“Fantastic casual dining” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Firebirds Wood Fired Grill

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
91 Wilmington West Chester Pike, Garnet Valley Plaza Center, Chadds Ford, PA 19317
+1 484-785-6880
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 35 Restaurants in Chadds Ford
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Firebirds is a collection of polished casual restaurants offering a refined atmosphere, top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. We are known for our authentic, wood-fired entrees infused with bold flavors, fresh herbs & spices. Our restaurants feature a selection of aged steaks hand-cut in the restaurant, fresh seafood, chicken & ribs seared over local hickory, oak or pecan wood.
Pennsylvania
“Fantastic casual dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

As chains go, Firebirds is one of the best we have been to. My husband and I had been there once before and remembered it was fun and the food was good yada yada. Our son graduated from college yesterday and wanted to go to Firebirds for dinner because he had heard good things about it. My initial inclination was that it didn't seem like the type of place you'd want to go after graduation. I was expecting that my son would have picked something a little fancier, but since it was his pick, off we went.

We all loved our dining experience there. The bar is way cool, lots of pretty bottles of different liquors all lit up and it's got a very cozy and fun vibe. We didn't get to sit in the bar because our table was ready right on time, so we headed into the restaurant, which is also very nicely decorated. Dim lighting, stone walls, wine bottles recessed in walls all made for a very nice atmosphere. The four of us were seated in a booth that could have easily sat 8 so we were very comfy.

The food was excellent. I had beef kabobs with grilled veggies. Beef was tender and cooked nice and rare, as I requested. Veggies were fresh and super crisp. My son loved his chili rubbed steak, my other son thought his burger was cooked to perfection and my husband raved about his ribs.

Service was good and the waiter was attentive and polite.

Overall, we were all pleasantly surprised that a chain restaurant made for such a wonderful night out. Saw a couple of other grads there too, so apparently others felt Firebirds was "celebration worthy". We will definitely go back lots more times since it's convenient to our home, prices are reasonable, food is very good and we really enjoyed the atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear tripadvicefromme,

Thank you for celebrating you son's graduation with us! I am so glad that everyone enjoyed their meals and that your overall experience was fantastic.

Looking forward to serving for your next celebration!

Becky

West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Went there last Sunday afternoon for lunch. We were seated very quickly and our waitress came over immediately. Since I had never been here I was asking her for her thoughts on the menu. She was very helpful. My son ordered the Durango Hamburger and I ended up ordering the wood grilled salmon, baked potato and asked for them to substitute the assorted vegetables for the green beans. Bread was bought out and I love bread and theirs was so good. I actually filled up on the bread. Drinks were promptly refilled and our waitress was right there constantly. Food came out and I was amazed at my sons hamburger. Made me jealous since it looked so dang good. MY food came and they did not substitute the veggies for the green beans. Offered to do so but I just let it go. Salmon was good, a bit bland, baked potato was fine and the veggies were pretty good. If I had to do it over again I would order something else. Not their fault but mine. I was so full from the bread I did not finish it so I took it home. My son was in heaven. He said that was the best hamburger he had ever eaten. He is even begging me to take him back on a daily basis. I think I might try it the next time.

You really need to go. Atmosphere is great, staff was great, manager came over to make sure we were good. I will be back and this has become my new favorite place to go. I plan on spending Mothers Day there. it is that good.

By the way.. if you go, you must ask for Erica. She is one of the best waitresses I have ever had. I just love her .

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Suzanne, Thank you so much for writing about your recent experience at Firebirds. It's wonderful to hear that your son enjoyed his Durango Burger so much that he wants to return daily! It's also nice to hear that Erika was one of the best waitresses that you have ever had. I will be sure to pass on your praises to Erika and Team Chaddsford.

Becky
Oxford, Pennsylvania
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner. The food was excellent. The service was impeccable and a the atmosphere pleasing. It was easy to get too and has ample parking.

• Visited April 2013
“I don't get it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I really WANT to like it here, but this is my last try. Atmosphere attractive enough, but our waiter was delayed because of a staff meeting?! Poor cocktail choices, even poorer wine list. The sirloin skewer with veggies was not hot, the beef was mediocre, the veggies raw and way too large to consider bitesize. NOT impressed again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Tryined,

Thank you for taking the time to write about Firebirds on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry to hear about your recent experience. Please contact me at bhall@fbgrill.com as our management team would like to reach out to you.

Becky Hall
Social Media Manager
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
“Happy Every Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Terrific food, service and atmosphere. My favorite dish is the "Pecan Crusted Trout". It's one of their best dishes, fabulous every time. Check out their neat wine rack that takes up a wall. Nice place for families too. You can dress up or be casual, it's nice and intimate, but a bit loud. I suggest you walk thru the bar area and check it out, it's really beautiful, with nice seating.

• Visited July 2012