My wife and I travel all over the world, making a point to stay at B&Bs whenever possible. They tend to offer a better feel for the area and more personalize service versus the chains or even boutique hotels. The Inn at Ragged Edge ranks as one of the best experiences we've had anywhere we've ever traveled.
Run by Fran, Lew and their daughter Amy, the inn is a beautiful structure originally designed by Frank Furness from the turn of the 19th century. The building's presence and details are remarkable. Fran and Lew are absolutely wonderful people and I watched them as they adjusted to each couple staying in the inn to ensure they were comfortable. For those wanting more interaction with their hosts, Fran and Lew had many stories about their travels and information about the area. For those looking to be more recluse, they accommodated that as well. Its a special talent.
We stayed in the Hearthside which was stunning. The room featured a warm color palate which played wonderfully with the fireplace and plush bedding. The bathroom featured a deep and large jetted tub while the closet was a large walk-in type with various shelves and storage areas. Perfect for a long weekend.
The upstairs lounge features 24/7 access to snacks and goodies along with a common TV, refrigerator and microwave. Our room also had a TV and cable so other than running in for a few cold drinks, we didn't spend too much time in the lounge.
Breakfast was a tasty 2 course affair including freshly baked breads and amazing eggs with spinach and sausage. The second morning we had pancakes and bacon which were very good. Both mornings also included a wonderful fruit cup.
I am so happy with our stay, we are already planning a family visit and even a corporate getaway for the business. I really can't express enough how wonderful this place is and how appreciative my wife and I are to Fran and Lew for making the stay so special.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Ragged Edge Hotel Chambersburg
- The Inn At Ragged Edge Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Begin to feel relaxed and welcomed as you step into this magnificent historic mansion near the town of Chambersburg, located in South Central Pennsylvania. The Inn at Ragged Edge is only 20 miles from Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. This house is truly amazing with its beautiful chestnut wood stairway adorned with hand carved designs. The dining room is stunning with its beautiful mahogany walls where a full course breakfast is served each morning. The Inn offers 9 spacious guest rooms all with private baths, king & queen size beds, flat panel TVs w/ DVD, air conditioning, and soft terry robes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Venere and Priceline so you can book your The Inn at Ragged Edge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.