“Beautiful property, great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful property, great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

When I checked in Kathryn was super sweet she went out of her way to answer all of questions and provided the best service. More people need to be like she is sweet friendly and always smiling. We would definitely recommend this property to everyone we know that is traveling thru the Chambersburg area. Great pool and work out facility and even a little store what more could you ask for.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our home away from home. I will share your comments with my staff immidietly. We take such pride in our property and the staff treats everyone like they are family. We want you to feel free like your own home. We can not wait to see you again in the near future.

Kathryn Berdanier General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Upon my arrival I was greeted by a very kind and courteous women working the front desk. She helped me find local restaurants as well as venues that I had to go for business. Throughout the week she was always there whenever I needed assistance and if she was unavailable the rest of the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. At the end of my stay I wanted to let the manager know what a wonderful staff they have and I was informed that the kind woman that had helped me out was the manager. I've never seen a hotel where the manager was that involved with the guests and day-to-day routine of the hotel, it was refreshing to see. I will definitely be staying there the next time I'm I'm town.

• Stayed February 2013
Kathryn Berdanier General Manager
United, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at the Candlewood while attending a concert at nearby Shippensburg University. From check in to check out the stay was great. The rooms were as clean as could be. The beds were so comfy and the bathroom was huge. We had a 1 bedroom suite and it was huge.
The indoor pool had the perfect temp. and was crystal clear as was the hot tub.
The hotel is situated next to a plaza with several places to eat, including Texas Roadhouse, Fudruckers. Also, less then a quarter mile is a shopping center with a Kohls, Giant grocery and a Sheetz.
This is a great hotel to stay if you are visiting Shippensburg area. It was less than 15 minutes away to attend our concert.
I would not hesitate to stay here again while in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, February 27, 2013

Lee Lemelman GM
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I started staying at Candlewood in Chambersburg ever since they first opened. Lee, the general manager, was quick to make us feel right at home and very welcome. The hotel, even after the length of time it has been open, is still beautiful (I dare you try and find a flaw) and clean. The rooms are always clean, and fresh smelling as well. We love being able to stay in our room and actually COOK when we don't feel like going out - and the dishwasher is a major plus too! On top of that, we love the Candlewood Pantry (where we sneak down to get midnight snacks) and talk to Anna - the front desk attendant who feels like our long lost mother. She is sweet, kind, and never has a bad day. She's always smiles. During the daytime, Ty makes us feel at home as well - he's always AWESOME and ready and willing to help.

If you're looking for a wonderful HOTEL and EXPERIENCE. This is the place for you. Try it out and you won't regret it. My boyfriend and I will never stop travelling to our home away from home.

Room Tip: We love the room with a seperate bedroom and living area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you very much taking the time to review our home away from home property. We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us. Anna, and Ty and staff will be shown your wonderful compliments about them. We look forward to seeing you again.

From your hotel family.

Happy belated valentines day!!!
Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband & I never met a hotel we liked....UNTIL NOW! We stayed one night in a modern, clean (did I mention "clean"?!? Like, walk-in-your-bare-feet & not-afraid-to-smell-the-fresh-pillow clean!) studio room with 1 queen bed & a kitchen, complete with dishwasher. Friendly staff...wish we could have stayed a week!

Room Tip: A studio room allowed us to enjoy our own hot breakfast at our leisure & to save money on meals.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We take pride in making out hotel like your home environment. I will share your great comments with our staff. We can not wait til we welcome you home again. Happy new year. Lee Lemelman GM
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Over the Christmas holidays, I found myself driving from New England to the Carolinas and back again. The place that I'd always used as my halfway point got worse and worse each year, so I opted to try something different and used the coupon book at the Pennsylvania rest areas as a guide. Candlewood Suites looked to be what I needed, and in more ways than not, it was exactly so.

Located easily off I-81 via both exits 17 and 16, the hotel is located near two shopping plazas (one right next door, walkable, and the other a very short drive and filled with Target, Kohls, Starbucks, etc.) Within walking distance are several restaurants (Fuddruckers, a Japanese steakhouse, Moe's Southwest, a pizza place, a Texas Roadhouse, etc.). Having a full kitchen in the suite meant leftovers could not only be refrigerated, they could be re-heated without issue.

The hotel offers a concierge store, where any food/beverages or toiletries could be purchased on the room account, doing away with the vending machine system most use, and freeing one from needing money or change for machines. Free laundry room, exercise room, pool and jacuzzi are all clean, well-appointed and open reasonable hours.

Both rooms I stayed in were spotless and had no issues, and my use of the facilities was easy and effortless. The desk staff were extremely friendly, warm and welcoming, and quick with any helpful info a guest might ask for. The Wifi worked well in the rooms.

The only thing that kept this review from being a perfect five instead of a four was the bath linens (both in room and at the pool/jacuzzi). Although clean, they were very small and of some sort of scratchy material/weave. They took away from an otherwise perfect stay both directions of my trip. They won't be enough to deter future stops on my holiday travels, but it's not that difficult to provide comfortable bath towels. The bed linens were very good. Again, everything was clean, this is just a creature comfort I'm addressing.

All in all, I highly recomnmend this establishment.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
We are so proud of our hotel and team and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Happy new year and can not wait til we see you again. Your comments will be shared with our staff!

Lee Lemelman. GM
Spring Grove, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was going to the Chambersburg area for a few days and needed a place to stay, I gave Candlewood a try. Candlewood was a great home away from home. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The Candlewood is close by many different stores and eateries, several within walking distance or a short drive. I am already planning my next trip to Candlewood.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Lee L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us I will be sharing your comments with our staff. Lee Lemelman General Manager

Been to Candlewood Suites Chambersburg? Share your experiences!