spacious double bed room were nice, up-to-date, with verrrrry comfortable bedding. In fact, we didn't realize until later that they actually sell their lightweight comforters (guess I'll have to wait until our return trip north next May) We had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, flat screen TV, ironing board/iron, hairdryer, all the basic comforts, when traveling with pets. Bathroom was neat and tidy, plenty of towels, nice bath/shower - an overall feeling of being in a decent place - we really liked it.

Since we were closely located to the side door, it was very easy to take our dashund outside for her "duties". And for cat owners, there's no access where your precious feline can sneak under a bed and hide out when it's time to leave, if you know what I mean - they have those boxed-in bed foundations, so....voila! There's no escaping when it's time to check out. Plus, there's a large closet for your kitty to stow away in, until she gets over her travel jitters.

There are several restaurants that deliver, and we had good luck with the Chinese place - food was great, and on time. The continental breakfast had a nice variety of coffees, cold cereals, toast, English muffins, bagels, make-your-own breakfast sandwiches, juices, etc.

The manager, Dinesh, was quite friendly and accommodating. If you're looking for a decent place located right off Interstate 81 in Chambersburg PA, we highly recommend this stop. We'll be back again next May - I want to buy one of those comforters - it's light, comfortable, and attractive with or without a duvet cover.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
SleepInnChambersburg, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Hello,

Thank you very much for your positive review. I am happy that you enjoyed our brand new comforters, we are in the process of renovating our hotel and that is just one of our many new additions. I am also happy that you found our property to be pet friendly, we realize that many travelers bring along their pets during their travels and we are happy to accommodate them as much as possible. We also strive to provide our guest with the best customer service and I'm glad Dinesh made you feel welcomed at our property.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in May and we'll be sure to keep an extra comforter for you!

Safe travels,
Richville NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

First stop on our recent vacation. Nice looking place when we drove up. Check in clerk was very friendly and courteous. Liked having a safe in the room. Fairly new facility, appeared to be clean and well cared for. The wife thought the bed was a little too firm , but it was OK for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SleepInnChambersburg, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Mr. Larry P.:

Thank you for your positive review. Our staff works hard to ensure each guest feels comfortable while they are away from home and we are happy that we could help make your recent vacation experience a positive one. I'm glad you appreciated the safe in the room, we offer many complimentary amenities to our guests to make them feel like they're home away from home.

I appreciate your comments and look forward to having you stay with us on your future visits!

-Irma
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stopped at the welcome center and picked up a coupon. Checkin with Sam was friendly and fast. The breakfast was of a good quality ,we miss the waffles but we can make do. My family really enjoys hotels with indoor pools and thankfully this hotel had one. The room had modern decor, flat screen tv's, and spacious bathrooms. If you do not like noise though, I'd recommend asking for a room not on the highway side. Other than that, everything was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review! I'm so happy that you enjoyed our indoor pool, newly installed flat screen, LCD tv's, and our newly renovated room decor. We are constantly striving to make improvements to the hotel which will benefit our guests and make them feel comfortable during their stay with us. Both my staff and I appreciate your comments!

I hope to see you again during your travels to our area!

-Irma
Rocky Mount, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

A place to sleep is all it is. Quiet and reasonable. The front desk attendant could be friendlier, nicer, more attentive to her customers, and more informative of the local area, and its shops, and restaurants. Also needs to know how to give proper directions!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
SleepInnChambersburg, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Steven,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Sleep Inn & Suites, Chambersburg. I appreciate you taking the time to give us valuble feedback. Our goal is to always provide the best possible experience and pride ourselves in friendly and courteous staff service. I am glad you found our hotel to be quiet and reasonable, however, I am sorry that our staff was not able to project a more welcoming first impression. We will discuss this situation with all the employees and try to embrace a more "welcome to our inn" attitude.

Again thank you for your comments. We strive to be your first choice when staying in Chambersburg, PA and look forward to having stay with us again soon.

Front Office Manager
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was a rather mediocre property. The furnishings in the room were a bit run down...including the mattresses and the rugs in the room and hallways were dirty and dingy. The pool area was not clean at all and the pool itself was clean but very cold for an indoor pool. The breakfast was typical fare and somewhat sparse and forced us to wait for items to be replenished since the hotel was well used when we were there and the breakfast set up appears to be for about 10 people at a time while 15 to 20 guests were in the dining area at the time of our arrival. There were a few issues that I would say were the biggest turn-offs for us when we were there and they are that the spreads on the beds in both rooms that we had were worn and stained and looked as though they hadn't been replaced in a very long time (though the sheets and other bedding did appear clean and in good condition). Another issue that we had was with the housekeeping process. As we were heading out of our rooms to go to the breakfast area the housekeeping staff had begun to clean several of the rooms surrounding ours and had dropped piles of dirty linens on the floor in the hallway outside of the rooms which we had to navigate like an obstacle course to get to the elevator (not pleasant or hygeinic in my opinion). I have never seen this process used for housekeeping in any other property which I've been a guest. The final item is that the only person employed there who was friendly was the front desk clerk when we arrived. The rest of the staff that we encountered from front desk, breakfast room, housekeeping during our stay were not at all friendly or welcoming. I felt most of the time as if we were bothering these people just by being in the building. So chances are I wouldn't stay there again and I'm glad that it was a one night stop over during a longer road trip. Tip to the management of this property....encourage your staff to smile at a guest and say hello when they encounter them!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg? Share your experiences!