“Clean, Comfortable & Convenient” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Chambersburg
Columbia, South Carolina
“Clean, Comfortable & Convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

We stayed here for an overnight stay on our way to New York. The hotel is right off I-81 and close to several restaurants. The hotel itself is very clean and comfortable with those great Cloud Nine beds and bedding! Something that really impressed me was that all the rooms had heavy solid wooden doors - and even though the hotel was full (lots of teenagers participating in a sporting event), you could not hear ANY hall noise or noise from adjacent rooms! Of course, they had the plentiful breakfast, but we just grabbed apples and coffee on our way out. Would definately stay here again.

• Liked — The hotel and room was very clean and comfortable.
  • Disliked — I would have preferred two queen beds instead of the two full beds
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

We stay at this hampton when we visit family in the area. We have never been let down. The staff is nice and helpful. The breakfast is nice and delishous also. Now the room(we ordered a 2 queen room) is so nice. The black-out shades helped me sleep-in. The beds are comfortable, and the pillows are nice and fluffy. The table was nice for working at and eating. Now the bathroom. I did not see one spot of dirt and mildew. The exersise room was very helpful. I got to have a normal workout in for the day.
Lets talk location now. It is located right off inter 81. And only a couple of blocks from the city. Also there is a Bob Evens right next door, that you could walk to.
Well we had a great time staying at the Hampton Chambersburg. We will stay there again.

• Liked — The room and the exersise room
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Hershey, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

Every year we stay at this Hampton Inn around the holidays (while visiting family) and every year we are pleased with our experience. First and foremost, the rooms are clean. We book non-smoking rooms and I've never smelled a hint of stale smoke. The bathrooms are clean -- no mold or mildew in the shower, fresh-smelling towels, and no "leftover hairs" from prior guests.

The beds are extremely comfortable -- firm, but with a pillowtop. Clean, crisp sheets are complemented with a down comforter. Nice!

Breakfast is better than most other continental breakfasts. For our last stay, they had hot eggs and sausage, along with bagels, biscuits and english muffins -- all the fixins for a hearty breakfast sandwich. They also had the usual cold cereals, fresh fruit, pastries, and oatmeal. Coffee, tea, OJ, cranberry juice and apple juice were also available. There's a Bob Evans within walking distance and a Cracker Barrel across the street if you want to pay for breakfast. There's also an Applebee's and a Red Lobster a few blocks down the road for lunch or dinner fare.

• Stayed December 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Arlington, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2007

We spent 2 nights at the Hampton Inn. Here are the negatives:
If you are sensitive to noise, this is not a good choice. The air conditioner / fan / heating unit was extremely noisey, and as the windows do not open, this is the only option for air. Worse however, was that when we shut if off, we could hear loud snoring through the wall!
Also the first non-smoking room they gave us smelled strongly of stale smoke so we had to ask to be moved. Then it was fine. The hallways smell a bit of stale cigarette smoke as well.
The positive aspects: The rooms are spacious, have a fridge, nice bathrooms, good amenities (like coffee 24 hrs a day) and we thought that the breakfast was very good considering it was included. The only thing that was annoying - they ran out of donuts by 7:00 am each morning! But there is a good selection of breakfast items. Wish they had pancakes or waffles. The room rates are good. I would stay again except for the noise, but because of that, we will not return. Also, it was hot, and the Hampton has no pool.
Be sure to check out the charming Chocolate Shop in town- worth a visit. Also, there is a cute home made ice cream parlor in town as well.

Stayed May 2007
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2007

I travel a lot in my line of work which requires me to stay in hotels all throughout the country and I can honestly say everything about this hotel was truly wonderful. The rooms were clean, roomy and spacious and the bathrooms were great as well. The staff, I can't stay enough kind words about the amazing staff. I got lost in a snowstorm on my way to the hotel driving from another part of the state and the front desk clerk was so kind in giving me directions and talking me through how to get there. The next day, everyone was so kind in asking about me and telling me how happy they were that I'd made it safely. Breakfast there was excellent and again the people were just good, kind people who served as true examples of what providing outstanding customer service is all about. This was one of the best hotels I've EVER stayed in, everything about, the accomodations, the people, the service, the amenities was Excellent, excellent, excellent! I would recommend anyone traveling to Chambersburg, PA to stay at this location, you will love it!

• Liked — Absolutely Everything!
  • Disliked — Everything About This Hotel Was Wonderful!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
Ottawa,ON Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2007

This was a marvelous hotel!!! Everything about it was great. The duvets were positively perfect for a cold winter night, when the temperature was below zero. The beds were new and the room was spotless. The front desk ladies were very helpful and the breakfast was great. Our stay was wonderful in every way!!!

• Liked — the beds
  • Disliked — no dislikes
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
Near Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2006

My wife and I have always liked Hamptons, and over the years we have stayed at many. This Hampton was probably the best we've ever been at!
The hotel was spotless! The staff was extremely couteous and helpful. The check-in and breakfast area was very large and well laid out. Breakfast was very good, even for a Hampton.
Our room was very large and extemely clean throughout. We arrived to complimentary Oreos and bottles of water (we're Hilton Honors members, so sometimes we get little perks like this, but not always). The heater was on, the room was at the perfect temperature, and the fan was quiet. Despite being located very close to I-81, our room was extremely quiet.
In short, I can't think of a single negative thing to say about this Hampton (and I don't hold back when criticism is warranted). Besides all this, the room rate was lower than I've become used to paying at Hamptons.
In short, we highly recommend this hotel. It's a great value!

• Liked — This hotel was great in every way
  • Disliked — Can't think of a single criticism
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hampton Inn Chambersburg? Share your experiences!