“This hotel was absolutely wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Chambersburg
Arkansas
“This hotel was absolutely wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2007

I travel a lot in my line of work which requires me to stay in hotels all throughout the country and I can honestly say everything about this hotel was truly wonderful. The rooms were clean, roomy and spacious and the bathrooms were great as well. The staff, I can't stay enough kind words about the amazing staff. I got lost in a snowstorm on my way to the hotel driving from another part of the state and the front desk clerk was so kind in giving me directions and talking me through how to get there. The next day, everyone was so kind in asking about me and telling me how happy they were that I'd made it safely. Breakfast there was excellent and again the people were just good, kind people who served as true examples of what providing outstanding customer service is all about. This was one of the best hotels I've EVER stayed in, everything about, the accomodations, the people, the service, the amenities was Excellent, excellent, excellent! I would recommend anyone traveling to Chambersburg, PA to stay at this location, you will love it!

• Liked — Absolutely Everything!
  • Disliked — Everything About This Hotel Was Wonderful!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ottawa,ON Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2007

This was a marvelous hotel!!! Everything about it was great. The duvets were positively perfect for a cold winter night, when the temperature was below zero. The beds were new and the room was spotless. The front desk ladies were very helpful and the breakfast was great. Our stay was wonderful in every way!!!

• Liked — the beds
  • Disliked — no dislikes
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
Near Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2006

My wife and I have always liked Hamptons, and over the years we have stayed at many. This Hampton was probably the best we've ever been at!
The hotel was spotless! The staff was extremely couteous and helpful. The check-in and breakfast area was very large and well laid out. Breakfast was very good, even for a Hampton.
Our room was very large and extemely clean throughout. We arrived to complimentary Oreos and bottles of water (we're Hilton Honors members, so sometimes we get little perks like this, but not always). The heater was on, the room was at the perfect temperature, and the fan was quiet. Despite being located very close to I-81, our room was extremely quiet.
In short, I can't think of a single negative thing to say about this Hampton (and I don't hold back when criticism is warranted). Besides all this, the room rate was lower than I've become used to paying at Hamptons.
In short, we highly recommend this hotel. It's a great value!

• Liked — This hotel was great in every way
  • Disliked — Can't think of a single criticism
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2006

Having done the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and on our way to the Big Apple via Gettysburg we stopped here on spec partly because we had come to love Crackerbarrel,( despite the fact it doesn't serve drink ), which is just across the road. It is a nice clean well kept hotel with a modest price tag and we liked Applebees, in walking distance, because it is a bar and restaurant, the bar element being a bit too important, in my mind, to one in our travel party

• Liked — clean
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2006

This was a stopover stay for us on our way to Gettysburg which is about 30 minutes away by Lincoln's Way (Route 30 E). We really enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel as well as the location right off I-80. The breakfast was delicious and was manned by two very nice young ladies, Angie and Erinn. They couldn't have been nicer or more accomodating. If you get in before dinner, follow S. Fourth St. to Emily's Restaurant. What a little jewel we found that is eclectically decorated and absolutely delicious and NOT PART OF A CHAIN!!!

• Liked — Cost and location
  • Disliked — There is no pool
  • Tips/Secrets — Emily's Restaurant for very nice dining!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2005

I am originally from Chambersburg, and usually stay in a hotel when I visit now. This has to be one of the nicest hotels in Chambersburg. The 3-stars is deceiving. It is super clean, the rooms are up to date, and the bathrooms are spacious and well stocked. The staff is friendly and helpful too. I have made the mistake of staying in other "cheaper" places in Chambersburg including Travel Lodge (never again), The Sheraton, and the new Best Western. The BW isn't bad because it is new, but the Hampton Inn looks and feels a bit more upscale. It is worth the extra $10 you might save staying at another hotel TRUST ME. The rooms comes with cable, coffeemakers, ironing boards, and blow dryers. The decor is pretty standard, but neat and clean and it doesn't feel dated (or smell bad). Only downside: no pool or onsite restaurant, but there IS a small fitness room and there are several nearby restaurants including: Cracker Barrell, Bob Evans, Applebee's, Red Lobster, and Denny's. Plus it's right of I-81.

By the way, if I could I'd stay in a 5-star hotel in Chambersbur I would, but to my knowledge, none exist in this small town. Your next best bet might be the B&B on Ragged Edge Road or one of the ones near Wilson College (very pretty neighborhood). I give Hampton Inn an excellent review because it is top notch for its class of hotel (3-star).

• Stayed November 2003
Columbia, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2005

This was a very clean, spacious room. What a bargain compared to what we got in Gettysburg. If I had known what the rooms would be like in Gettysburg, I would have come back here instead of staying in Gettysburg. Very helpful staff. Excellent breakfast. Good stay for the money.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Hampton Inn Chambersburg? Share your experiences!