“I had Four Cups of Coffee, And have The Cups To Prove It” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 35 Restaurants in Chadds Ford
Cuisines: American
Elkton, Maryland
“I had Four Cups of Coffee, And have The Cups To Prove It”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Maybe it's the closeness of the University, maybe it's just policy that this location hires students that have never been a part of the food service industry, and are just going through the paces to receive a pay check.

When we first arrived we were the early birds of a larger group. We were seated right away, but then left without drinks, or anything for 20 minutes. There were three waitstaff members on, and three other families in the restaurant.

Yet we waited, and waited, and waited some more. When the rest of the group showed up, the waiting continued. Our waiter seemed to be rushed from something - we couldn't figure out what - because we never saw him.

When the food arrived it was blah - runny soups and cool food. We had almost expected that. But what I didn't expect was when I asked for a warm up on my coffee, each time I was brought out a new cup. And the old one was never taken a way.

After two cups sitting in front of me, it became a challenge for us to determine just how many cups the waiter would leave sitting in front of the guest before it looked odd enough to buss them.

We gave up at four. We couldn't stand it anymore. We were happier to just leave.

• Visited April 2013