“A great experience with a great host.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Longwood Bed & Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chadds Ford
Longwood Bed & Breakfast Inn
268 Kennett Pike (PA Route 52 South), Chadds Ford, PA 19317   |
Boston, Massachusetts
“A great experience with a great host.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised to find an excellent room with a superb host who was friendly, attentive, and very helpful. John made our three night stay one of our best experiences with a b&b. Location is very good and convenient

• Stayed October 2012

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Friendly, attentive, comfortable with a well appointed room, and a great breakfast to boot. A real bargain, just 1.0 mile from Longwood Gardens in a very tranquil setting in the Chadd's Ford/Brandywine area of PA. Overall a superb weekend

Room Tip: any room is good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My grandmother and I stayed at the Longwood Bed and Breakfast over the weekend and we had a great stay! It is less than 1 mile from Longwood Gardens (a MUST see! Just beautiful). We stayed in a 3 room suite, it was very clean and nice and big! We had a large bedroom, sitting area, and bathroom. The view looked over the peaceful backyard filled with many trees and a koi pond. John (owner) prepared breakfast each morning (one morning- pineapple and coconut bread along with a quiche and roasted asparagus, the next was an egg and veggie souffle with ham) all served alongside fresh fruit (blackberries, kiwi, cantalope, honeydew, peaches) and fresh coffee, OJ and tea. The other guests were also very pleasant and fun to talk to at breakfast. John (owner) was very knowledgeable about the area's history and suggested things to do. The price is very reasonable for this bed and breakfast and it felt as if we were staying at a friend's house!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The owner John is very calm, professional, and easy to talk to. He gladly escorted my fiancé and I around the carriage house and answered any questions we had. I went home and reserved online. In the form, there is a spot for special requests, in which I requested I be permitted to check in early on the day of my wedding, so I wouldn't have to wait until very late in the evening. I also wanted my mom and two sisters to come with me, help me put on my dress, and do our make up together. John had said this likely wouldn't be a problem, as we were getting a room mid week. A few days later I received a phone call in which a woman kept suggesting other B&B's, expressed her distaste for my failure to be up front about the check in time and the bridal party, stated it would be a liability concern to have other people in the room, and then insulted me when I asked what the check in time was anyway, in case I would like to stay but rearrange our plans, because "well, it's all over our website and I am certain my husband told you when you were here," as if I was not permitted to forget. I tried to explain that we are not having a traditional ceremony with lots of guests and I am quite flexible. But, she finally admitted she did not want me to stay there. She rudely assumed the details of my wedding and without even trying to accommodate me, she made me feel like I was out of line for making any special requests. I guess they should not have a "requests" box on the reservations!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

In our plans to visits Longwood Gardens we found Longwood Bed & Breakfast Inn. My husband and I would highly recommend these accommodates for those in this area. Our Suite was very tastefully appointed and very comfortable. Great detail was given to provide the guest with detailed information on attractions and restaurants in the area. John the host served a delicious breakfast the next morning. Johns went out of his way to make sure that all our needs were met while allowing you to enjoy our personal privacy. My husband and I wish that we had planned to stay more than one night at the Inn. We will defintely stay here again,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Three of us stayed in the Winterthur Suite for five nights while attending my son's wedding, and wished we could have stayed longer. John was most accommodating, readily available but of sight in his own home, providing us tremendous privacy. The entire carriage house was extremely plush and fantastically neat and clean, with every amenity one could desire. Breakfasts were served at our choice of times and John provided us ample choices, serving fresh fruit and nut bread in addition to the main course. The beds were amazingly comfortable and the central air was quiet and responsive. One warm bug-free night we enjoyed wine and cheese on the upstairs deck while watching the sun set - very relaxing. It's not often you find a B&B this perfect - my hat's off to the host.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We have stayed at the Longwood Bed & Breakfast numerous times. The B&B is located in a beautifully restored carriage house with lovely gardens. It is minutes from Longwood Gardens and other attractions such as the Brandywine Museum, Wyeth Museum, Hagley Museum, and Winterthur.

The rooms are charmingly decorated and ultra clean. We usually stay in the 'blue Suite", as we call it. It is roomy with a big bedroom, large bath, sitting room, and a second bedroom, should you need it. A lovely breakfast was served each morning, and was simply delicious.

There is also a kitchenette outside the suite where you can brew coffee or tea, and a refrigerator for storing cold drinks.

John and Barbara were very accomodating and went out of their way so that we had an enjoyable time.

These owners know how to do things right so you have an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Longwood Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!