“Quite Disappointing” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's Steak House - Center Valley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rt 309 & I 78
Description: Shula's Steak House is the classic American, fine dining steak house. Our restaurant is themed after 1972's Undefeated Miami Dolphins and showcases their "Perfect Season" - the only team in NFL history to finish a season 17 - 0.Our custom center cuts of Premium Black Angus Beef® steaks accompanied with our aging process make up our award winning SHULA CUT ® , the best beef money can buy. Our custom cuts and aging process are the highest in the industry. You won't find a better steak anywhere.Shula's events and social gatherings offer a winning tradition and atmosphere, combined with exceptional menus, professional service and dedication you would only expect from the NFL's winningest coach - Don Shula.Each restaurant is themed after the 1972 Miami Dolphins' "Perfect Season" - the only team in NFL history to finish a season undefeated. We invite you to experience Shula's Steak House, where we only offer the biggest and the best.
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“Quite Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My wife and I went here to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We were quite disappointed. We had a 4:30pm reservation so we could make a show later that evening. upon arrival we waited at the hostess stand for four minutes before the bartender yelled over to us to hold on while she finds the hostess. A few minutes later our hostess arrived and asked if we preferred a booth or a table and I replied either as long as we were not near the kitchen. We followed the hostess and she put our menus on the table adjacent to the kitchen door. I said we would not sit there as it was next to the kitchen. She said "oh yeah you did mention that" and placed us at the next table. I could not believe this as there was only one other couple in the restaurant.
Our server, Stacy was very polite and efficient as was her helper Krista. I ordered a bottle of wine off the wine list and was told that was out of stock.
The lobster bisque was delicious and my wife's salad wedge was quite good. However the rest of the meal was not satisfactory. Upon Stacy's recommendation I ordered the Kansas steak with steak fries. The steak was as tasteless as I have ever had in my life. There was absolutely no flavor! I could not eat this without adding salt and pepper. My french fries were barely cooked and were mushy. I only had one and could not eat more. My wife said the scallops were Okay but not great and her twice baked potato was good.

Overall we paid a lot of money for a poor meal and left the restaurant vowing never to return.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Shula's Steak House - Center Valley, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Bup112, we want to thank you for dining with us, and we'd also like to thank you for sharing feedback from your recent visit to our restaurant. We are disappointed to hear that you weren't fully satisfied with your experience at Shula's.

We take guest feedback very seriously. We've made sure to pass along your comments to our management team. We hope that despite your last visit, you'll come back and give us another chance.

Thank you.

Pottstown
“Classy good/Not snobby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

First time making the trek to Shulas Steakhouse. Not sure what I was expecting but I knew it was a higher end nice establishment. As soon as we walked in we were greeted by very warm and friendly faces. On first observation I felt as if I were in Capitol Grille. The feel was similar but thankfully on a smaller venue and much quieter. The drinks were excellent and the servers were extremely attentive to our group. They took great care in ensuring you ordered the correct meal and prepared to your liking. Everything from the filet to the Prime Rib to the appetizers were excellent. I have to admit this may be the first time I did not finish my meal. I couldn't wait to eat it the next day. Keep up the great work and I would highly suggest everyone to treat you and your loved ones to a night out at Shulas.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Shula's Steak House - Center Valley, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Craig789, we want to thank you for leaving a fabulous review, and we'd also like to thank you for dining with us. We are absolutely thrilled to hear you loved everything about our restaurant.

It's great to know you felt our staff did an excellent job serving you. We constantly strive to provide our guests with an unparalleled dining experience. From reading over your review, it definitely seems like we hit our mark. We'll make sure to let our culinary team know you thoroughly enjoyed everything that was prepared for you.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate when patrons take the time out of their day to write a fantastic review. We hope you realize how much it means, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to Shula's, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. We hope to see you back again!
“The best steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We have eaten at Shula's since it opened. We have always had an excellent meal.
I like to eat in a restaurant with a white table clothe and comfortable chairs. To me it's a sign of good things to come. That's what you get at Shula's.
Their steaks are cooked exactly the way you order them and always tender. You can't do better then here.
The staff is friendly and knows their stuff.
Go here!!!!

M4925, we want to thank you for your continuous patronage, and we'd also like to thank you for leaving a spectacular review. We couldn't be happier to hear you always have an extraordinary experience when dining at our restaurant.

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned how friendly and knowledgable our team is. We are very fortunate to have such caring and dedicated individuals working with us. They really do go above and beyond to ensure everything is always perfect for our guests. We'll make sure to let everyone know of all the kind things you had to say.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It really means a lot when patrons take the time out of their day to write an amazing review. We hope you realize how much we appreciate it, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our location, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. We can't wait to see you back!
Coopersburg PA
“Another Fantastic Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Our family had dinner at Shula's Center Valley last evening. Our reservation was for 6:30 PM, arrived at 6:15 and were seated immediately. This was our second visit to Shula's and we enjoyed the experience as much as the first time. Ethan, our head server, lead a very professional team, all of whom were were very attentive. The food was outstanding! My husband's lobster tail and filet mignon Oscar were superb. My cowboy steak was grilled to perfection and my son's prime rib was huge. The sides were excellent, especially the creamed spinach. We did not have room for dessert (we had appetizers) and took food home for another meal. Our family is planning a return trip to Shula's where the pleasant atmosphere contributed to a wonderful family dinner. Thanks to all at Shula's!

Visited June 2014
Beverly S, thank you for writing a fantastic review, and we'd also like to thank you for your continuous patronage to our restaurant. We are absolutely thrilled to hear you had another excellent experience at Shula's.

It's great to hear you loved everything you ordered. From reading over your review, it definitely seems like you made some great food choices. Our creamed spinach is a favorite among many of our regular patrons. Next time you visit, you need to save room for dessert! You won't be disappointed!

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It really means a lot when patrons take the time out of their day to leave a thoughtful review. We hope you realize how much we appreciate it, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our restaurant, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. We look forward to your next visit!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Bewst Steak and Service ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I frequent the Saucon Valley mall and it's restaurants. We have also tried steaks at Ruth Chris' and Capitol Grille but by far, Shula's is the best. It was my wifes birthday and she said "steak" so we tried Shulas and it did not dissapoint one bit. The quality of the food and the food preparation was superb. As for the staff, from the receptionist (it was her first day!) to our wait-team of Charisse and Anita, they were top notch. We will definitely return. We also had lunch at the bar a few weeks back and enjoyed that visit as well.
As for the price, I am a firm believer that you really do get waht you pay for and the steaks were at the top!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Shula's Steak House - Center Valley, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Russell G, we want to thank you for your continuous patronage to our restaurant, and we'd also like to thank you for writing a phenomenal review. We couldn't be happier to hear you and your wife always have a fabulous experience when dining with us.

We're grateful you took your wife to our restaurant to celebrate her birthday. From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned how you felt the quality of our food and its presentation was superb. We are very proud of the amazing culinary team we have. They work very hard to ensure we're always serving the freshest and most delicious food, and when it comes to steaks, they strive to meet the exact temperature requested. We'll make sure to let everyone here know of all the kind things you had to say.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It really means a lot when patrons take the time out of their day to leave a spectacular review. We hope you realize how much we appreciate it, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you. We look forward to your next visit!