Just got back from 2 nights at Ski Liberty, where we also stayed for 2 nights. Hotel from the outside looks like a Motel 6 but our room was VERY nice, had obviously recent been updated. Granite counter top in bathroom, strong shower, whole room and bathroom very clean. Comfy bed, all decor pretty, bright, and up to date. Room on the small side but adequate for 2 adults and 2 kids! We stayed on the golf side and had no problem with noise.
Skiing with 3 and 7 year old was great. For the 3 year old, they have a small conveyor belt lift that takes you up about 60 feet on a green slope. He didn't last long, but then we put him in the $15/hr daycare where he was blissfully happy for 6 hours. We took the 7 year old ourselves (no ski school) and within an hour he was happy and confident. Several green/blue slopes for beginners. All employees terrific. Ski rental very easy, efficient, staff knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Definitely worth it to stay at the hotel on site as the parking lot was full and we got to park in hotel parking.
Food - at base of slope there was a very good outdoor grill that had a solid B+ cheeseburger and a variety of sides. Breakfast included with hotel was adequate. Dinner at Tavern on the Green was C. Cuban pork sandwich pretty bad (but I'm from Florida originally so have high standards) and other was standard. Wings were small but meaty and tasty. Good beer! We had dinner the 2nd night just offsite at Taverna 5450 which next time we will go to for both dinners! Great food there with ambience.
Overall our family loved Liberty Ski Resort - at 75 minutes from Northern Virginia it can't be beat for beginners/young families. Try the tubing too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Liberty Mountain Resort is a four season resort located 8 miles south of Gettysburg, PA. Visitors to the resort will enjoy the beautiful mountain setting and multiple activities and amenities. The resort features skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing in the winter months, and an 18 hole championship golf course and huge mountainside outdoor pool in the summer. Year round, the resort's multiple picturesque venues and onsite restaurants and catering, make it the perfect location for weddings, conferences and social and business gatherings. Currently under construction and scheduled to open in the fall of 2015, the Highland Lodge will expand the resorts offerings to include 2 new restaurants, 17 additional hotel rooms and suites, an indoor pool and more social and meeting space. Whether you enjoy skiing, snowboarding, golfing or just relaxing; you'll find Liberty Mountain Resort is a wonderful getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Liberty Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Mountain Resort And Carroll Valley Golf
- Liberty Mountain Resort & Carroll Valley Golf Hotel Carroll Valley