“Excellent for the kids and adults, too!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 132 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This restaurant is a classic Italian pizzeria style. Waitress and sit down eating along with take out and delivery.
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Excellent for the kids and adults, too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

First I would like to point out that this is the Caretti's on Rt 11, not the one on 30 by the Walmart. Two different owners, two different restaurants!
This one has a nice sized dining area and a large ready-to-order pizza counter. We can take the kids here to get their pizza fix, while the adults can enjoy some excellent homemade Italian. Salads and good and fresh, although with packaged dressing, the bambino pizzas are the kids favorites, and their cheese steak is mmm mmm good. Very friendly staff, excellent food and good atmosphere. Their takeout business is very busy, too. Soda is either fountain or bottled if you prefer.

They also deserve kudos for dealing well with unusual requests...sometimes my son wants nothing but sauce on his pizza, and they happily oblige him, even if he only wants one slice.

• Visited October 2012

Southeast Michigan
“Good Pizza worth the Drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We followed the map outside of town and found Caretti's in a almost empty strip mall. Wow, totally worth the effort to find it! Great pizza, New York style (we live in Michigan, home of the square and slightly doehy crust) with fresh toppings and good sauce (the sauce makes or breaks a pizza, no?). It's a small place with just a few tables but travels have taught us that these are usually the best joints to get a great meal. We were not disappointed. After traveling all day, their great pizza hit the spot, and we had some left over to take back to the hotel room for a late night snack- yum. Would return for sure.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Best pizza in Chambersburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Best pizza in town. Staff and facility need improved.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Glenn Dale, MD
“Competent Italian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I traveled to Chambersburg on my way between two small PA ski resorts. With only one meal to be had in Chamberburg, I didn't want to make a mistake. First, I should state that Caretti's is away from the main drag of Chamberburg. When my gps told me that I had arrived at Caretti's, a wall of darkness was on my right and a darkened strip mall was on my left. In this darkened strip mall was one set of lights. Lo and behold, it was Caretti's. A reader should mke a decision from one reveiew as I had pasta with sausage while you may be looking for pizza. My dish was well prepared and the sausage was generous. The salad was very well prepared with fresh mushrooms. Now, I would go to this restaurant if I lived in the area but it was nearly 5 miles from my hotel on Rt 30. So next time, I will try somewhere else.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Boulder, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Truly Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Get there around 11:00 AM if you want to beat the lunch rush!
Awesome choices for ready pizza slices that are huge and delicious.
The Calzones are worth waiting for, as they are made fresh. Lasagna is stacked!
The place has great atmosphere.

• Visited October 2011