“Nice Place to spend the night” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Simsbury, Connecticut
“Nice Place to spend the night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Clean,comfortable and quiet, we had be traveling North for 7 hours and Chambersurg is about the halfway point between NC & CT a perfect spot right off the highway to rest for the trip home. On the trip down we stayed one exit up at the 4 Points by Marroit ( don't do it...stay away). The Hampton Inn in Chambersburg is just a few dollars more...nice decor with has comfy bed, nice bathroom and great reception...we wanted to watch the Olympics so we opted for pizza delivery. We try to stay away from the chain restaurants and were pleasently surprized by the Pizza at Caretti's Pizza. and they deliver.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kerri T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We have had a spectacular summer with great guests stopping in to see us. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family (3 kids) and I stayed here in July for a family event. The hotel was very clean, in excellent repair and had a friendly and efficient staff. The breakfast was standard Hampton Inn fare and met all expectations. While not large, our room was spacious enough for the five of us (2 queen beds and a nice rollaway). Our room was quiet and we were able to control the a/c to our liking. My wife especially liked the emphasis on daily cleaning of the duvet covers.

Bottom line: I'd highly recommend it. It will meet your standard expectations of a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kerri T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
We appreciate that you chose to stay with us. Thank you for submitting a review.
Warwick, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We needed to change our reservation from one day to the next. The person I spoke to was very friendly, efficient and helpful. I wish I could say the same thing about the robotic service when we checked-in. The front desk person was very efficient, but not very personable (she could have at least smiled once). The silent message she conveyed: I am here to process you.

The room was very nice. King bed was very comfortable, but pillows were not. Window valance night light was an interesting feature. Shower was good, as was breakfast.

The most common noise makers among room furnishings in hotels tend to be the a/c and the toilet. This hotel gets the raspberries award as both of these were quite noisy. When we arrived late afternoon we were quite tired from a long drive. We wanted to nap but couldn't as the a/c had a constant low-pitch rattle. The room was a bit cooler than we like so we shut it off and left for dinner.

Returning from dinner the room was still cool so we left the a/c off and went to bed. Neither one of us slept well. I am a light sleeper and the constant short cycling refrigerator with a control that pinged each time it turned off helped keep me awake. The awful pillows had me tossing and turning with a resulting headache and stiff neck. Having the a/c off didn't affect me.

My wife usually falls asleep easily and doesn't wake up in the night. In the morning she told me she had trouble sleeping as well. I asked her if it was because we shut off the a/c, or the noisy refrigerator or the pillows. She wasn't sure what caused it so I'll leave it at that except to say she normally sleeps very well while I tend to have difficulty falling asleep, especially when a sound cycles on and off (as opposed to being constant).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kerri T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review your recent stay with us. We apologize that your stay with us wasn't completely satisfactory. If you would like to contact me in person, I would be happy to discuss further. We pride ourselves on giving our guests friendly service, clean rooms, and comfortable surroundings. If you were not completely satisfied, we don't expect you to pay.
Chesterfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

As always this Hampton Inn was VERY clean and our room was spacious and clean. The only bad thing was no rooms have microwaves. I found that odd being all other Hampton Inns have them along with the mini fridge. We also thought the post-it note sticky telling us our bed covers were clean a bit tacky. We would hope the bedding would be clean between every new guest. It just was poor taste for a very nice hotel. The bed was a little high from the floor making it hard to climb into. The staff was very nice and helpful letting us stay a few more hours because I woke up ill on check out day. Breakfast was great as always. Overall, Hampton Inn's are great places to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kerri T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize that we didn't have an amenity that you prefer in your room. We do have a microwave in the lobby area for guest use.

The sticky notes....a bit goofy? Yes. They are a new initiative, in all Hamptons, to let the guests know we are going the extra mile to provide clean, fresh bedding for every new guest's arrival.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We love having you here!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

I was very pleased with our stay. It was very clean. I have two kids and it was very accommodating for them. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment of your valuable time to review your stay with us! It was our pleasure that you chose us here at Hampton.
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I just got home from spending 3 nights there. I called on the Tues. and asked to get in on Wens, and needed adjoining rooms since travelling with my very elderly parents and wanted a low floor.
They happily made special arrangements to accommodate us. Plus our rooms were so clean, the staff was so friendly, the breakfast was always well stocked and the attendants were so ready to help. It was truly a vacation to stay there. Soft sheets, big TV, lovely work area.....
Bonus- if you are there on July 4th, the city of Chambersburg shoots their fireworks off
right behind the hotel, so you could watch them from your room. My parents loved that!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us. We were so pleased that you were able to enjoy our town's fireworks display. Thank you for choosing Hampton!
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here for a night while traveling to Gettysburg. The hotel is clean and was easily accessible and the staff were welcoming. However, I wish I had checked the smoking policy before arrival. My room was on the third floor and was the smokiest, non-smoking room I believe I have every stayed. I won’t be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I believe we have already corresponded, but if we have not, please feel free to contact me. As always we offer our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

Been to Hampton Inn Chambersburg? Share your experiences!