“will go again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 16 hotels in Chambersburg
Montreal Quebec
“will go again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

on January 29 usually we stayed at Carlisle Sleep Inn and last year Chambersburg Sleep Inn from Montreal to Florida We took this Comfort Inn because they accepted same day cancellation for winter weather unpredictable, unlike the others now. Personel was very nice, helpful and cheery. At our request (wife has Parkinson) we had first floor room and close to amenities Little sound problem with the TV, within 10 minutes was resolved. Breakast was fine and the area comfortable for many people. Bed perfect, room clean. Wood furniture (table and chairs) looked a bit worn out, in need of new varnish. little living room with computer looked cosy (near front desk), even if we did not use it. The only minor draw back was internet was very slow.

Room Tip: making a request with reservations, they did their best to accommodate
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your review on our property. We always welcome special requests and do our best to accomadate them. I am glad that we were able to resolve the slight issue that you had. I will pass along your praise to my staff as it always means a great deal to them when we receive these. Thank you for choosing us this year and we hope to see you again on your future visits!

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Stuart, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We travel back and forth from vt to va. We first stayed here because they are dog friendly. We were so pleased with the friendly staff,clean rooms and the quiet rooms that we seek out the comfort inn each time we make the trip. The breakfast is great and they start early so we can get back on the road,which we love. It is conveniently located to the interstate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your travels to give us your feedback! We certainly appreciate whenever we can have the opportunity to see what we are doing right and also improve on anything needed. I will definately pass on your praise to the staff. Please have a safe trip and we look forward to seeing you again.

Linden, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Every year I take a weekend trip to this area to get away and do some holiday shopping. Typically I stay closer to Gettysburg, but decided to try Chambersburg & this Comfort Inn. I was a little worried, as my last stay at a Choice Hotels room (reservation made online, sight unseen) did not fair so well. I was pleasantly surprised.

Although I did have a little difficultly finding the entrance to the parking lot, everything else was great. Their internet service was down, but I was informed of this immediately, so there was no surprise. My room was clean and inviting with only one small oversight (trash cans had not been emptied from previous guest). The front desk was very apologetic and seemed genuinely concerned. Breakfast was more than adequate and I would most definitely recommend this to place!

I may also note that although others have said to get a room facing opposite Gander Mtn and the highway, my room was on the second floor, the highway end facing Gander Mtn and I had a totally restful sleep (and I'm a light sleeper).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I am so pleased you were able to get rested after your travels. Thank you so much for helping other people see our property through your experience. We are glad we had this opportunity and look forward to your next visit should you be in the are. I apologize for not responding sooner i was having difficulty with my account. Safe travels to you!

North, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is my 2nd stay here, and it was even better this year, rooms were clean and fresh, staff was super friendly and accomodating, grounds well kept. Had a microwave and fridge. Fresh coffee always available in lobby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us! We appreciate your feedback and it helps us to meet the needs of our guests. We are pleased that we met your expectations. My staff and I look forward to you visiting us again and are thankful that you mentioned our many positives. Have a great holiday season and be safe.
Kathy Rowe
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Lobby and breakfast area was warmly decorated for Fall. Room was clean and seemed recently updated with newer furniture and carpet.

Pros: easy access off I-81
well maintained
clean rooms
comfy bed
adjacent to mall
microwave and refrigerator in room
elevator

Cons: 2nd floor room had lots of noise from I-81
older HVAC unit
breakfast was a little weak
no fitness center

Room Tip: First floor rooms near the front of hotel are quieter. Second floor rooms and rooms near rear of ho...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your very positive and helpful feedback on our hotel. Our goal here is to exceed our guests expectations and found your pros and cons very useful in reaching that goal. We are more than willing to accomadate most requests from our guests and welcome those pertaining to where in the hotel you would like to be placed. My staff loves to decorate and get into the mood for whatever season is upon us. Our maintenance department and housekeeping staff take great pride in the cleanliness and upkeep of our property. I have given them your comments and tips for them to see and they were very appreciative that you were so pleased with your stay. We are working on the areas that you mentioned and expect on your next trip through you will be delighted.

Estero, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Have stayed here repeatedly over the past 10 years returning home to SW Florida from a seasonal residence in southern Maine. In all that time have not been disappointed with any of our accommodations........... places to eat after a long day driving is another story.......not much!! Years ago we tried the "steak house" in the mall up the hill and decided a glass of wine a gormet burger from the golden arch next door was better value.

Room Tip: Choose first floor overlooking the Golden Arch to the north rather than the south side looking at th...
Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We enjoy getting to know our guests and that you have been coming here for so long is a real treat for us. We are the perfect halfway point when travelling to Florida and the Carolina's. Thank you for letting others know that we are a great place to stay when travelling. We do have some other eateries in the area that are off the beaten path if you would like to try them on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you for many years to come and safe travels to you.

dover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. I showed up the parking lot was full, the hotel was decorated for the fall feel, giving me a fall feeling.... Upon arrival was greeted very well by the Front Desk Staff as I entered the Hotel. I was there for a business trip. The wife and I enjoyed the short drive to Historic Gettysburg to see some sites and have some lunch. The rooms and hotel were very clean. I also enjoyed the nice hot breakfast they serve also. I would stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
KATHY R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We are always looking for feedback to improve our guests experience. I am always delighted when we get a review that highlights our features and staff. My name is Kathy and I am the general manager here.We want our guests to feel at home so we do take time to decorate for the seasons. We take great pride in our property and we are glad that your stay was great. Our hot breakfast and clean rooms are something that we strive to make great for each guest. Many of our guests take advantage of our central location to enjoy Gettysburg since it is just a short drive away. Please feel free to come back again should you be in the area. Thank you again for the opportunity to serve you.

Best regards.
Kathy

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!