“Consistently Great!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Fayetteville, PA
“Consistently Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Cafe d'Italia continues to be my downtown restaurant of choice. My wife and I, and many of our foodie friends consider this as THE place to get Italian food in Chambersburg. Cafe d'Italia offers great food in a very nice setting, at a reasonable price. The waitstaff are great and the cooks are the best around. If you go there in the evening make certain someone at your table orders the evening "special"..... it is ALWAYS superb.

If you happen to like a glass of wine with dinner, bring your own. Cafe d'Italia is a B.Y.O.B. establishment. There is a wine shop around the corner (primarily Pennsylvania wines) and a PA Wine & Spirits store about a mile or so away.

Check out their menu on their website: www.cafeditalia.com

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
“good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The food was good, with a wide selection. The pricing was very reasonable, and the portions were large.

Visited August 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Sandwiches better than most”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

For lunch this wasn't really an "Italian" restaurant. But the sandwiches were excellent--fresh ingredients and delicious bread. Word to the wise: unless you're a big eater, split one!

Visited July 2012
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Liked it more than I thought.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have a favorite italian restaurant in Chambersburg and I could drink the sauce and eat it for every meal, but my wife wanted me to try this restaurant. I have to say that I enjoyed it. The calamari was cooked perfectly and the marinara sauce is very good.

The fettuccine tasted fresh (meant to ask before I left) and the garlic bread was delicious (wish the basket was a little bigger).

We also had good service.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“A Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

On the way from R.I. to Virginia we stopped at Chambersburg for the night. Feeling that an Italian dinner would top off a long day we looked on T. A. for a recommendation. We chose Cafe d'italia and what a choice it was. We left Binghamton in upstate N.Y. and many fine Italian restaurants 12 years ago. The meals we had at Cafe d'italia were the best Italian food we've had in those 12 years and we've tried many places.

We had to wait a short while for an inside table but the wait was well worth it.Our waitress, Meissa, was very experienced and attentive.
We had spaghetti with meat sauce and an appetizer, Zuppa de pesca. The spaghetti was excellent, very meaty and flavorful. The Zuppa was a full meal for me and I have a great appetite.
All the ingredients were cooked to perfection, and the sauce was hearty. This was the perfect choice for me.

We will be back.