“great staff great location great property” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 16 hotels in Chambersburg
boston
“great staff great location great property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I travel for business often and this property was great not only for me but my family. We even went to Fridays restaraunt that was located less then 1 mile from the hotel. Even was happy with Fridays service. The hotel had an indoor pool for the kids and I enjoyed the jacuzzi while they were in pool. The room had a dvd player in it with free kids movies I signed out at the front desk. The full kitchen was great but I didnt need it since it was a short trip. The front desk had my keys ready upon arrival and even gave me a coupon for being a priority club member for a free snack in there store. Thanks again for providing me and my family a clean safe place to stay. And wow what a florida boom around hotel with everything so close. Thank you

Room Tip: if you need a full kitchen and dont want to go out this is the place for you....everything so new an...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lee L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for the great review. From our family to yours we wish a happy and safe holiday season and we hope to see you again

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Everywhere U.S.A.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

As a platinum elite member with the IHG Hotel system this Bothers me to write a Negative review on a Property.
Most certainly the Negatives of this Hotel fall solely on Ownership and "So called Management" !
This is a Terrific property,Great Building. However Management is Unconcerned,Unresponsive,Undertrained and Down Right Rude (Yes,You LEE).
I checked in on Sunday the 16th of Sept. Paying for 1 night and my Employer would pay for the rest of my 3 month stay,Within 2 hours of my arrival the Hotel had billed my debit card 4 times,twice for my 1 night stay at $59.95 and twice for a 1 week stay at $419.65.
On Monday morning my Wife contacted our Bank and had 1 of each charges reversed, and the So called "Operations Manager" had the other weekly charge removed.
On Monday evening the Hotel charged my debit card $419.65 and The Company I work for $419.65.
On Tues. morning my wife had our bank reverse the $419.65 charge and the Hotel said they took our debit card out of thier system. On Tues.evening the Hotel billed my debit card for $59.95 and $419.65 both of which cleared my bank Weds. morning.
I checked out of this Hotel Weds morning with the so called"Operation Manager" telling me they didn't charge my card. I then gave her a copy of my bank statement showing a cleared charge of $419.65 at which time She supposedly issued me a refund (Have not seen it yet) and said they had made a mistake.
During this whole 4 day ordeal I constantly asked to see or speak to the "General Manager (LMAO)" and to this day have yet to have gotten a call from him (Yes,YOU LEE).
Stayed at this Hotel when it was Brand New Last December and the" Manager" (LEE) was in the Hotel's hot-tub every night with some girl .
This place is a Joke PAY CASH, Don't deal with the Hotel !!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lee L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear guest.
When you arrived to the hotel you gave us your credit card and didn't notify us that it was not supposed to be charged. I understand and apologize for the confusion. We did credit your credit card and the operational manager said she handled the credit and apologized to you. If you need to contact the hotel at any time there is a manager on duty 24 hours. We also issued you priority club points for the miscommunication. Again we apologize and do hope you give us another try.
Salem, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Never heard of this chain of hotels but won't likely forget it. If you've never stayed at one and find one near where you are laying over, do not miss this opportunity. Suites are large. Living area, office area, full kitchen, large bathroom and the bedroom is huge with very comfortable bed. We are a convert. This is normally an extended stay place but free laundry , business office, pool, jacuzzi, work out room.... what more can you ask for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Maine1231
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Spent one night at the Candlewood Suites Chambersburg PA. Seems like a new hotel, rooms were spotless, beds comfortable, had a 2 queen studio. The room had a big recliner, desk w chair, small kitchen w a full size refrig, good size bath room. There are a couple of grills - I believe they are gas grills- in an outside gazebo area w seating, nice pool area. walking distance to some restaurants. We ate at MOE's - somewhat like a Chiptole - the food was good and reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Caribou, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Wonderfull stay in summer 2012. Brand new hotel. Everything was fresh, clean and unbroken. Very nice for a hotel in the price range. Price to quality ratio very high. Only negative was that the people in the room above allowed their kids to rampage at 2 AM, waking us -- comes with the price range.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear MarkR74658,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad you liked your room accommodations and felt you got a good value for your stay. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. I apologize for any inconvenience the noise from our other guests caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Crescent Springs, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We found a coupon in the PA Coupon book and used it. Staff was very accommodating - friendly and helpful. Great bed! Free WIFI, nice indoor pool (water is too warm for my liking - it was like bath water). clean and attractive room - kitchenette - but be warned you get 1 bag of coffee that makes maybe 3 cups, and then it's down the hall for refills. There are NO freebies here - but for the coupon price of $70 it was well worth it. Lots of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Lots of workers here for long stays. But, our room was quiet, comfortable and we got a good rest.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lee L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank your for taking the time to review our property. Your compliments are much appreciated and will be shared with all our staff. Since we opened we are currently running at 98 percent cleanliness score on our guest surveys. We take pride in our property and treat it and our guests like this is there home. We look forward to seeing you again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Attempted to check in without a reservation in the evening. Was told only one unit left had two beds and started the checkin process. When I produced a legitimate discount cupon the tune changed and the clerk stated she had made a mistake and no two beded rooms were in fact available. Very unusual way to build a following in this newer operation,.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I apologize for the confusion at check in. we will share your comments with our complete front desk staff to assure this will not happen again. We hope you give us another chance as we take pride in the service we offer.

Lee Lemelman

Been to Candlewood Suites Chambersburg? Share your experiences!