“great cave to vist” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Caverns/ Caves, Outdoors
Activities: Group tours/day tour
More attraction details
Owner description: This cave can only be entered by tour boats.
pennsylvania
20 attraction reviews
“great cave to vist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We go to Penn's Cave every year and love it. You go into the gift shop to buy the tickets. If it's a weekend during the summer, you may have a small wait time. The good thing is you can walk around the gift shop or roam the property while you are waiting. When your tour is close to being ready you leave the gift shop and walk down a winding trail. The property is beautiful. Then you go down a steep hill and lots of stairs to reach the entrance of the cave. At the cave entrance you can see the water and fish that live there. You can also feel the temperature difference. The cave is about 50 degrees, so you might want to bring a light coat or sweatshirt. The tour is on a small motorized boat and the tour guides are very knowledgeable. While on the tour, you go through Penn's Cave and see many of the cave's features. Bring your camera!

Visited May 2013

Osceola Mills, Pennsylvania
21 attraction reviews
“A little too touristy, but very cool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I personally found Penn's Cave to be a bit on the expensive side and VERY touristy/commercialized. The cave itself is really interesting and there are some amazing formations. The boat ride is also fun. However, I felt like my tour guide was not very knowledgeable and admitted that he "made stuff up." That was a big turn off for me. Overall, I did enjoy my visit. I definitely recommend it for families.

Visited July 2013
croydon
22 attraction reviews
“Breath taking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have been to several other cave's in PA this one just topped it. Dave our boat driver was excellent. Dave was very informative about this cave and others he has seen. Funny and extremly knowledgeable. I can not wait to come back here. We also did the Wildlife ride which was also great. The driver which I wish I could remember her name was great she knew so much and taught us a lot about the animals. I would not hesitate to go here just wish I would of came here sooner. Beautiful in every way.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Cave Boat Tour and Wildlife Tour - Fun Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We spent the day here and enjoyed the boat tour through the cave. There were some beautiful formations and our guide was fun and informative. We had brought a picnic lunch and had an hour wait for our tour to enjoy it in the picnic area. After the cave tour we hopped abord an open air bus and did the wildlife our. Many North American Animals were on display and we got to see them all. Our guide was fun and knowledgeable.

Canada
170 attraction reviews
“Intriguing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

It was raining when we visited the Penn's Cave. It sure was beautiful and the boat trip was quite informative. Once we got out of the cave, nature was covered with fog, making it quite mystic. A true enjoyable trip!