“Another Hotel with Great Customer Service!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
McDonald, Pennsylvania
“Another Hotel with Great Customer Service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was an extremely late arrival for us, but the desk clerk was personable, friendly and very accommodating when we arrived. I normally remember the names of such great people, but with all the travelling I did that week, I feel bad I forgot her name, but it's still worth mentioning that she was fantastic. I know she was working the overnight shift because it was after 3am when we finally got there. The room was clean, much larger than I expected, and a nice place to crash for the night. While my travels didn't provide me much opportunity to really experience all the hotel had to offer, it was definitely worth the money and at the end of the day, the customer service made all the difference in the world.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Barbara M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much Mr. McDonald for such a wonderful review. Anna our night auditor is one of our greatest assets which most people don't get to know. She was so excited when I read your kind words to her. Our Exec. Housekeeper as well was elated that you even noticed the cleanliness of the rooms at such a late time at night. We have an amazing staff of very caring people and we love when it is noticed.

Barbara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Tiverton, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Chambersburg, PA. We had a stay that provided an extremely good experience. We were on a road trip during a vacation week and decided to stop by Gettysburg for an historical tour of the area. We had already been on the road for four (4) days, had stayed at other motels, and were becoming quite wary of traveling. The welcoming atmosphere, and the cleanliness and top notch condition of the motel melted our wariness away. Our selection of Candlewood Suites was a random choice that was primarily based on being pet friendly. Barb (motel manager) was very friendly and pet friendly herself. Our Bella was offered a treat and a friendly pat. We felt like we were visiting family!
The room was a spacious suite with a full kitchen and included anything we needed - even a package of popcorn in the microwave.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Barbara M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
What a great review you gave us. Meeting your family was the highlight of our day, and we loved having Bella with us as well. I have the best job in the world, getting to meet great people traveling through the area. We really hope you will stop by again and visit our family.
Essex, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2015

Having never stayed at Candlewood, I accepted a friend's recommendation.
Barbara Motichka, General Manager, made me feel welcome from her first "hello" when I called to reserve. From arriving to check in to checking out, everyone was kind and helpful. My room was very clean and comfortable. The entire staff was beyond helpful with directions even to the point of which lane of travel I should use for safe turns, etc. as well as with restaurant dining suggestions.
I definitely will stay again on my next trip in that direction and will try others on my trip west just to see if they measure up to the bar set by Barb and her staff.
My compliments to Barb and her staff.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Barbara M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, April 3, 2015
We loved having you stay with us and I am so glad you enjoyed being with us. Our team all enjoyed having you be a part of family while you were here. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to having you stay here again. Please thank your friend as well for recommending us.
Cleveland, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2015

Kids loved the pool and I loved the mini kitchen. I did have trouble with the key not working. Each time I left the room I had to have front desk attendant re activate the key, or my husband stayed in room to let me back in. The kitchen was full of dishes that would be needed to cook small meals, and the full size fridge and freezer was really nice.

Room Tip: try to find a coupon or deal. For a 1 night stay we paid $120. compared to $80 at other hotels in ar...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know the kids enjoyed the pool. Our maintenance man has checked all the locks and they are all back to normal again. We are sorry you experienced that problem. Stop by and see us again.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2015

I was surprised by the quality of service and the value received compared to all other hotels. I enjoyed my stay so much that I sought the Candlewood Suites out at Williamsport, PA on my continued travels. Again I found the staff there to be of exceptional quality and offered a good value for the accommodations. I am sold on the Candlewood Suites. Thank you all for your effort.

Room Tip: They offer excellent discounts for business travelers.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Barbara M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, February 25, 2015
Thank you for the wonderful compliments. Our team works very hard to make our guest feel like they are at home from the front desk to the housekeeping staff. We are glad you had a wonderful stay with us and also at the next Candlewood. Please stop by again if you are in the area.
Temple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2015

I was staying there while doing my nursing clinicals. The lady that opens the dining room came in early over the weekend so that me and my cohorts could have a hot breakfast. She came in an hour early sat and sun, just to make our stay more pleasant!

Thanks so much
Jo-Ann

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Barbara M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, February 6, 2015
Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate you staying with us, come back soon.
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

This hotel is run by Barbara and is one of the best I have EVER stayed at. The hotel and all of the staff are top notch. Rooms are very clean and shower pressure is great.
Barbara remembered me by name although I had not been there for 4 months.
Restaurants are very near by and you have many choices from sushi to steaks and everything in between.
Remember to turn your ice machine on in your room if you expect to put some ice in your coolers!

Thanks again Barbara for a wonderful stay, I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Barbara M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, January 26, 2015
Thank you so much for this review. We try to remember all our guests. We are very lucky to have such a great group of people here that love their jobs, and it shows, which makes my job easier and gives me more time to mingle with the guests. I am very fortunate. We look forward to having you as a regular visitor every year.

Been to Candlewood Suites Chambersburg? Share your experiences!