“Great hotel but lousy desk personnel” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Chambersburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   199 Walker Rd, Chambersburg, PA 17201   |
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Jonesboro, United States
“Great hotel but lousy desk personnel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great facility but the young men working the desk need some training. Tried checking me in using another man's name and financial information. Overcharged me by $18 on checkout on the room rate. Couldn't fix it as I was "Checked out" prior to seeing the billing error. No manager on duty at 0645 and "maybe" due in in 20 minutes or so!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed here overnight during a July 4th visit to experience a Gettysburg War re-enactment. My wife and nine-year old were pleasantly surprised with the 2-room suite. It has a small indoor pool that we didn't use and a small exercise room that I did use. It has 3 or 4 cardio machines, an all-in-one weight machine, an exercise ball and a few small dumbbells. It was more than enough for me. Tony at the front desk was excellent - friendly and super helpful. The only negative I would report pertains to the pull-out sofa bed. You could feel the springs through the mattress. I put down a folded blanket under the sheets to provide a little cushioning before making the bed, but would have preferred a better sleeping surface for my son. Overall though it was a good experience and a a good price also.

Room Tip: Two-room suites are quite spacious and great for a family with a child
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LQ_GM6484, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Greg,

We appreciate your business and are happy to learn that you had a good stay with us.
Team La Quinta Chambersburg works hard everyday to keep up the customer service and cleanliness, comments like yours motivates the entire team.

Once again thanks for your review.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

When traveling with our 15 year old terrier, we tend to stay at the very pet-friendly La Quinta chain, when possible. Stayed here for two nights during our recent trip to Gettysburg. Fairly new hotel, friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms, oversize TV with DIRECTV HD channels, free WiFi and convenient location. Couldn't ask for much more, except, perhaps, a little wider selection and better maintenance of the breakfast bar. Regardless, we'd definitely stay here again if we ever came back to the area with our 'pup'.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Terre Haute, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was an excellent property. Clean, no perfume smell in the room, very comfortable bed, plenty of room in the bathroom, just a wonderful night's stay on our way to Gettysburg. We did not have our little dog with us on this trip, but we stayed at LaQuinta anyway because the value and the quality of the property was wonderful. We stayed at 5 different hotels on this trip, and this was the best value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I've stayed at several La Quinta hotels and have enjoyed my stays. I had hope for this hotel but was very disappointed. First: I was given a room where the key cards didn't work. I immediately had them replaced and the replacements didn't work. I was told that they would start working in 15 minutes! What?! At that point I told them: let somebody else be inconvenienced and give me another room. They changed my room but now the telephone didn't work. I got no dial or ring tone, and no voice either. Now front desk says they have to contact the hotel manager. Next they offered to upgrade my room [the third room mind you] but by then I was tired and didn't feel like moving again! Also, my friend, who stayed in another room said the water in her shower never got hot [2 days]. Finally, this is a pet friendly hotel. There were dogs everywhere! I forgot to ask about this when I booked. Generally I don't stay in pet-friendly hotels because some pet owners allow their pets to get on chairs and beds and although sheets are changed for the next room occupant, I'm sure bedspreads are not! I don't like that at all. Bottom line, I'll never stay at this hotel again! Ever!

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,

We have recieved your feedback from all different channels.
We appreciate your comments and have sent you an email with explanation as to what we feel has happenned.

On behalf of the entire team La Quinta Chambersburg we again apologize for the inconvenience.

townsend, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Very clean and roomy. We were traveling with our dog, and there was no extra charge for her. The hotel is pet friendly, and did not have any "pet" smells. there were sufficient areas to walk the dog. Breakfast was simple with hot eggs and sausage in addition to cereals and breads.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We have enjoyed our stays at LaQuinta. They never let us down. They always make us feel like this is our home away from home. Always helpful and thoughtful. No doubt we will stay again and again with them.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Chambersburg? Share your experiences!