“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pennsylvania
“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

I am sitting in my room at this hotel writing this review. I read the most recent reviews on this hotel and would like to say that if you have a problem when you arrive it should be brought to the immedate attention of the hotel. Also, for the travelers who did not like the location---you should have inquired about the distance from this hotel to restaurants, the highway, etc.

Now for my review: I am in Chambersburg to visit my daughter who attends Shippensburg University (you get a discount). I stayed previous stays at a Best Western closer to the school but it was booked so I had to search for somewhere else and I'm glad I did. I called a few times inquiring about my reservation and each time the person on the other end of the phone was helpful and very friendly. When I arrived, the woman at the desk was very helpful. She helped us with finding a restaurant and gave us directions---very helpful. My room was on the 2nd floor and I have to agree with another traveler and say that the hallway did smell of smoke (which is why i took off one mark for cleanliness). However, the room did NOT smell like smoke at all and was very clean. Breakfast was fine---it's your typical continental breakfast and then some. As I started to make my waffle in the morning, someone came over to assist me---she was very helpful--she got me butter and took the waffle out of the pan for me. I happened to forget toothpaste I went to the desk with my waffle and all my condements and the front desk woman gave me toothpaste and said i should put my items in a plastic bag to make it easier and she helped me out as well. This hotel has excellent customer service! Everyone I came in contact with was very courteous and helpful. The Chambersburg Mall is a very short ride - the hotel is in the same parking lot. We drove just to the next exit on I-81 to go out to eat at a hibachi type restaurant and it was a 10-15 minute ride and there are many restaurants, Brusters, Target, etc. This was at exit 17 of I-81. I will always stay here when I come to Shippensburg even if it is a little further away from the college than the other hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad to hear you received excellent customer service from our staff. Please be sure to join us again on your next trip to Chambersburg. We would love to have you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Wrightsville GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

We had a wonderful suite, very large, loved the fact that we could have a large 2 room suite and a jacuzzi in room for $100. Other hotels in this area were the same price for a single small room with a queen size bed. Our king size bed was very comfortabe. The place was very clean and quiet. We enjoyed a free hot breakfast before continuing our trip. We'll time our next trip so we can stay here agin each night up and back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your survey and comments. We are glad we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable lodging. We look forward to being of service to you again when your travels bring you back to the Chambersburg area!
Western Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

A standard king nonsmoking room, comfortable bed, adequately furnished with clean bathroom properly supplied. There is a complementary computer workstation in the lobby which provides an internet access. There are chain eateries nearby (McDonalds, Bonanza) but had to drive three miles away to find another restaurant. This is because the site is a good five miles north of Chambersburg. The location was selected because of a very good rate for seniors and just about right for the end of a day's driving and not for the bright lights and excitement. The site is easily reached from I-81 and that about covers the local amenities. That being said, I would probably stay here again because of the quite good quality of the facilities and now knowing how to cope with the shortcomings of the locality.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor! We appreciate being able to provide a clean, comfortable, and relaxing stay to our traveling guests for a reasonable price. We look forward to welcoming you back to Chambersburg and hope you will stay with us again.
Machias, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

We stayed here for the night after driving about 700 miles on our way to Florida. We used the coupon from the traveler guide and got a lower rate ($57.) The room had two queen beds with an assortment of pillows with varying degrees of softness, and we got a very comfortable night's sleep. The room and bath were clean, but the toilet tissue roll had not been changed and there was no extra roll in the bathroom (a trip to the front desk to ask for more.) The room was on the second floor and was non-smoking, and the room itself smelled fine, but the upstairs hall smelled of stale smoke. There is a mall nearby with a Bonanza Restaurant, and a Gander Mountain store across the parking lot. McDonald's is within walking distance. The breakfast was poor (we stopped at a McD's within an hour of leaving.) We've stayed here two years in a row, and would probably stay again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for giving us your feedback and we are so pleased that your stay was very pleasing for you. My staff and I always strive to make our place a pleasant experiance for all our guests. My staff was very pleased to so your review. With being so close to Gettysburg it is great for your shopping trip. We look forward to seeing you again.

Kathy
Peterborough, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

Wanted to stay 4 nights here, but ended up switching back and forth between Sleep Inn and Comfort Inn, every other night, in order to receive 2 free nights. Ridiculous promotion could not be consecutive nights, so decided to beat them at their own game. However, now I can review both hotels and can honestly say that I'd stay here again and not at the Sleep Inn.

The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable with lots of pillows, they were turned down with a couple of mints on each. We had a table and chairs, fridge and microwave, and the sink and mirror were outside the bathroom...very handy in the morning when trying to get ready. We stayed in room 204 which was away from the noise of the Interstate.

Breakfast wasn't as good as most Comfort Inns. Fruit loops and raisin bran, eggs, instant oatmeal, bread, donuts, mushy delicious apples, juice and coffee. It was 45 minutes from the end of breakfast hours, and they ran out of several items which were not re-filled.

The stairwell to the second floor was not vaccuumed... the same fruit loops and candy all over the stairs were still there 4 days later. We had to shut the water to the toilet off at night as it ran constantly and toilet seat was broken, which we mentioned when we checked out.

The pool was closed for maintenance when we checked in. When we came back a couple of days later it was open and the clerk told us that it was warmer than usual. It wasn't cold, but the hot tub (as another reviewer mentioned) was not hot at all, so obviously that has not been fixed!!

Overall this hotel was much better than the Sleep Inn, and we would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

My husband and I are from NY and we were traveling back through the area and decided why not stay at Comfort Inn since they were advertising a lovely coupon rate of 56.99$. When we get there we met the front desk girl who checked us in and did seem interested in us what so ever. I was skeptic at first about staying at this hotel but we checked in. Later in the evening another front desk woman was there I would say around 5, she was very professional, charming, elegant and friendly. By far the MOST help even though she insisted she was new. So me and my husband go up to the room and this is where it all start, I notice the main lamp lying on the floor (lamp shade was bent) I am startled by this and decide to call the front desk to let her know it was not use that way I did not get held responsible. After awhile we get settled in and I notice my dog chewing on something, I became a little upset at this point when I realized it was the wrapper from the mints they put in the rooms that I did NOT touch. I thought maybe my husband might have ate one but came to realization later on in the day that he did not. As we go to pull the comforter back in the two queen sized bed room I noticed a mark on the comforter and that is what topped my level of cleanliness. I immediately went down to the front desk girl and explained to her all the events, she offered to change my room but I was already in the room and figured I would make the best of the events. She did give me a new comforter in exchange for the old one but I refused to sleep in that bed because who only knows what lied in it that day or the night before. Next, and yes I said next there is more; we go down to get in the jacuzzi and this is the main reason why I stayed at this hotel, to find out it is not hot. Again, I go to the front desk girl and that is when she confessed she is new and was told that it was not working properly earlier but might get hot in a few hours, we checked again and it was still not hot. I felt bad for the charming young lady for all my complaints, as she handled as best as she could. I advised her I would be down in the morning to make a complaint. I am in the hotel as of now and the only thing I can compliment them on is being pet friendly and the front desk lady. She is a keeper. The high speed internet is the best feature so far. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and will never stay here again if I am traveling back home. That is where it leads me to , what can go wrong next?

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

After a long day of driving, I want to relax with a glass of wine and a decent meal. Neither of the above was possible the night I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Chambersburg (actually NOT in Chambersburg -- about five miles up the road). It was a dry township, and the only food within walking distance was McDonald's. Finding a real restaurant meant getting back on the interstate -- the last thing in the world I want to do after driving all day. Some things about the room were clean, but I was very glad I had no need to touch the telephone (see attached picture). The breakfast was below average for Comfort Inn & Suites. The one good thing about the motel -- and this is a biggy to me -- was that the net connection was stable and reasonably fast.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!