“Forget this one !” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Penns Woods Winery is a family-run Pennsylvania Winery. With over 40 years of experience in the wine business, winemaker, Gino Razzi, and his daughter, Carley Razzi Mack, produce award winning wines from 100% Pennsylvania-grown grapes. Their tasting room in Chadds Ford, Pa provides an all-around vineyard experience. They are conveniently located off of 202 just 15 minutes from Wilmington, DE and 35 minutes from Philadelphia, PA! The tasting room and wine shop sit atop a 30-acre property that overlooks rolling vineyards. Pass by to pick up your favorite wines, or you can stay a while and have a picnic or a tasting. Our wines range from light and fruity Traminette and Sauvignon Blanc to Italian-style Bordeaux’s. Need a last minute gift? Penns Woods Winery also sells fair trade items, locally made candles, art, wine totes,cheese, honey, and chocolate! So stop in, grab a glass, and experience the Pennsylvania Wine Revolution!
Bethlehem
20 attraction reviews
“Forget this one !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

After stopping at numerous other wineries on the Brandywine Wine Trail this one doesn't deserve a visit. To begin with if you chose to buy any wines you will have to add another $ 8 per person just for the tasting, so on top of their pricey bottles it will cost you a small fortune. We also wanted to buy a glass of Pinot Grigio ( not in the sampling ) to drink while sitting on the outside deck. We were told they didn't have a bottle open so if we wanted a glass we would have to buy the whole bottle. With that comment they lost potential sales for more wine. Why would anyone buy a bottle without having the opportunity to taste it first ? Just Ridiculous !

Visited June 2013
PennsWoodsWinery1, Owner at Penns Woods Winery, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We are so sorry that you had a less than enjoyable experience at our Tasting Room. We always try to make sure each customer experience is a great one.

When we are very low on a product, like our Pinot Grigio, we do not allow our staff to open the bottles for tasting.

With our large selection of wines, we have to choose which to open so we are not left with wine for waste. We do have two flight options available which means that 10 of our wines are open. I hope that you do give our winery another chance and would love for you to taste the next new vintage of our Pinot Grigio when it is released!! We change our wine flights one to two times a month, so hopefully we will have something for you next time!!!

Thank you for the review.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Usa
“Drive by no more!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Interestingly we drove by the little attraction sign for years before seeking out this local Winery. Less than a mile from the main road a quaint old charm gem sits. The view and sunset were awesome and the wine tasting informative. We enjoyed the wine and even bought a few bottles to go. The people were super friendly as well.

Visited May 2013
PennsWoodsWinery1, Owner at Penns Woods Winery, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thanks for your review Jay! We are so happy that you found us and enjoyed your experience and the wines! We hope to see you again soon!
Media, Pennsylvania
“I cannot say enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was never really a wine drinker until I was invited to a wine tasting at Penns Woods. First off it was super easy to get to-and since I've made several trips back and given directions to my mother who has the hardest time with direction it was easy to return to as well. The wine, though I have said I'm no expert, is delicious! Just so you understand how delicious I went to a wedding a few months ago and was amazed at how good the wine was- low and behold when I inquired from the bartender what it was it was Penns Woods! I highly recommend it! the people are very kind and helpful. The tasting specials are fabulous and the seasonal things like the sangria and mulled wine hit the spot! I recommend checking out their website if you're looking for something to do especially with out of town guests I highly recommend it!

Visited November 2012
PennsWoodsWinery1, Owner at Penns Woods Winery, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your review!!! We are so happy that you enjoyed yourself and continue to visit! We LOVE to hear that you had the wine at a wedding as well! It is always great to know people support local wine and serve it at their special events!!! Looking forward to your return soon!
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
“Wow, right in my own backyard...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was at the winery for a yoga class in the vineyard followed by wine pairing. I was blown away by how friendly and knowledable Carley was about the wine. I learned so much about the wine making process. The yoga class was so relaxing and beautiful at sunset. After the class we were treated to a farmer's platter with several wine pairings. I can't express enough how much I enjoyed the whole experience and plan to tell all my friends what a great find this is. Thanks again Carley! I will be back soon...

Visited April 2013
PennsWoodsWinery1, Owner at Penns Woods Winery, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your Review! We are so happy you enjoyed the Yoga in the Vineyard! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Westampton, New Jersey
27 attraction reviews
“Quaint Venue but Chadds Ford Winery better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went to Chadds Ford Winery, as well, on the same day. Chadds Ford is larger venue - more spacious wine tasting room and store. For the tasting and wine the prices were cheaper at Chadds Ford and at Chadds Ford you keep their wine glass with tasting.

Visited February 2013
PennsWoodsWinery1, Owner at Penns Woods Winery, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank-you for your review Barbara! Our tasting room/ facility is small and family-run. Though we are on the same wine trail, we try to keep a boutique and intimate setting while Chadds Ford is able to host very large crowds. We also only produce about 2,000 cases per year so our wines, in turn, are priced higher. We do offer a tasting that you can take home a glass, however it is the 'Reserve' tasting. I will be sure to make both tasting options more prominent in the tasting room! We do hope you come back for another visit! Perhaps in the Spring when we host events outside in the vineyards!