“Good rates + Hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Chambersburg
Hershey, PA
“Good rates + Hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

Every year we stay at this Hampton Inn around the holidays (while visiting family) and every year we are pleased with our experience. First and foremost, the rooms are clean. We book non-smoking rooms and I've never smelled a hint of stale smoke. The bathrooms are clean -- no mold or mildew in the shower, fresh-smelling towels, and no "leftover hairs" from prior guests.

The beds are extremely comfortable -- firm, but with a pillowtop. Clean, crisp sheets are complemented with a down comforter. Nice!

Breakfast is better than most other continental breakfasts. For our last stay, they had hot eggs and sausage, along with bagels, biscuits and english muffins -- all the fixins for a hearty breakfast sandwich. They also had the usual cold cereals, fresh fruit, pastries, and oatmeal. Coffee, tea, OJ, cranberry juice and apple juice were also available. There's a Bob Evans within walking distance and a Cracker Barrel across the street if you want to pay for breakfast. There's also an Applebee's and a Red Lobster a few blocks down the road for lunch or dinner fare.

• Stayed December 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Troy NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2007

We spent 2 nights at the Hampton Inn. Here are the negatives:
If you are sensitive to noise, this is not a good choice. The air conditioner / fan / heating unit was extremely noisey, and as the windows do not open, this is the only option for air. Worse however, was that when we shut if off, we could hear loud snoring through the wall!
Also the first non-smoking room they gave us smelled strongly of stale smoke so we had to ask to be moved. Then it was fine. The hallways smell a bit of stale cigarette smoke as well.
The positive aspects: The rooms are spacious, have a fridge, nice bathrooms, good amenities (like coffee 24 hrs a day) and we thought that the breakfast was very good considering it was included. The only thing that was annoying - they ran out of donuts by 7:00 am each morning! But there is a good selection of breakfast items. Wish they had pancakes or waffles. The room rates are good. I would stay again except for the noise, but because of that, we will not return. Also, it was hot, and the Hampton has no pool.
Be sure to check out the charming Chocolate Shop in town- worth a visit. Also, there is a cute home made ice cream parlor in town as well.

Stayed May 2007
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2007

I travel a lot in my line of work which requires me to stay in hotels all throughout the country and I can honestly say everything about this hotel was truly wonderful. The rooms were clean, roomy and spacious and the bathrooms were great as well. The staff, I can't stay enough kind words about the amazing staff. I got lost in a snowstorm on my way to the hotel driving from another part of the state and the front desk clerk was so kind in giving me directions and talking me through how to get there. The next day, everyone was so kind in asking about me and telling me how happy they were that I'd made it safely. Breakfast there was excellent and again the people were just good, kind people who served as true examples of what providing outstanding customer service is all about. This was one of the best hotels I've EVER stayed in, everything about, the accomodations, the people, the service, the amenities was Excellent, excellent, excellent! I would recommend anyone traveling to Chambersburg, PA to stay at this location, you will love it!

• Liked — Absolutely Everything!
  • Disliked — Everything About This Hotel Was Wonderful!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
Ottawa,ON Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2007

This was a marvelous hotel!!! Everything about it was great. The duvets were positively perfect for a cold winter night, when the temperature was below zero. The beds were new and the room was spotless. The front desk ladies were very helpful and the breakfast was great. Our stay was wonderful in every way!!!

• Liked — the beds
  • Disliked — no dislikes
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
Near Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2006

My wife and I have always liked Hamptons, and over the years we have stayed at many. This Hampton was probably the best we've ever been at!
The hotel was spotless! The staff was extremely couteous and helpful. The check-in and breakfast area was very large and well laid out. Breakfast was very good, even for a Hampton.
Our room was very large and extemely clean throughout. We arrived to complimentary Oreos and bottles of water (we're Hilton Honors members, so sometimes we get little perks like this, but not always). The heater was on, the room was at the perfect temperature, and the fan was quiet. Despite being located very close to I-81, our room was extremely quiet.
In short, I can't think of a single negative thing to say about this Hampton (and I don't hold back when criticism is warranted). Besides all this, the room rate was lower than I've become used to paying at Hamptons.
In short, we highly recommend this hotel. It's a great value!

• Liked — This hotel was great in every way
  • Disliked — Can't think of a single criticism
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2006

Having done the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and on our way to the Big Apple via Gettysburg we stopped here on spec partly because we had come to love Crackerbarrel,( despite the fact it doesn't serve drink ), which is just across the road. It is a nice clean well kept hotel with a modest price tag and we liked Applebees, in walking distance, because it is a bar and restaurant, the bar element being a bit too important, in my mind, to one in our travel party

• Liked — clean
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2006

This was a stopover stay for us on our way to Gettysburg which is about 30 minutes away by Lincoln's Way (Route 30 E). We really enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel as well as the location right off I-80. The breakfast was delicious and was manned by two very nice young ladies, Angie and Erinn. They couldn't have been nicer or more accomodating. If you get in before dinner, follow S. Fourth St. to Emily's Restaurant. What a little jewel we found that is eclectically decorated and absolutely delicious and NOT PART OF A CHAIN!!!

• Liked — Cost and location
  • Disliked — There is no pool
  • Tips/Secrets — Emily's Restaurant for very nice dining!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Chambersburg? Share your experiences!