“Finally a franchise that gets it right!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Connecticut
“Finally a franchise that gets it right!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Over the Christmas holidays, I found myself driving from New England to the Carolinas and back again. The place that I'd always used as my halfway point got worse and worse each year, so I opted to try something different and used the coupon book at the Pennsylvania rest areas as a guide. Candlewood Suites looked to be what I needed, and in more ways than not, it was exactly so.

Located easily off I-81 via both exits 17 and 16, the hotel is located near two shopping plazas (one right next door, walkable, and the other a very short drive and filled with Target, Kohls, Starbucks, etc.) Within walking distance are several restaurants (Fuddruckers, a Japanese steakhouse, Moe's Southwest, a pizza place, a Texas Roadhouse, etc.). Having a full kitchen in the suite meant leftovers could not only be refrigerated, they could be re-heated without issue.

The hotel offers a concierge store, where any food/beverages or toiletries could be purchased on the room account, doing away with the vending machine system most use, and freeing one from needing money or change for machines. Free laundry room, exercise room, pool and jacuzzi are all clean, well-appointed and open reasonable hours.

Both rooms I stayed in were spotless and had no issues, and my use of the facilities was easy and effortless. The desk staff were extremely friendly, warm and welcoming, and quick with any helpful info a guest might ask for. The Wifi worked well in the rooms.

The only thing that kept this review from being a perfect five instead of a four was the bath linens (both in room and at the pool/jacuzzi). Although clean, they were very small and of some sort of scratchy material/weave. They took away from an otherwise perfect stay both directions of my trip. They won't be enough to deter future stops on my holiday travels, but it's not that difficult to provide comfortable bath towels. The bed linens were very good. Again, everything was clean, this is just a creature comfort I'm addressing.

All in all, I highly recomnmend this establishment.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
We are so proud of our hotel and team and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Happy new year and can not wait til we see you again. Your comments will be shared with our staff!

Lee Lemelman. GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Spring Grove, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was going to the Chambersburg area for a few days and needed a place to stay, I gave Candlewood a try. Candlewood was a great home away from home. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The Candlewood is close by many different stores and eateries, several within walking distance or a short drive. I am already planning my next trip to Candlewood.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Lee L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us I will be sharing your comments with our staff. Lee Lemelman General Manager
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Shortly before our scheduled visit, I had the need for a wheelchair which I normally would not have to use long term. Because of this, I didn't book a wheelchair accessible room in advanced. Upon check-in, we were warmly welcomed by an EXTREMELY friendly and accommodating staff. The manager on duty (I believe) made it his priority to see that I was taken care of and upgraded me to an accessible room. My husband and I were very appreciative of his generosity and helpfulness. Our room was wonderful - clean, beautiful modern decor and best of all accessible. I would like to thank all of the friendly and helpful staff that we had the pleasure of encountering during our stay. My husband and I were just in awe of how great our stay was. We will most definitely stay at this particular Candlewood Suites again in the future and will also continue to rave about it to our friends and family. Thanks again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. We will share your comments with our staff. We hope to see you again.
Lee Lemelman General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had the best service I could ask for. The moment I walked in the hotel I was great by a friendly front desk clerk. I had a speedy check in and all my questions were answered. After I was checked the nice lady gave me exact directions to get to my room and told me where everything else was too. She had also told me that if I needed anything else all I needed to do was call. When my husband and I got to our room it was beautiful and clean. We were very impressed. I had to call down to the front desk cuz we needed a couple more towels. I told her I would be right down for them and before I could even leave the room there was a knock at the door and she was there with my towels. I will definitely recommend that people stay at your hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take pride in how present ourselves. We will share you comments with our staff. Thank you again.

Lee Lemelman General Manager
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Friendly, HELPFUL front desk service. The property is relatively new so things are fairly clean/new in condition. Plenty of parking. After reading the poor reviews, frankly, we were concerned. I'm happy to report that our experience was very different - very good. We like that there is a laundry onsite - no cost to use the machines. Bring your own detergent. The workout room was good sized and the equipment worked. *BONUS* :) There's a Fuddruckers in the plaza

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take pride in our services we provide. We hope to see you again.

Lee Lemelman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Hotel was very clean and was able to use the free laundry and relaxed in the jacuzzi. The hotel operations manager suggested fuddruckers to eat and was right next to hotel. My room had a full kitchen I used to make some tea. Thanks for a grear stay and we will be back.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our home away from home. We hope to see you again. We will share all comments with our staff. Lee Lemelman General Manager
Tinicum, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel because of it's relatively close proximity to Gettysburg for two nights for our wedding anniversary(Oct. 13th & Oct. 14th of 2012). We booked the King Suite. Upon arriving and entering our room, we were disappointed to see that the room not only hadn't been tidy up at all, but the toilet was broken and filled with bloody toilet paper. We called the front desk and the young girl working came up(the ONLY person the entire weekend who was helpful BTW) and expressed her sympathy and asked us if we would move to a two-bed suite(not as nice as the one we booked, but whatever) for the night and they would get us moved into a King suite the next morning. The next morning comes and my wife calls the front desk, explains the situation and is told, "well since you booked through a 3rd party, we can't guarantee that we can move you." After speaking with a supervisor, we were told that room service was busy cleaning and they'd call us when our new room was ready. At noon, we decided to go get lunch at a nearby restaurant and I left my cell phone # at the front desk to be notified as soon as our room was ready. I told them we had plans and did not want to spend our entire anniversary waiting around. We asked if our stuff would be safe in the room while we were away. They assured us that'd it be fine. At about 2 o'clock we returned to the hotel from lunch and were told that the room was still not ready. When we get back up to the room, our keys had been deactivated. We had to go back down and get our keys re-activated so we could enter the room. At about 3, my wife walked out of our room and asked the housekeeper if the king suites had been cleaned yet. She was told yes. Upon hearing this information, my wife called down to the front desk, where a young man answered, and asked if our room was ready. He said it was and asked us to come pick up the keys. When we arrived at the front desk to get our keys, the young man apologizes to us and says "your room was ready at 2, I don't know why they didn't call to notify you." Needless to say, this was the first and last time I will be staying at this particular hotel.

Room Tip: They have no 24 hour maintanence and you have to pay extra for daily housekeeping.