“I love steak!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“I love steak!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I am a bit of a steak snob though and decided several years ago that I would only order filet out. While other cuts are bigger, I prefer the smaller more tender cut. One of the things that I like about the Roadhouse is that they doing put a lot of spices, sauces or seasoning on the steak so you can really taste the meat. Love the baked sweet potatoes too as well as the rolls and peanuts. Honestly, I'm pretty sure that they built the Roadhouse just for me. Lol. It isn't a quiet romantic place. There's country music and lots of chatter going on. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal though and the one thing I would recommend is to go early or late because it gets crowded.

Burlington, Massachusetts
“Too Salty!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I had the steak medallion and wife had Salmon. Both packed with sodium, all you could taste!!! Staff was great but there forget it food, won't be back

Visited July 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Tasty food served in a loud atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the La Quinta down the street and this place looked like it would be a good place to take the family for dinner. Even though it was busy for a Sunday night, we were seated quickly and service was quick and friendly. The food was very tasty and very filling. The only drawback is that it is EXTREMELY loud...quiet conversation is not possible and you almost have to yell to be heard. I would recommend this place for a lively evening but not for a romantic getaway.

Visited July 2014
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
“The best steakhouse period !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Steak that melts in your mouth. Great food and service. Loved everything except the extremely loud music.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“June 2014 visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were here for a softball tournament and Texas Roadhouse is typically one of our favorite chain restaurants. Although the decor, staff, and upbeat atmosphere was the same as all the other Roadhouse restaurants we have visited across PA and MD, the food quality at the Chambersburg location was the worst we have ever experienced. The meats were tough and overcooked, the cheeseburger buns were either stale or toasted to the point that they were like large crutons. The mixed drinks were extremely weak, too. Because we were tired after a long day of playing softball, and we will not be back to Chambersburg for a couple of months we did not complain to the wait staff. But we were extremely disappointed to the point that we will probably not return again for a long, long time.

• Visited June 2014