“Solid place to eat .” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 131 restaurants in Chambersburg
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Hoss’s Steak and Sea House is a family restaurant featuring fresh-cut steaks, seafood, and tender chicken entrees all cooked to order! Enjoy our fresh and wholesome Soup & Salad Bar with homemade soups, just-baked breads, fresh fruits, delicious desserts, and soft-serve ice cream. We feature a fun menu for kids and offer family-style banquets in our comfortable banquet rooms
“Solid place to eat .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I eat at this location once a week aleast. Food is good and the service is always friendly and attentive . I recommend the 6oz sirloin w mushroom as my side .

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Chambersburg location. We strive to provide great food and service at a reasonable price. Your patronage and positive feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope to serve you again soon.

56% Recommend
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
“Food made me sick”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I ordered the soup, salad, and dessert bar with coffee. There were at least 5 types of soups. I had chicken noodle with slice of cinnamon swirl bread. Bland taste. Salad bar looked clean but had minimal food selections. A green salad and three of the "salad combinations were selected: potato salad, macaroni salad, and cole slaw. Parmesean pepper dressing. Only a brownie and chocolate ice cream cone looked appetizing. The waiter brought de-caffinated coffee and took it back for regular. But hr never returned with any coffee. We were at a table of 10 adults. Later I had stomach issues and the next day suffered with diahrea from mishandled or spiled food. This is the third visit in 3 months. Each has been less enjoyable. I recommend you by-pass this place and go to one of the nearby steak houses that just opened.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“Medium means bloody”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went to Hoss's for dinner on Saturday night. We arrived at 5:30 (eating with my elderly parents) and they already had a line. The service was pretty quick but the decor left a lot to be desired. For a new restaurant, it looked a little dated inside.

I ordered the beef tips with peppers and onions with a side of snap peas. I can't complain about my meal other than I felt that the amount of peppers and onions was a little small. My husband ordered his steak medium and when he cut into the center it was bloody red. Way too rare for his tastes.

I would recommend ordering your steak at least one to two levels more cooked than normal.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chambersburg, PA
“Great new location in Chambersburg, Pa”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Impressed by the new location and the restaurant layout. Spacious seating and quick service. Was not impressed with the salad bar, could have more selections and been better tended.

Visited December 2012
Orrtanna, Pennsylvania
“A very poor steak”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I ordered the big porterhouse medium rare and ended up with a near raw chunk of gristle. I make far better steaks myself at home on the grill.

• Visited February 2012