“It was one of the best hotels I have stayed in.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
“It was one of the best hotels I have stayed in.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I had the best service I could ask for. The moment I walked in the hotel I was great by a friendly front desk clerk. I had a speedy check in and all my questions were answered. After I was checked the nice lady gave me exact directions to get to my room and told me where everything else was too. She had also told me that if I needed anything else all I needed to do was call. When my husband and I got to our room it was beautiful and clean. We were very impressed. I had to call down to the front desk cuz we needed a couple more towels. I told her I would be right down for them and before I could even leave the room there was a knock at the door and she was there with my towels. I will definitely recommend that people stay at your hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Lee L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take pride in how present ourselves. We will share you comments with our staff. Thank you again.

Lee Lemelman General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Friendly, HELPFUL front desk service. The property is relatively new so things are fairly clean/new in condition. Plenty of parking. After reading the poor reviews, frankly, we were concerned. I'm happy to report that our experience was very different - very good. We like that there is a laundry onsite - no cost to use the machines. Bring your own detergent. The workout room was good sized and the equipment worked. *BONUS* :) There's a Fuddruckers in the plaza

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take pride in our services we provide. We hope to see you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was very clean and was able to use the free laundry and relaxed in the jacuzzi. The hotel operations manager suggested fuddruckers to eat and was right next to hotel. My room had a full kitchen I used to make some tea. Thanks for a grear stay and we will be back.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our home away from home. We hope to see you again. We will share all comments with our staff. Lee Lemelman General Manager
Tinicum, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel because of it's relatively close proximity to Gettysburg for two nights for our wedding anniversary(Oct. 13th & Oct. 14th of 2012). We booked the King Suite. Upon arriving and entering our room, we were disappointed to see that the room not only hadn't been tidy up at all, but the toilet was broken and filled with bloody toilet paper. We called the front desk and the young girl working came up(the ONLY person the entire weekend who was helpful BTW) and expressed her sympathy and asked us if we would move to a two-bed suite(not as nice as the one we booked, but whatever) for the night and they would get us moved into a King suite the next morning. The next morning comes and my wife calls the front desk, explains the situation and is told, "well since you booked through a 3rd party, we can't guarantee that we can move you." After speaking with a supervisor, we were told that room service was busy cleaning and they'd call us when our new room was ready. At noon, we decided to go get lunch at a nearby restaurant and I left my cell phone # at the front desk to be notified as soon as our room was ready. I told them we had plans and did not want to spend our entire anniversary waiting around. We asked if our stuff would be safe in the room while we were away. They assured us that'd it be fine. At about 2 o'clock we returned to the hotel from lunch and were told that the room was still not ready. When we get back up to the room, our keys had been deactivated. We had to go back down and get our keys re-activated so we could enter the room. At about 3, my wife walked out of our room and asked the housekeeper if the king suites had been cleaned yet. She was told yes. Upon hearing this information, my wife called down to the front desk, where a young man answered, and asked if our room was ready. He said it was and asked us to come pick up the keys. When we arrived at the front desk to get our keys, the young man apologizes to us and says "your room was ready at 2, I don't know why they didn't call to notify you." Needless to say, this was the first and last time I will be staying at this particular hotel.

Room Tip: They have no 24 hour maintanence and you have to pay extra for daily housekeeping.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Nick D,

Thank you for your stay with us and taking the time to give feedback. I am happy to know that our location was suitable enough for your needs. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with our staff and the room accommodations you were given. These issues will be addressed and I appreciate you bringing these matters into our attention as this is our best resource of improving guest satisfaction. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Edinboro, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

While the rooms are very well furnished and would be ideal for the long-term guest or family, for a one- or two-night stay it's expensive and services are not ideal. There is a full-sized refrigerator with ice-maker in the room but no other ice machines are available. So, if you need ice immediately, you are out of luck. Also, unless you stay for 5 nights, there is no housekeeping until the 4th night. Other amenities in the rooms are a small range, full-sized microwave, table service and coffee-maker. Of course, with these amenities, there is no breakfast served in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We apologize we didnt meet your expecations. WE are striving to be the best in the area. I will personally share all your comments with your staff. We hope you will give us another try.

Stafford, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have stayed here 3 separate times, once for a night and twice for five nights. There are a lot of locals living here, and they treat the place like home...like they own it and don't need to respect other guests. Twice on a Sunday I have been woken up around 6 from kids running up and down the halls, and I think a party. The room is always clean when I arrive and the week days are mostly quiet. All three rooms I stayed in have a bright blue lit temperature control panel that doesn't dim at night, and the staff just told me that I'd get used to it. There are a lot of pets inside and the same room obviously has a smoker in it on the first floor, all three times I was there. Also no breakfast.

They now have a policy not to clean your room at all until you reach 7 days. I would usually be fine with that, but the dumpster area is really hard to open and I had a hard time getting more trash bags. I tend to eat in the room all week, so I generate trash.

During the week nights its a typical overnight hotel. Which make these details not worth putting up with since I'll be back in the area a lot.

Room Tip: I would get a 3rd floor room...lots of kids running in the halls would be hard to ignore above you.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
WE apologize for any not meeting any of your expectations. WE are always there to assist you during your stay with our 24 hour front desk. Please do give us antoher try as I personally guarantee you will be satisfied. I am sharing your comments with our staff.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We, my husband and I, were suppose to get away to a BB in Woodstock new york. At the last min 830 pm friday, the BB lost our reservations and would not honor of reservations.....another story entirely.
We called the Candlewood Suites at 10pm asking for reservations. My father in law lives here, 6 hours from us in New york. Chrissy who works at the front desk and answered my call, was totally ready and able to help us from the moment she said hello. She was pleasant, patient, and was really interested in saving my weekend with me. I had a surprise homemade 5 star dinner sitting in my trunk ready to be eaten by a stream in woodstock. We settled for a river off of 88west on the way to PA......it was great.
She was one of the best customer service calls I have ever experienced. We didn't get the chance to actually meet her in person, unfortunately, yet she started our brand new trip off perfectly!!!!! I booked the room only because she was so nice and professional.
The room was a good size, bathroom was really nice size as well. Everything was new. Its a fairly new hotel. They also have a pool and a jacuzzi in a cute little green house type thingy.
I also want to thank Ty for helping me figure out where to find info on Gettysberg....Boy that was interesting.He tried so hard to get me info on the civil war reenactments. One would think the web would be loaded with info but it was not. Being a photographer I needed a schedule of events. He was also very patient and went above and beyond to help me.
It is a clean hotel in a good area. All the staff were great!!! There is also many places to eat right by the hotel. We went to the Japanese place right next to the hotel. Yummy!!!
Thank You!!!! We will be back!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Chambersburg? Share your experiences!