“Pulled pork for days.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Cape Coral, Florida
“Pulled pork for days.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Have always loved Texas Roadhouse and it was nice to see one pop up in Chambersburg after I've left. Ate there with my brother and a few other people and it was reasonable. The rolls and cinnamon butter are so addicting. Ordered the pulled pork with mashed potatoes and a salad. They give you a tremendous amount of pulled pork and I couldn't even finish it.

I don't know if many the waitresses have a side deal with Diet Coke, but they kept coming and at one point one of our party had 2 full and one half full glass of Coke. It was ridiculous.

Visited November 2012

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Finally a Steak house!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We have a large family and one visiting from out of town. My son really wanted to try out the new steak house with his grandfather. So Friday night was the night we choose. Wow were they packed. Call ahead seating is available but we wanted to sit and eat the free peanuts while we waited. The wait was about 40 minutes which was not bad for that night. We were seated and our server Brittany came and introduced herself to us. She was still learning but I am fine with that. She was friendly and pleasant. The drinks took awhile to get to us but the food came out pretty quick. My only complaint on my food was that I had the kabobs and the vegies were pickled. Would much prefer fresh vegies grilled. YUK! Meat was awesome! Margarita on the rocks was ok. Because they are newly opened and so busy I know they have to move people in and out quickly but that makes it feel like a cattle processing plant. We will definitely go back after the peanut shells settle and give it another go. But for now our thanks to Brittany and thank goodness for a decent place to eat here!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
PA
“Simply Superior”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Texas Roadhouse just opened up in Chambersburg, PA. Two days before opening, my husband and I went to their "practice dinner" he'd received an invitation to. It was to help the staff perfect their work before the restaurant actually opened. In other words, trying to make a great impression to bulk up business.

The restaurant has a good location, with entrances from two roads. It's near (and within walking distance) of several nicer hotels, but has pretty ample parking.

When you enter the restaurant, you're immediately greeted by not only a smiling hostess, but to your left, a meat case. It looks like a mini butcher shop. There they have laid out their handcut steaks, ready to be cooked just the way you like it. They're all attractively displayed, trimmed well, and pretty appetizing, as far as raw meat goes. The hostess grabs your menus and a basket of fresh baked, hot rolls with a divine sweet cinnamon butter, and seats you. At your table, you get a bucket of peanuts and an empty bucket for the shells. You start your meal munching before you even know what you want!

The booths and tables are all raised off of the floor, which may make it difficult for a handicapped individual. I'm sure they have appropriate seating for those who require it, though. You can also sit at the bar if you choose. When we were there, loud country music blared from the speakers, almost too loud to carry on any lengthy conversation. Big TV's displayed various sports as well. We sat near the bar in a booth, directly down from the front door. A good people-watching seat, but very noisy.

The menu at Texas Roadhouse offers a variety of meat. Steaks are their signature, offering different styles, cuts, and sizes. For me, a 6 ounce filet was just right. My husband went for the much manlier 16 ounce. Other menu choices include burgers, chicken items, salads, and more. To wash down that meat, you can choose from numerous beers on tap in two different sizes. They also sell Margaritas, and from what I hear another patron say, "they're the best."

I ordered a well-done steak, and sure enough, not a hint of pink. As any well-done steak will be, it was on the drier side, but not lacking in flavor. And tender! Oh so tender! It's been a long time since I had a cut of meat with that high of quality.

My husband's 16 ounce porterhouse was medium-well, and the waitress had him cut it to ensure it was cooked to his request before she left (that way they can throw it back on the grill right away instead of getting a whole new cut). It was pinker than he usually takes it, but he accepted it. He ordered it smothered with grilled mushrooms. He thoroughly enjoyed it. Just a few chunks of fat to trim, that was it. He kept exclaiming how tender it was and how wonderful the flavor was.

Both of us ordered steak fries with our steaks. The fries are thick-cut, pretty tasty. They'd put too much salt and seasoning on them for my taste, so next time I think I'd order them plain. But otherwise very good. I also had a Ceasar salad, which came out first, and was quite good. The dressing was already on it, and a lot of fresh-grated Parmesan cheese on top. The Romaine lettuce was so very fresh, not a speck of brown or wilted areas. It was pretty large, too. My husband's other side was fresh steamed vegetables (broccoli and baby carrots) and he ordered it smothered in melted cheese.

As far as prices go, not too bad. Dinners seem to be pretty average for this type of food in that kind of restaurant, nothing out of the ordinary. Just watch out, they'll offer you extras like the mushrooms on your steak or cheese added to side dishes, and remember, that adds to the cost!

All in all, it was a great experience and a great meal. The service was wonderful (but then again, it was first impression night). This is a location I'll recommend if you're looking for a great steak. Truly, if every steak they serve is like the ones we had, they'll run out of steers! Incredibly tender, flavorful, and just delicious.

I would not recommend bringing small children, though. This is simply because it's very loud and lots of stimuli in the restaurant, and small children are likely to not enjoy it. But it is suitable for couples, family with older children, friends, or even co-workers.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“down home cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

this resturant is clean, has nice staff, has good food at reasonable prices and you get your monies worth. It's very popular. I serves down home cooking. You do not walk away still hungry and you don't have to break the bank. I highly recommend this resturant

Visited October 2012
Delson, QC
“Open October 29, 2012”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were there, but at the time it was not open yet. We did get inside and talk to an employee. The decor inside is very warm and nice. We will go back to taste the food the next time we are in that area.

Visited October 2012