“dw507” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Chambersburg

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Chambersburg to your Saves list
Days Inn Chambersburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   30 Falling Spring Road, I-81 & Route 30 Exit 16, Chambersburg, PA 17201   |
Ranked #13 of 16 hotels in Chambersburg
ny
“dw507”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Stayed 8/2011. Cleaning staff was friendly, however the dirty washclothes were not replaced with clean ones. We found roaches and upon leaving the 3rd night of stay we found two bedbugs full of my son's blood. I was sick all the way home, a four hour drive. My son was bitten on one side of his upper body and face. The bites welted so huge and blistered. Our vacation was awsome as we visited Gettysburge and the surrounding area, but was ruined after finding out what we slept with. I don't think I can sleep at another hotel again. So much for vacations.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Days Inn in Chambersburg while vacationing in Gettysburg. I can't say enough good about the hotel. Besides the fact that the hotel was the least expensive hotel I have ever stayed at, the service and staff was top-notch, the breakfast decent, and the swimming pool awesome. The bathroom any have been very small- but we didn't go there to bathe!
The hotel is literally right on Route 81 so it's easy to get to- but there is no traffic noise whatsoever in the hotel or rooms.
Chuck at the Front Desk also gave us a lot of tips on what to see- and avoid- in Gettysburg, which optimized out trip. John constantly stretched the pool hours so my daughter and I got extra swimming in.
Chambersburg is about a half-hour from Gettysburg so we were able to take in a lot of small shops between the hotel and Gettysburg, and the restaurants around the hotel are varied and plentiful.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget who wants a great vacation.
Thanks, John, Chuck and staff!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Athens, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night in early July. The evening desk clerk was gruff, but did his job. Our friends were given a room that was not yet ready although it was almost 4 pm when we checked in. The housekeepers were an elderly couple that indicated they had cleaned 42 rooms that day and changed 84 beds!! The rooms were passable for cleanliness, although the bed sheets looked like a mouse had eaten holes in them. The lobby, breakfast area and pool (furniture and pool) are in need of a cleaning from top to bottom. The garbage can in front of the hotel was overflowing in the morning. Just overall not a good feeling about the place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We checked in on 7/16/11 and we should have checked right out. I asked the front desk for a pillow case due to th fact that one of the pillows was missing one.The man at the desk huffed and went and got me a pillow case and I proceeded to say thank you with not even a reply back from this person.We asked about free wireless well that didn't work. The room was dirty the air conditioner didn't work well.The only reason we didn't check right out is our family was close buy and we where just there for the night . Needless to say none of us slept that nite we felt like bugs where on us. We woke up at the crack of dawn got dresed went to do a check of the room before checking out and found roaches in the dresser draw. Thank god we kept our clothes in the bags. WE will never go back there again and if you dont't want roaches in your home I would stay away from that Hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Orrville, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Rates are great , but non-smoking room reeked of a terrible musty odor , that clung to all my clothing that I had in the room. I must say room was clean and air conditioner worked great. Pool was enjoyable & clean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
New Castle, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We arrived in the afternoon with our family. Walked in the lobby and the "PUBLIC" bathroom had a out of order sign on it. But somehow the staff was using it. They had taken it over as a private restroom for the family living there running it. What a horrible decision to make when your guests are probably arriving needing a restroom before the 20 minute check in ordeal I went through. After we pleaded with them to let our kids use the restroom they finally said OK. Arrived in our room to the smell of a musty odor. Wall paper peeling off the walls, busted molding and stains on the carpet. It was 90 degrees outside and probably 88 in the room. We turned on the AC and set it for 65. We then left and headed to Gettysburg for a few hours. Arrived back at hotel and the room was down to a bone chililng 80. And that is where is stayed all night. Breakfast room was dirty and there were ants crawling on the counter by the waffle machine. I didn't even drink the coffee. Stale donuts and old cereal were the only other options but after listening to the other guests eating we decided to pack up and leave never to return. I guess you get what you pay for. Really cheap rate, but not worth the savings.

Room Tip: Stay Away
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Pros: The Manager/staff were friendly and courteous; Gettysburg was 25 mins. away.
Cons: The non-smoking room was musty and moldy smelling. Hotel looked old and needs upgradeing.
The room was clean including bathroom but the smell was a big turnoff and would not stay here again. Sub-average.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn Chambersburg? Share your experiences!