“Wow, what happened” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Wow, what happened”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Based on previous reviews I was excited to try McCollum's. I pass it almost daily and haven't ever stopped. I did yesterday with my husband, what a Disappointment! The place was dirty, the employee was unkempt. Despite this, we still wanted to try the food. We placed our order and both choose 1/2 rack with two sides for a total of $30. Not a bad price for fresh ribs for two people, right? Once we placed our order, the employee grabbed some old, cold ribs, threw them in a previously used Styrofoam take out container and then threw the container and ribs in the microwave.

First, I thought I was getting freshly made ribs
Secondly, I don't want microwaved food for $30 bucks
Finally, I don't think Microwaving food in Styrofoam is a safe practice.

We cancelled our order and left! Very disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

S. Central PA
“Really good BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I can't say enough good things about the food. The ribs are done perfectly, fall off the bone style with a choice of with or w/o sauce, same with the chicken ,and pit beef. It's just a small hut , so it's best for take-out.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North, South Carolina
“WOW What a find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Found this little BBQ Hut while in Chamberburg for a dog show. Man did we get lucky. I'm from the south and know what good BBQ is and this was spectacular. I haven't had ribs this good for many many years. They were melt in your mouth delicious!! Prices were reasonable and service was friendly, accomadating and effecient. They didn't have a combo platter but the owner made one up for me. I just can't say enough good things about this place. It;s in a little bitty place that's more suitable for take out but they do have a few tables to eat at. The owner is a caterer and has just recently opened this place to serve the public. I look forward to my next visit to the area and the chance to eat there again

• Visited October 2012