“Hampton Inn Chambersburg Pa” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Chambersburg
Harrisburg, United States
“Hampton Inn Chambersburg Pa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is the most friendly hotel I ever stayed at. It is a family friendly atmosphere and they always make my business travel very pleasant. Check in is quick and easy and the breakfast staff is always friendly and helpful. I've been comong to this hotel for 8 years and I've always enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kerri T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you! It is a joy to be here when we have guests like you. We appreciate you staying with us. See you next time!

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Oil City, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I wanted to like this hotel. Really. I choose Hampton Inns due to consistency of rooms and service. The HVAC mechanism broke in the middle of the night and the room was a balmy 79 degrees. There was a misunderstanding regarding maintenance and ultimately they fixed the HVAC. The general manager, Kerry, (terribly snooty woman), allowed me to shower in the room across the hall. At no point did she apologize. I did, however, apologize to both her and the very sweet assistant manager, Kathy. The second morning, I was in the bathroom, pulled some tiles out of the container and a huge spider landed on my arm. Big body...brown....very scary! I hairsprayed it to death! I called the front desk to inform them of the spider issue and Kerry, the snooty one, said "well, I don't know my spiders, but I've seen them in the rocks and they come in through the HVAC." What! She never apologized but did not charge me for the stay. I think that if she had been even the slightest bit more congenial I would have given them a slightly higher rating.
The room itself was clean. Although, I wonder if I had spiders crawling on the bed at night? Ick! Large, brown, spiders.
Again, I do want to say that they did not charge me for the two nights, but, the response from Kerry was abysmal.

Room Tip: Check the room for large brown spiders. Cannot share a photo because the spider was hairsprayed to...
Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kerri T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
I do apologize that you had the issue with the hvac unit and spider. I am also sorry that you felt that I wasn't apologetic. I do have a very calm demeanor and I am sorry that came off in a very different way to you. We want everyone to have a great stay with us, and that is why I removed the charges for both nights of your stay. We hope you will continue to choose Hampton.
Clark, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for the night and the overall experience was excellent from beginning to end. Warm greeting, nice decor, very clean room, great breakfast, quiet, etc. We look to be Hampton regulars after this stay. Highly recommend!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kerri T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you! It's wonderful to hear that you liked our Hampton. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us. We hope you will continue to choose Hampton.
LaVale, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We love this place. It's just fantastic. The staff is always wonderfully pleasant, the rooms are always clean and super comfortable, and it's in a great spot. And I hear they're running couples specials over the weekend until January for 69$ a night. I can't wait!!! Such a good value. Check out is at noon without asking which is unheard of, and the people are just so kind. So warm. It's just the greatest hotel ever.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kerri T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Oh wow! Thank you! We really appreciate hearing that you love us. You are correct about the romantic weekends for $69 a night. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to 'get away' during the winter. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
Miramar Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Have stayed in many Hampton inns as a single woman that travels for pleasure (retired) have tried many hotel chains and always come back to and usually stay with Hampton I find them security conscience, very few if any mix ups, and can relax when arriving all is in place, a clean room stress free, evening and a relaxing nights sleep topped with breakfast to face a day on the road, Quite often stay at the same Hampton but depending on travel , will stay new ones and have never been disappointed, if you want stress free clean, secure , a little class aove you can rely I find on any hampton inn

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kerri T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn! We strive to provide a safe, comfortable stay for every guest. It is our pleasure to have such nice people come to our 'home' to stay. See you next time!
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The cleanliness, politeness, and warmth of the staff made this visit extra special. Barb M, the sales manager, is one the finest individuals we have met on our many travels. The proximity to Gettysburg, and the pervasive history of the area lend an additional dimension.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kerri T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
We are honored to receive these accolades from you. Barb is a wonderful person, and a delight to be around. I am certain she will very pleased to read your review. We are glad that you had the opportunity to see our beautiful area, and hope that you may have the opportunity to return one day. Thank you for staying with us.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

On my way to Massachusetts from Virginia, I stayed on a Wednesday night at this Chambersberg, PA Hampton Inn. I was travelling alone this trip to my class reunion in the Berkshires. Our family has stayed at this Hampton some years ago and we have always found it to be a great place to stay. This time, upon evening arrival, I discovered that guests are treated to delicious snacks available in the dining area which was a nice surprise given the fact that it was 7:30 and I hadn't had supper and was hungry! My room was, as usual, immaculate and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was ample and delicious. An excellent choice of nearby restaurants makes finding a place to eat easy.

I discovered later that morning while driving through New Jersey that I had left my phone charger in the room. I received a call that they had found it and were sending it to me. It's in the details like this that contribute to making this Hampton Inn's guest services outstanding.

Great location off I-81, Beautifully maintained inn with comfortable rooms, a great staff make this one of Hampton Inn's best. We have had consistently good experiences with Hampton Inns, yet this is one of their very best.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Kerri T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you! We're so glad you made it in time for snack. Wednesday evening snack is a way for us to show our appreciation to our guests. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Been to Hampton Inn Chambersburg? Share your experiences!