“Quiet and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 16 hotels in Chambersburg
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
“Quiet and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our wedding night before we left to get on our cruise the next morning. We just wanted a nice clean place to sleep after a long day and a good nights rest so we could be ready to drive to port the following day. This hotel was perfect, the check in was fast the room was clean and it was really quiet.The room itself was awesome, there was a large jacuzzi and a big comfortable bed also a big bathroom. Overall the room was really large and for an extended stay there would be enough space to unpack and enjoy. The hotel also had a pool but since we got there late and left early we didn't get a chance to use it. I didn't have any complaints with the hotel or the room. Great location as well, very close to the Chambersburg Mall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Well let me just say CONGRAD\TULATIONS ON YOUR WEDDING! We thank you for taking extra time out of your trip to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We always try to make every visit a good experience and this is even better since you were on such an eventful trip! We hope that you will make us a regular stop on your journeys and wish you the best in your future.

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Oswego, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here one night as part of a long car trip. I was tired from a long day of driving but I was instantly cheered up by the friendly check in clerk. I asked for a quiet room away from the stairs or elevator. She chose one and it was perfect.

We had a really good night's sleep; there were many fewer cars in the lot when we left than there were when we checked in but we weren't awakened by car noises, shower noises, etc. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. The clerk who checked us out was just as friendly as the one who checked us in.

It is not a new hotel and some things are showing a little wear but it is clean and comfortable. Like some other reviewers, I found the Internet connection a little slow but it was adequate for email, checking the weather and planning the next day's travel.

On long trips, we often stop sooner or drive longer to spend the night at a hotel that has been a good experience. This hotel is now on my list of preferred stops.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We always welcome any opportunity to see what we are doing right and what we can improve on. We are planning lots of improvements so I look forward to the next time you stop by to see them, Thanks again and safe trip to you!

Montreal Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

on January 29 usually we stayed at Carlisle Sleep Inn and last year Chambersburg Sleep Inn from Montreal to Florida We took this Comfort Inn because they accepted same day cancellation for winter weather unpredictable, unlike the others now. Personel was very nice, helpful and cheery. At our request (wife has Parkinson) we had first floor room and close to amenities Little sound problem with the TV, within 10 minutes was resolved. Breakast was fine and the area comfortable for many people. Bed perfect, room clean. Wood furniture (table and chairs) looked a bit worn out, in need of new varnish. little living room with computer looked cosy (near front desk), even if we did not use it. The only minor draw back was internet was very slow.

Room Tip: making a request with reservations, they did their best to accommodate
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your review on our property. We always welcome special requests and do our best to accomadate them. I am glad that we were able to resolve the slight issue that you had. I will pass along your praise to my staff as it always means a great deal to them when we receive these. Thank you for choosing us this year and we hope to see you again on your future visits!

Stuart, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We travel back and forth from vt to va. We first stayed here because they are dog friendly. We were so pleased with the friendly staff,clean rooms and the quiet rooms that we seek out the comfort inn each time we make the trip. The breakfast is great and they start early so we can get back on the road,which we love. It is conveniently located to the interstate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your travels to give us your feedback! We certainly appreciate whenever we can have the opportunity to see what we are doing right and also improve on anything needed. I will definately pass on your praise to the staff. Please have a safe trip and we look forward to seeing you again.

Linden, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Every year I take a weekend trip to this area to get away and do some holiday shopping. Typically I stay closer to Gettysburg, but decided to try Chambersburg & this Comfort Inn. I was a little worried, as my last stay at a Choice Hotels room (reservation made online, sight unseen) did not fair so well. I was pleasantly surprised.

Although I did have a little difficultly finding the entrance to the parking lot, everything else was great. Their internet service was down, but I was informed of this immediately, so there was no surprise. My room was clean and inviting with only one small oversight (trash cans had not been emptied from previous guest). The front desk was very apologetic and seemed genuinely concerned. Breakfast was more than adequate and I would most definitely recommend this to place!

I may also note that although others have said to get a room facing opposite Gander Mtn and the highway, my room was on the second floor, the highway end facing Gander Mtn and I had a totally restful sleep (and I'm a light sleeper).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I am so pleased you were able to get rested after your travels. Thank you so much for helping other people see our property through your experience. We are glad we had this opportunity and look forward to your next visit should you be in the are. I apologize for not responding sooner i was having difficulty with my account. Safe travels to you!

North, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is my 2nd stay here, and it was even better this year, rooms were clean and fresh, staff was super friendly and accomodating, grounds well kept. Had a microwave and fridge. Fresh coffee always available in lobby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us! We appreciate your feedback and it helps us to meet the needs of our guests. We are pleased that we met your expectations. My staff and I look forward to you visiting us again and are thankful that you mentioned our many positives. Have a great holiday season and be safe.
Kathy Rowe
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Lobby and breakfast area was warmly decorated for Fall. Room was clean and seemed recently updated with newer furniture and carpet.

Pros: easy access off I-81
well maintained
clean rooms
comfy bed
adjacent to mall
microwave and refrigerator in room
elevator

Cons: 2nd floor room had lots of noise from I-81
older HVAC unit
breakfast was a little weak
no fitness center

Room Tip: First floor rooms near the front of hotel are quieter. Second floor rooms and rooms near rear of ho...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your very positive and helpful feedback on our hotel. Our goal here is to exceed our guests expectations and found your pros and cons very useful in reaching that goal. We are more than willing to accomadate most requests from our guests and welcome those pertaining to where in the hotel you would like to be placed. My staff loves to decorate and get into the mood for whatever season is upon us. Our maintenance department and housekeeping staff take great pride in the cleanliness and upkeep of our property. I have given them your comments and tips for them to see and they were very appreciative that you were so pleased with your stay. We are working on the areas that you mentioned and expect on your next trip through you will be delighted.

Kathy

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!