“The Cashtown Inn never disappoints us!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cashtown Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cashtown
Cashtown Inn
Save Saved
You added Cashtown Inn to your Saves list
1325 Old Route 30, Cashtown, PA 17310   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Cashtown B&B and Inns
New Egypt, New Jersey
“The Cashtown Inn never disappoints us!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at the Cashtown, my second visit there, just last weekend. Two girlfriends and I booked the General Lee suite for the weekend. Jack is always the host with the most. In his absence Friday night, Jack's right hand man Brian was a fantastic substitute. The meal on Friday night was divine. The house salad with the and the NY strip steak was top notch, as usual. jack's cheesy eggs on Sunday morning are practically worth coming back for all on their own! We had no problems at all in the suite, although we highly recommend another trash can in the room! The staff is so accomodating and we very much look forward to coming back. I took some compelling photos while "investigating" in the parlor in the middle of the night. Great place and I will always make it a part of my future trips to Gettysburg.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I decided last minute to take a weekend trip to Gettysburg. I love history so I booked a room at this inn. We were in Room 2. We had a great stay. Everyone was very friendly; we had drinks at the Tavern Sat.night and breakfast, of course, Sunday morning. The stuffed french toast was wonderful. We did get some bumps in the night but I can't 100% say the room was haunted. It was only ~10-15 min drive into town and was peaceful/quiet as compared to staying in town.

I would love to stay again when we get back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sykesville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed there after Thanksgiving this year as my birthday present. The Inn and room were very clean, however, with loose toothbrush holder, cracked lampshades, slumping sofa, shower hooks that fall off of rod, and malfunctioning TV, accommodations were shabby, not shabby-chic (Anderson Suite #7). It would have been helpful to have pillowcases on the pillows inside the shams because we are used to a couple extra pillows. A few additional items such as additional mirror in the bedroom area, another trash can in the sitting area, a robe hook in bath, and small writing table and chair would have made our stay more convenient. The food at breakfast, however, was delicious and the filet mignon was the best I have had; the ambiance in the tavern was welcoming and comfortable. Our innkeeper, Jack, was helpful but rushed, and the TV was not fixed during our stay.

Sykesville, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Quaint, charming, and historically significant. Excellent food. Sub-par furnishings in our suite. TV old and malfunctioning. Sofa had broken springs and was near impossible to get out of once seated. End tables barely big enough to hold the lamp. Few places to set things down. Yet despite these flaws it was still a pleasant stay. Jack, the owner I presume, seems to be overwhelmed at times. Very helpful in a frenzied manner. Waitstaff was wonderful. Other than the Round Barn - a must visit - there is little in the area other than Gettysburg - about 8 miles away. We have stayed at B&Bs in Gettysburg and will do that again. However, a stay at the Cashtown Inn is a must.

Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Jack is a very nice and caring man. When I stayed there, I had a low blood sugar and he went out of his way to get me some juice. The history of the Inn is amazing. The door on the buliding is the original one. OMG and the food is absolutely devine! I can not wait to go back again.

Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I have been traveling to Gettysburg for 15 years or more. It started out as an interest in the Civil War and the history in town and the surrounding areas. If you are interested in civil war history you need to stay here. The Confederate army marched past the Cashtown Inn on the way to Gettysburg. There is so much to tell on the historical side of the Cashtown Inn that we suggest you seek out that information elsewhere. We have stayed at many of the bed and breakfasts in the area but hands down the Cashtown by far is the BEST.

We recently stayed in the General Lee suite and also in room 6. They were both very nice but the General Lee suite was fantastic. Not a bad place to sit out a big storm.We made it just in time for hurricane Sandy. We weathered the storm very well and felt like we were in our own living room.

Jack and Maria welcome you into their home and make you feel as if it were your own. The staff is very polite and could not help you enough. Thanks Brian for the special tour and for steering us to the local artist. The prints look great on our kitchen wall. The meals were absolutely wonderful, my favorite was breakfast. My wife always looks forward to the banana french toast while I look forward to Jack's cheesy eggs. You cannot get a better meal anywhere in the area than at the Cashtown Inn.

We did the Halloween weekend in which we had a ghost walk, investigation of the Cashtown with Mark Nesbit and then the following morning the results of what we each had found. We felt as though we were part of the TAPS team. It was a fun experience.

We would highly recommend the Cashtown Inn. The rooms are beautiful and clean and the staff goes out of their way to make sure your stay is pleasent. Jack and Maria are more like friends to us than inn keepers. If you are looking for civil war history and ghostly encounters, the Cashtown has plenty of both.

Thank you, Jack and Maria for a wonderful time. We are looking forward to seeing you next fall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Binghamton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I dont know how Jack and Maria and the staff at Cashtown Inn could be any better. All of them.First rate! With a full house of guests down to one person, these folks will do whatever they can to make your stay fun and enjoyable. Polite and Respectful. The " rules" are simply guidelines that need to be followed for obvious and historical reasons. This is thier home, and it is a beauty. Some of the rooms are period rooms. as close as they can be to 1863. Some rooms have extras such as Tv,vcr etc. If your planning to come visit the Cashtown Inn and have questions, call or email them. Do some research.Google. YouTube. Get an idea of the rich history of both Cashtown and Gettysburg. Add that to the stories Jack and the staff will tell you and you WILL have a visit you will always cherish, and keep coming back time after time. If you need your hand held 24/7 and need a butler to tend to your every need ,you may have to try someplace else.For myself , theres nothing like starting my days activities from the Cashtown Inn , and ending my day with a superb dinner and rocking on the front porch , and then wondering what the night will bring... BOO ! :)

Room Tip: Ghosts- any room you never can tell ( but try AP Hill room3 ) Families- Suites 6 and 7 Historical...