“Average meal after a long wait” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Firebirds Wood Fired Grill

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
91 Wilmington West Chester Pike, Garnet Valley Plaza Center, Chadds Ford, PA 19317
484-785-6880
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 36 restaurants in Chadds Ford
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Wilmington, DE
“Average meal after a long wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you are going on a Saturday night, please make reservations. We got there around 6:45 pm and had a roughly 70 minute wait which was 15 minutes longer than their projection.

Food was fine. Portions were generous so we took leftovers home for the next day. My wife had the Mixed salad with the Coconut Shrimp; she thought the shrimp were very heavy due to being fried so beware. I had the BLT salad with the meatloaf. The meatloaf was good. Our service was average; they were busy.

• Visited October 2012

75% Recommend
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
“Delicious Lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Eight ladies, including myself, who dine together once a month, enjoyed a very tasty lunch at Firebirds today. The Luncheon menu included chargrilled salads, burgers, and meat and fish entrees, with nice wine and mixed drink selections. I chose a wood grilled filet of salmon, with parmesan smashed potatoes and fresh garden vegetables that was perfectly cooked. My friend seated next to me chose a shrimp salad that she said was as delicious as its presentation. I ended the meal with a light and tasty piece of key lime pie. Our waitress was very attentive and helpful. All of us concurred that a return visit is in order someday soon.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Media, Pennsylvania
“very good lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

enjoyed a very nice lunch including a sirloin steak salad, while my wife had a burger. my salad was abit too chopped, but thats a minor detail. my wifes burger was very good. both meats were done perfectly. will probably be back for dinner.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Ok food, very poor customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is my second time at Firebirds. The atmosphere is ok, a little dark and stuffy but it looks nice. The food was ok, nothing super special but good. It was the customer service that was my biggest problem. My friend and I both had birthday coupons. Not usually a coupon person, but they sent it to me, I'll use it. Well, my friends' had expired. Ok, fine. I wanted to use mine from my cell phone as I didn't have time to print before I left work. The manager would not honor either coupon. My friends because it expired and mine because it was on my iphone. The lunch manager (8-27) said that they won't take coupons from the iphone anymore. I understand policy but, I would think in this tight economy, that restaurants would want to keep their customers. We will not be back because the manager did not give the smallest accomodation to us. Not a huge deal but with so many other restaurants, why would we frequent one that exhibits a significant lack of training for their managers?

• Visited August 2012
Talleyville, Delaware
“Good if you want steak but really loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The main focus at Firebirds is beef however there are other selections on the menu. Although located on a busy part of Route 202, it's set back from the road and not very visible. Many locals don't know it's there although the restaurant was very busy on a Saturday night. Wait time without a reservation was 45 minutes.

The server was attentive, knowledgeable and hustled. They have a strange arrangement for alcoholic beverages. A wine list is on the table but if you prefer beer, nothing is listed either on the menu or the wine list. I had to walk over to the bar, see what was available and then go back to the table to give the waiter my selection. After I questioned him about it, he sheepishly acknowledged that they don't promote beer in the main dining area. Unfortunately, most wines are $9 per glass and the pour size is very skimpy... just barely 4 oz. That gets expensive by the end of dinner.

The filet Mignon was an excellent cut of beef but wasn't cooked to my specification. The meatloaf was terrible... you're better off at a diner. The catch of the day was "OK" but the prime rib was a little tough. Prices are a little high but if you want steak, then Firebirds is still much less expensive than Sullivan's Steakhouse a short distance away. Firebirds also includes a starch or vegetable in the price of their entree.

The decor is sophisticated but the noise level is terrible when the place is busy. We had to yell across a table for six to be heard, which is a big turnoff for us. Since the restaurant is in PA, your tab will include a 6% state tax. (Delaware is a minute away and tax free). We are unlikely to return given the high price of wine, the noise and their average food quality.

• Visited July 2012